Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Rhode Island

Notices

Rhode Island Discussions about Rhode Island soccer.

Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Default RI HS JV Championship

Anyone know where the bracket is posted? I heard the games start this week, possibly Thursday.
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone know where the bracket is posted? I heard the games start this week, possibly Thursday.
Not sure but Pilgrim demolished EWG last night!
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
Ahhh! the old JV playoff challenge. The challenge is getting any information at all. When my daughter played JV she would call me to let me know where the game was being held. I missed one game because she didn't know where they were.
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure but Pilgrim demolished EWG last night!
I suppose only in the world of JV soccer is a 3-2 win considered "demolished"
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
There is nothing anywhere online for JV soccer. Its the same as with Jr High sports, although they at least have RIPCOA.
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
There is nothing anywhere online for JV soccer. Its the same as with Jr High sports, although they at least have RIPCOA.
That's not entirely correct. The HS and JV schedules and results have been kept fairly regularly up to date at: http://www.riil.org/fancentral/index.htm

But the "Fall Tournament Schedule" link goes back to the 2010 season, and hasn't been updated for 2011, yet the games are ready to begin.
Old 10-25-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
That's not entirely correct. The HS and JV schedules and results have been kept fairly regularly up to date at: http://www.riil.org/fancentral/index.htm

But the "Fall Tournament Schedule" link goes back to the 2010 season, and hasn't been updated for 2011, yet the games are ready to begin.
There is no history of RIIL keeping track of the JV championship. It just happens without any fanfare. And probably best that way.
Old 10-26-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
There is no history of RIIL keeping track of the JV championship. It just happens without any fanfare. And probably best that way.
For that matter all of HS sports could be done without fanfare, doesn't mean a schedule can't be posted.
Old 10-26-2011
Unregistered

Quote:
For that matter all of HS sports could be done without fanfare, doesn't mean a schedule can't be posted.
From what i can tell this year is a lot better as far as posting the in season schedule for JV. Although there is still some bazaar stuff going on with the divisions.

I don't think there has ever been a schedule for a JV Playoffs/championship partly because there is no guarantee that it will actually happen. I got the impression that the coaches/AD's made a few phone calls and wrote the schedule on a napkin. If there is enough money in the budget for a couple of buses, then it's on. The coach lets the kids know a couple days ahead of time or whenever he/she finds out what is going on. Then your kid forgets to tell you and you will get a text message at about 1:30 letting you know that there is a game today. I know it could be better but it is what it is. Take a deep breath and enjoy it
Old 10-26-2011
Unregistered

Portsmouth is playing North Kingstown at Portsmouth tonight