Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fcbescola florida

So there 2004 boys blue team played in the Sting Cup D1 and here were the results:

1. Versus Key Biscayne 1-6;
    2. Versus Breakers 2-5; and
    3. Versus Kendall Reserve 1-4.

So while they can compete and beat DII and DII teams, didn't fare very well playing against some average DI teams. Wonder why that is? Anyone care to provide an opinion?

Because they have one or two good players and it takes 11?

Comment

Starting there own leagues with other international sponsor clubs look to be a 6 teams in most all age groups. Looks interesting AS Roma is adding one in north Broward !

Comment

All the talent left that program after the first year or two. Never be my re than glorified rec.

Comment

In this thread- People rip a club for their results on the field

Go find a thread on what's wrong with US Soccer- Over emphasis on results on the field is always one of the first mentions.

I haven't seen any of these kids play at FCB, and I guess looking for reason on talking soccer is asking a lot, but it kills me how quickly people contradict themselves. Of course, I ask people in person all the time "How are things at xyz club?". The response is always about the wins or losses. It is extremely rare someone talks about the training and development. And I'm talking 10-14 yr old kids.

If FCB is training and playing the Barcelona way, they have no chance against a big club with big athletes that are going to play kickball against them at younger ages.

Comment

If you have talented kids with a good and proven system, the results speak for themselves. Their U10 blue team won the Sting Cup, the Weston Cup, the Dimitri Cup, and a couple of friendlies. They are undefeated since the beginning of the year. What's the difference with other Escola teams that haven't done as well? Talented kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              If you have talented kids with a good and proven system, the results speak for themselves. Their U10 blue team won the Sting Cup, the Weston Cup, the Dimitri Cup, and a couple of friendlies. They are undefeated since the beginning of the year. What's the difference with other Escola teams that haven't done as well? Talented kids.
              Talented 9 year olds!

Comment

Talented 9 year olds!
                Yes indeed 😁😁😁

Comment

Go find a thread on what's wrong with US Soccer- Over emphasis on results on the field is always one of the first mentions.

I haven't seen any of these kids play at FCB, and I guess looking for reason on talking soccer is asking a lot, but it kills me how quickly people contradict themselves. Of course, I ask people in person all the time "How are things at xyz club?". The response is always about the wins or losses. It is extremely rare someone talks about the training and development. And I'm talking 10-14 yr old kids.

If FCB is training and playing the Barcelona way, they have no chance against a big club with big athletes that are going to play kickball against them at younger ages.
                  I kind if agree and disagree with your post. I do think results-oriented thinking gets parents and coaches in places they should not be if long term you want a skilled, smart soccer player.

However, I don't think your last statement is correct. The FCB way is a system that can win at any level. The reason it does not with escola is that the kids are not good enough. Most escola teams I have seen have very average to below average talent and athleticism that is well trained in possession oriented soccer. But remember this is a competitive, difficult sport. Even if a kid KNOWS where he needs to play the ball, when the pressure is coming from an athletic, strong kid, he may not be able to execute. FCB in spain gets top talents, charges them $0 and then teaches them the FCB way. Totally different model.

Comment

They won these tournaments playing 2nd division. they haven't beaten any of the division 1 teams.

Comment

You understand that at FCB they have historically had very big athletes? The had a couple of smaller midfielders that are/were absurdly technical and smart. But don't think for a moment that they don't need or use big, athletic players.

The FCB system should absolutely destroy a kickball approach as long as you there is not a gap in athleticism and talent.

Comment

I kind if agree and disagree with your post. I do think results-oriented thinking gets parents and coaches in places they should not be if long term you want a skilled, smart soccer player.

However, I don't think your last statement is correct. The FCB way is a system that can win at any level. The reason it does not with escola is that the kids are not good enough. Most escola teams I have seen have very average to below average talent and athleticism that is well trained in possession oriented soccer. But remember this is a competitive, difficult sport. Even if a kid KNOWS where he needs to play the ball, when the pressure is coming from an athletic, strong kid, he may not be able to execute. FCB in spain gets top talents, charges them $0 and then teaches them the FCB way. Totally different model.
                        I agree with this poster in that wins and losses should not be the sole measuring stick in determining whether a team is good or not but also agree that with the way some people were talking about the program on TS, you would have thought the team would have run circles around the other teams. And in fact, the the three teams that did beat FBCEscoela did not play kick ball, but did play more physical. So while "development" is the goal, the only way to measure that is playing D1 teams (not DII or DIII as this Club tends to do).

Comment

You understand that at FCB they have historically had very big athletes? The had a couple of smaller midfielders that are/were absurdly technical and smart. But don't think for a moment that they don't need or use big, athletic players.

The FCB system should absolutely destroy a kickball approach as long as you there is not a gap in athleticism and talent.
                          I'm just saying you shouldn't be arguing by results alone. The FCB kids could be very talented, but small and less athletic. We shouldn't be worried about UBER athletes at 10 anyways. Wait until after puberty, but that's a whole other issue. If they are taking any kids and getting them to play smart, technical soccer, good on them. They could be doing the best job in all of Florida and lose to every D1 team in the state. Maybe they have all D3 level athletes and they have them playing D2 level due to the training?

Again, I have zero knowledge of the actual situation, just a pet peeve of mine about results being the sole judge.

Comment

They won these tournaments playing 2nd division. they haven't beaten any of the division 1 teams.
                            Too bad it's the end of the season already. I'd like to see this team playing D1 regularly (Sting Cup was Gold). If any D1 teams out there would like to play in a perfect field and test next year's U11 Blue team, please call their technical director to setup a friendly. I'm sure they would accommodate.

Comment

Too bad it's the end of the season already. I'd like to see this team playing D1 regularly (Sting Cup was Gold). If any D1 teams out there would like to play in a perfect field and test next year's U11 Blue team, please call their technical director to setup a friendly. I'm sure they would accommodate.
                              In the FCBescola ages are mixed. So when you see them playing in tournaments, you see smaller kids but those kids are in reality one year and sometimes two years younger than the teams they are competing against. This is not just one kid playing up, its about 5 or more kids... so you really cant compare. It is not the same philosophy at all. There are a lot of very young kids mixed in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X