Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link from MAPLE site

I think that Butkusfan made an intersting point that the link from the MAPLE site was the factor that got such a large population of readers and posters to the old touchline. Many parents,coaches and players check the standings or investigate clubs and stumble across the discussion board and go on to be good contributors.

Can anyone suggest the right approach to having the MAPLE site link to this forum?

Email sent to Kathy Irwin this morning

H i Kathy,

I am a parent and coach who stumbled across the touchline when visiting the MAPLE site a few years ago; I gained a lot of valuable information from it. I understand that you are doing away with the touchline today primarily due to deciding to allocate MAPLE money in other directions and the availability of other options for this type of discussion.

Is there a way to provide a link to one of the alternative options to allow Massachusetts people interested in MAPLE to find each other? The cost to MAPLE is zero – the benefit to the MAPLE community is large. If you decide this is possible; the link to the website that the touchline posters have moved to is http://talking-soccer.com/region3/viewforum.php?f=33

Thanks,

Comment

If you can send me a Private Mesasge with Kathy Irwin's email or any other contact info, I will help contact her and set things up. We are going to be moving this site to a new server and the link to the site will be modified slightly.

Simply tell her to point to root URL (http://www.talking-soccer.com) and all will be fine and not the (talking-soccer.com/region3/...) or the link will be broke when I move the site to the new server over the summer.

Comment

Admin -

Kathy emailed back and indicated a willingness to investigate - good luck

Comment

I notice there is no link posted on Maple Site to this site yet. We don't know when touchline will suddenly be yanked from the Maple site, but for the occasional visitor it is a shame if MAPLE doesn't post a link. Does anyone know if there's any progress on this? It is clear that this new forum is a hit, and more posters are on now then in the last several months on Maple's touchline. (I also think that being able to post as a guest has a positive impact on free speech - :D ) As an aside, did anyone notice that the touchline police....I mean moderator....has been missing for months from touchline before the migration? And amazingly no-one go too out of line, or no more so that when he was around!

Comment

Actually he was present. I emailed him about a month ago when a new member had a suspicious website name associated - let's just say it was soxual (since this website doesn't allow sox). The new member and the associated website was gone by the next morning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X