Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Default Miramar Soccer

I hear Miramar will have a new soccer program headed by some people that are leaving West Pines. Is this true? If so, where can I find out more info? Do they have a web-site or anything? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Google Miramar Optimist

Worst soccer club ever.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

http://www.miramaroptimistclub.org/

They are too lazy to have a functional website. Place is a joke.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Google Miramar Optimist

Worst soccer club ever.
I know but isn't this suppossed to be a whole new club? If not then you're right. Miramar Optimist is terrible.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
I know but isn't this suppossed to be a whole new club? If not then you're right. Miramar Optimist is terrible.
I hope that it is a whole new club. But am afraid the politics of Miramar keep the Optimist in place. And they are a horribly run organization.

Everything in Miramar is horribly run, even the rec league is terribly run.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
I hope that it is a whole new club. But am afraid the politics of Miramar keep the Optimist in place. And they are a horribly run organization.

Yup, that's why I was also hoping that it was a new club.

I guess we'll wait and see
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

It will be an entirely new club. Website will be up soon.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Quote:

Bash! Great job dude. You have no idea about the Optimist Club, as you're swinging wildly at every other program within a 15 mile radius. Did you realize that they're involved in the Miracle League to serve disabled kids? They provide toys to underprivileged kids during the holidays via toy drives. They also support the county food banks with canned food drives at baseball games. Not to mention that they keep kids off the streets with organized leagues. Yeah, they're really a horribly run organization. What a true touchebag to even compare them. They are way out of your league, and the city council does listen to them. What a real low brow move to even bring them up like that.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

I like the last post. Whether rec or travel, sometimes a soccer club is actually just part of the community. How many clubs in South Florida are actually giving back to the community. Don't know much about Miramar which probably means they don't win a lot of games and I am sure their better kids flee as a result. At the same time, don't hear any parents on here complaining about them and sounds like they are doing good work on different levels. Not every clubneeds to have a win first mentality.
Old 05-07-2013
Unregistered

Default Optimist straight joke

Quote:
Bash! Great job dude. You have no idea about the Optimist Club, as you're swinging wildly at every other program within a 15 mile radius. Did you realize that they're involved in the Miracle League to serve disabled kids? They provide toys to underprivileged kids during the holidays via toy drives. They also support the county food banks with canned food drives at baseball games. Not to mention that they keep kids off the streets with organized leagues. Yeah, they're really a horribly run organization. What a true touchebag to even compare them. They are way out of your league, and the city council does listen to them. What a real low brow move to even bring them up like that.
Now this is definitely where I need to go to, to get my kid better. Keeping my kid off the street, now here is a real winners program. I also see how you mention the advancement of travel soccer is within this club in your post. I get it Optimist does community work, not your first stop for competitive soccer. Let's just look at the beauty of life and the plight of the butterflies together, hand in hand.

Good luck with the Optimist, Pines spin offs. City council listens to who, ain't no future in travel soccer with the Optimist. What a joke.