Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Default Nepotism running rampant at the Revs Academy

Over the winter break, the Revs added only two players to the U13/14 team (and moved a few to the U15/16 team)

Guess who they were? They added the GM's son (Burns) and the Academy Director's son (Scales)

Shame Shame. So much for finding the best players. I happen to know how these two players play and they certainly are not at the same level as any of the other players.

http://academy.demosphere.com/teams/...5170/TEAM.html
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

I guess that whole theory that these things only happened at the town level with board members and their children goes out the window.

By the way it happens everywhere, it not a sport thing. At my work all the interns are related to higher ups . We were voted one of the top places to work ..I hate to be at a bad place to work.
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Nothing against the kids, but this move makes a mockery of the entire Revs Academy program. Burns and Scales go way back -- they played D1 soccer together at Hartwick about 20 years ago. Old buddies still scratching each others backs. What a joke.
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

I know nothing about the revs academy but these are some small additions. I'm not saying they can't play but I'm struck by their physical size (or lack of it).
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Over the winter break, the Revs added only two players to the U13/14 team (and moved a few to the U15/16 team)

Guess who they were? They added the GM's son (Burns) and the Academy Director's son (Scales)

Shame Shame. So much for finding the best players. I happen to know how these two players play and they certainly are not at the same level as any of the other players.

I don't know them but wouldn't be surprised. Did they have to go through pretend tryouts also? Did they even have supplemental tryouts at all to give other more deserving players a chance?
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Roster fillers who will never actually play???
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

As long as Kraft sees the money flowing in (RDS) he doesn't care. GH is just a stooge.
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Quote:

This isn't exactly a stop the presses moment. Take a look at the older teams. DA family and friends etc
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Quote:
As long as Kraft sees the money flowing in (RDS) he doesn't care. GH is just a stooge.
Just curious have these kids even played at a competitive level.. what club,which team, maple blue or top flight NEP? Have they played region one. They have all 1999 and two 2000. How can they justify a 2001.
Old 02-22-2014
Unregistered

Not saying it wasn't nepotism
but at least DA's kid was a decent player when he joined the academy