Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official visits

Does anyone know what the MIAA rules are concerning missing practices to make an official visit to a college? I've tried looking through the MIAA rule book, but I don't see anything.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Official visits

Originally posted by Guestl
    Does anyone know what the MIAA rules are concerning missing practices to make an official visit to a college? I've tried looking through the MIAA rule book, but I don't see anything.

Thanks for any help.
    I am pretty sure that the bona fide team rule only applies to extra curricula actvities such as club soccer. A player has to give priority to his/ her high school team over any other outside team sport during the given high school season. Since college visits should fall within the academic priority, it shouldn't be a problem. Most times it's just a matter of letting the coach know ahead of time.

Comment

Re: Official visits

Originally posted by Guestl

Thanks for any help.
      MIAA's rule only applies to sports actvities (playing or practices), and those sports are limited to the sports under which MIAA has control. So. if you missed a practice to play water polo or racket ball, MIAA's rule doesn't apply. Under MIAA's rules, you can miss a practice for shopping, birthday parties, bowling, sailing, fishing, movies, chess club, band practice, driving lessons, horse jumping, french club or almost any activity that doesn't compete with MIAA's authority. Visiting a college is just fine.

Of course, whatever happens depends on your coach. Some are just jerks, but most are very reasonable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X