•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The dirt on college coaches

Originally posted by Guest
    Very weak Div. 1 programs but cannot beat the academics.

Isn't the HC coach a Fuller coach as well? Might say something about the style of soccer played.
    I've seen them play and wouldn't consider them playing Hamlet style soccer, but I have also seen their summer camp and thought what they did at week's end- have the entire camp watch a few kids play the camp championship - typical of a Hamlet.

Comment

The coach uses one style of play for their college team and a different style for the Hamlets? Interesting approach.

Comment

This past fall was a disasterous season for the women.

Soccer facilities are pretty nice.

Men's coach had been quoted a couple years ago that they were built in hopes of attracting better talent.

All athletic programs up on Mount St. James are but a shadow of the past.

Comment

The coach uses one style of play for their college team and a different style for the Hamlets? Interesting approach.
          Could be she can't break the club team of habits developed at U10, but she does have several players on the college team who have played for the Hamlets, so I can't say that she might be attracted to another type of player when putting her college team together.

Comment

Isn't the HC coach a Fuller coach as well? Might say something about the style of soccer played.
            You are correct. Former HS All-American at Sutton High and 4 year varsity player at U Mihcigan. Tough to get players to go there. Hard school to get into and not a "sexy" school for your top players to attend.
            Assistant coach coaches for Puma.

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

You are comparing her maple teams the last few years of U16 & U17 to div. 1 college soccer. You have to be kiding me. If you want to continue to bash the hamlets go to the other thread. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

Men's coach had been quoted a couple years ago that they were built in hopes of attracting better talent.

How many good athletic programs are at Holy Cross? Some people on this fourm need a dose of reality.

Comment

It's hard to entice kids to go to HC with no women's soccer scholarships and limited academic scholarships. In fact very few Patriot League schools offer athletic money for women's soccer. I think Colgate and Lehigh are the only ones.

Comment

How many good athletic programs are at Holy Cross? Some people on this fourm need a dose of reality.
                      Women's basketball was pretty good, but they seem to have gone belly up.

Comment

How about Wheaton's women's program and their coach? What I know is that they have been in the past consider one of the top DIII schools in the country, although I don't see them being quite as successful in recent years. I also have been told the school is academically a great place to go. Academics come first, but a good experience, win or lose, is important on the soccer side for me.

Comment

Wheaton is a great school and Luis the coach is a great coach and person.

Comment

So many in this forum are interested in the recruiting process and in one of the other threads someone stated that 90% will stay close to home. So what's the dirt on coaching close to home? Some in this forum have said stay away from St Rose's women's coach. Any others? Who are the good ones?
                            Could someone please elaborate on this. St Rose has been in contact with my daughter and we are considering a visit. Please give specifics so we can judge whether the point of view is sour grapes or this is a coach to avoid.

Comment

Please Please Please...This is not sour grapes. Stay away. Some items were stated in other threads. I know the situation as a central ma. girl last year was treated so horribly. I also understand that pending legal action is being taken.

Comment

Please Please Please...This is not sour grapes. Stay away. Some items were stated in other threads. I know the situation as a central ma. girl last year was treated so horribly. I also understand that pending legal action is being taken.
                                You are being pretty vague here. Please point me to those threads. I have no wish to put my daughter through a meat grinder but its a little bit of a stretch to expect that just because one kid may have had a bad experience she should put the place on the to be avoided list. Lots of kids get their dreams destroyed when they go to the next level. There can be a lot of reasons and not all of them are the coaches fault. Is the coach a liar? Do they put kids at risk physically? Please be a little more concrete.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X