Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 05-29-2013
Unregistered

Default Rivers

Can't blame players going to Academy. They are taking the toughest road. To be admired. Being coached by a teacher is not the same as being coached by a pro.
Old 05-29-2013
Unregistered

Default Isl

It makes no diference. Always a way round the waiver system. Revs don't play in the fall - Bolts bring back players for the spring etc etc
Old 05-29-2013
Unregistered

Default Isl

Academy teams can add players in the spring, so who carees about the waivers.
Old 05-29-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can't blame players going to Academy. They are taking the toughest road. To be admired. Being coached by a teacher is not the same as being coached by a pro.
This is a bit over the top. Not all school coaches are just teachers that coach. There are a couple that could just as easily be coaching DAP teams. It may be only a couple, but its not fair to those coaches to lump them in with all the others.
Old 05-29-2013
Unregistered

Agreed. Lots of excellent coaches in the ISL who are great technicians and teachers of the game. Many have college and club soccer coaching backgrounds and most have advanced national licensees. The best coaches do more than coach soccer they help prepare young men for life after soccer. That is where the ISL coaches truly excel.

With Academy coaches I have found that the coaching quality varies a good deal. I like the coaches at the Revs more personally but think the Bolts have a better overall coaching staff. Unfortunately a number of the "better" academy coaches with strong track records are people I wouldn't my kid to play for. One the reasons why I chose the ISL route for my son.
Old 05-29-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Agreed. Lots of excellent coaches in the ISL who are great technicians and teachers of the game. Many have college and club soccer coaching backgrounds and most have advanced national licensees. The best coaches do more than coach soccer they help prepare young men for life after soccer. That is where the ISL coaches truly excel.

With Academy coaches I have found that the coaching quality varies a good deal. I like the coaches at the Revs more personally but think the Bolts have a better overall coaching staff. Unfortunately a number of the "better" academy coaches with strong track records are people I wouldn't my kid to play for. One the reasons why I chose the ISL route for my son.
I would take SS from Beaver over MK from Bolts any day of the week. And I say that in terms of both soccer and non soccer development.
Old 05-30-2013
Unregistered

Default Isl

You can certainly argue that ISL teacher/coaches prepare young men for life etc.....but no one has ever chosen ISL over Academy...it was chosen for them by the Academy coaches
Old 05-30-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
You can certainly argue that ISL teacher/coaches prepare young men for life etc.....but no one has ever chosen ISL over Academy...it was chosen for them by the Academy coaches
Agreed - can't wait for ISL season to get going but I no that ISL is not real soccer - sucks that I cant do both
Old 05-30-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
I would take SS from Beaver over MK from Bolts any day of the week. And I say that in terms of both soccer and non soccer development.
Is Beaver now in ISL?
Old 05-30-2013
Unregistered

Quote:

"most have advanced national licensees" really??? - name them!