Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Rhode Island

Notices

Rhode Island Discussions about Rhode Island soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default RI HS JV Championship

Anyone know where the bracket is posted? I heard the games start this week, possibly Thursday.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone know where the bracket is posted? I heard the games start this week, possibly Thursday.
Not sure but Pilgrim demolished EWG last night!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone know where the bracket is posted? I heard the games start this week, possibly Thursday.
Ahhh! the old JV playoff challenge. The challenge is getting any information at all. When my daughter played JV she would call me to let me know where the game was being held. I missed one game because she didn't know where they were.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure but Pilgrim demolished EWG last night!
I suppose only in the world of JV soccer is a 3-2 win considered "demolished"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone know where the bracket is posted? I heard the games start this week, possibly Thursday.
There is nothing anywhere online for JV soccer. Its the same as with Jr High sports, although they at least have RIPCOA.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is nothing anywhere online for JV soccer. Its the same as with Jr High sports, although they at least have RIPCOA.
That's not entirely correct. The HS and JV schedules and results have been kept fairly regularly up to date at: http://www.riil.org/fancentral/index.htm

But the "Fall Tournament Schedule" link goes back to the 2010 season, and hasn't been updated for 2011, yet the games are ready to begin.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's not entirely correct. The HS and JV schedules and results have been kept fairly regularly up to date at: http://www.riil.org/fancentral/index.htm

But the "Fall Tournament Schedule" link goes back to the 2010 season, and hasn't been updated for 2011, yet the games are ready to begin.
There is no history of RIIL keeping track of the JV championship. It just happens without any fanfare. And probably best that way.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-26-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no history of RIIL keeping track of the JV championship. It just happens without any fanfare. And probably best that way.
For that matter all of HS sports could be done without fanfare, doesn't mean a schedule can't be posted.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For that matter all of HS sports could be done without fanfare, doesn't mean a schedule can't be posted.
From what i can tell this year is a lot better as far as posting the in season schedule for JV. Although there is still some bazaar stuff going on with the divisions.

I don't think there has ever been a schedule for a JV Playoffs/championship partly because there is no guarantee that it will actually happen. I got the impression that the coaches/AD's made a few phone calls and wrote the schedule on a napkin. If there is enough money in the budget for a couple of buses, then it's on. The coach lets the kids know a couple days ahead of time or whenever he/she finds out what is going on. Then your kid forgets to tell you and you will get a text message at about 1:30 letting you know that there is a game today. I know it could be better but it is what it is. Take a deep breath and enjoy it
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2011
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Portsmouth is playing North Kingstown at Portsmouth tonight
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USYSA National Championship Series vs. NPL National Championship Unregistered Florida 3 06-29-2011 06:01 PM
UEFA Championship Unregistered Florida 39 05-31-2011 11:12 AM
UEFA Championship Unregistered Florida 29 05-29-2009 07:08 PM
U12 Championship? onthree Massachusetts 1 06-18-2007 07:39 AM
BU9 S/C Championship!!! California 2 03-29-2007 04:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Hosted by Beachcomber.net. Premium Services without the premium price

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.