Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes they are. Most of the state teams on the girls side are ecnl players with some da players mixed in (even though they are technically not supposed to).
    ^^^ agreed. Surprised the da players don’t get exposed for breaking the rules.

Comment

It is confusing what year this is for. Says 18-19. That sounds like past year.

They currently have open registration for "ODP Trials" starting August through Oct. Is this where anybody new can sign up and try out? This phase seems to lead to "Pool Training" starting late Oct.

http://www.fysa.com/odp/player-registration/

Comment

It is confusing what year this is for. Says 18-19. That sounds like past year.

They currently have open registration for "ODP Trials" starting August through Oct. Is this where anybody new can sign up and try out? This phase seems to lead to "Pool Training" starting late Oct.

http://www.fysa.com/odp/player-registration/
        ODP trials is what you want to register for if new to ODP. If selected at open trials, you will move to the next phase of tryouts which is the pool training.

Comment

Why do you need to have over 40 or 50 players in a pool. I mean did they pic everyone in the state not playing DA or ENCL?
          No one who plays Da can do odp and most ecnl players just choose not to

Comment

I see 3 kids whose names I know- 1 is a mercenary who moves from ecnl to da and back at a whim. She's good, but doubt she wastes her time on ODP considering she's got an offer already (03). The other 2 are defenders and are big and strong but have 0 footskills. That fits the m.o. for ODP selections though. And before you bash me, mine quit the ODP thing 2 years ago because it's a s**t show, and yes, she was on the State team but saw it for what is was worth to her: 0.

Comment

I see 3 kids whose names I know- 1 is a mercenary who moves from ecnl to da and back at a whim. She's good, but doubt she wastes her time on ODP considering she's got an offer already (03). The other 2 are defenders and are big and strong but have 0 footskills. That fits the m.o. for ODP selections though. And before you bash me, mine quit the ODP thing 2 years ago because it's a s**t show, and yes, she was on the State team but saw it for what is was worth to her: 0.
              At at 04 and 05 age groups, you couldn’t be more wrong. There are a lot of ecnl players (not sure how many but there are a lot) and a few da players (not too many but more than a couple).

Comment

It's always been this way. When my daughter was selected to regional pool three years ago the backs were the biggest 13 year old girls Ive ever seen. Had concrete feet but they were tall. Wonder what bench they are riding now at 16???

Comment

ODP South Pool

https://www.ncsoccer.org/page/show/3...ool-selections

Comment

Odp

wrong state

ODP SOUTH not listed yet

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/south/odp-south/

Comment

And DA and ECNL kids are not participating. Who effing cares????
                      ECNL kids are

Comment

Most of the better DA or ECNL players are not wasting their time with this, so no they aren't.
                        DA players can't participate. ECNL can but by U15 most have dropped out because ECNL gives them better exposure, training and competition.

Comment

At at 04 and 05 age groups, you couldn’t be more wrong. There are a lot of ecnl players (not sure how many but there are a lot) and a few da players (not too many but more than a couple).
                          Most won't be doing it next year. They're at the primary age when players in the better leagues drop out.

Comment

ECNL kids are
                            Average players from weaker ECNL clubs that don't make playoffs do ODP.

Comment

Average players from weaker ECNL clubs that don't make playoffs do ODP.
                              Truth.

Comment

Truth.
                                Uh you are wrong. Check the rosters for the 04 and 05 groups. The best ecnl players in the state are in odp.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X