Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Coaches...do your job

Develop your players. Too many coaches nowadays seeking those wins to feed their ego. They search around other teams tapping up their ‘best players’ looking for all the success without putting in some hard work.

If you’re one of these coaches that try and win at all costs then I’ve got news for you – YOU ARE THE ONES THAT AREN’T GOOD ENOUGH. Put the fun into learning and make sessions enjoyable.

Don’t leave that kid on the sidelines, playing 2 or 3 minutes a match, draining any confidence he had left from him.

As coaches, it’s our job to develop these players through fun, enjoyment but most of all involvement.

Believe in your players but above all……DO YOUR JOB.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Develop your players. Too many coaches nowadays seeking those wins to feed their ego. They search around other teams tapping up their ‘best players’ looking for all the success without putting in some hard work.

If you’re one of these coaches that try and win at all costs then I’ve got news for you – YOU ARE THE ONES THAT AREN’T GOOD ENOUGH. Put the fun into learning and make sessions enjoyable.

Don’t leave that kid on the sidelines, playing 2 or 3 minutes a match, draining any confidence he had left from him.

As coaches, it’s our job to develop these players through fun, enjoyment but most of all involvement.

The problem comes when kids are taught to win before they've learned to play.

Comment

I couldn't disagree with you more. I have won 4 indoor trophies and 2 outdoor championships the last 2 years with my U12 boys. We cut bait with the weak players at the end of our bench after every season. Next year we are going to the big game, 11 v 11. My best 11 vs your losers, we are going to take it all. If one of my players complains about the heat, no water for you! Step to the side, the U13 Road warriors are going to come out to play!!!

The job is done! You hate us, because you ain't us!

Comment

Clubs can preach development all they want. The wins are what bring prospective players in.
        Parent's seek guidance from GS points and records when checking out a club.

Comment

Clubs can preach development all they want. The wins are what bring prospective players in.
          Seriously? Because, I've asked around in the past and none of the parents had even heard of GS. Anybody making a decision on which club to choose based on GS is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Comment

Seriously? Because, I've asked around in the past and none of the parents had even heard of GS. Anybody making a decision on which club to choose based on GS is an idiot. Plain and simple.
            Maybe so, but the sidelines are filled with idiots if you haven't noticed.

Comment

Maybe so, but the sidelines are filled with idiots if you haven't noticed.
              Touche`

Comment

Even if the parents don't know anything about GS, kids learn pretty quickly that there are state (and even national) rankings and where their team stands.

And wins definitely garner attention, even if parents don't know about GS. Twice my son's team has won a state championship and then suddenly their were new a bunch of new faces at practice/tryouts. I am sure that winning a big local tournament or state cup brings in the recruits.

But I completely agree with the OP that coaches who let kids languish for 95% of a game on the sideline are a big part of what is wrong with youth soccer.

Comment

Even if the parents don't know anything about GS, kids learn pretty quickly that there are state (and even national) rankings and where their team stands.

And wins definitely garner attention, even if parents don't know about GS. Twice my son's team has won a state championship and then suddenly their were new a bunch of new faces at practice/tryouts. I am sure that winning a big local tournament or state cup brings in the recruits.

But I completely agree with the OP that coaches who let kids languish for 95% of a game on the sideline are a big part of what is wrong with youth soccer.
                  Team in our state, plays in MAPLE, has won like 95% of their games. Can't keep the team together, any quality player leaves.

Comment

Why do GPS, Stars and NEFC tout their winning ways by citing how many national championships they've won? You can quickly check GS to garner insight on a team to figure if they are competitive or not.

Pretty sure if a team is consistently losing big then they have either been placed in the wrong division or there isn't much development going on. As a consumer, I'd tend to steer clear of such teams and coaches.

Comment

Why do GPS, Stars and NEFC tout their winning ways by citing how many national championships they've won? You can quickly check GS to garner insight on a team to figure if they are competitive or not.

Pretty sure if a team is consistently losing big then they have either been placed in the wrong division or there isn't much development going on. As a consumer, I'd tend to steer clear of such teams and coaches.
                      National Championships are one thing, to show a winning culture at the older ages...where it matters.

Making claims that people decide where to drop several thousand dollars a year and where to put their children's soccer development based on GS points are totally different.

GS means absolutely nothing. If you truly believe otherwise, I feel for you.

Comment

National Championships are one thing, to show a winning culture at the older ages...where it matters.

Making claims that people decide where to drop several thousand dollars a year and where to put their children's soccer development based on GS points are totally different.

GS means absolutely nothing. If you truly believe otherwise, I feel for you.
                        You see clubs chasing GS points all the time by placing far superior teams in lower divisions for the wins (GPS intramural tournaments!!) . If you don't think that is done for a reason then you are delusional. I know GS points are a sham, but I do hear many parents on the sidelines bragging about their kid's team rank.

Comment

Parents...DO YOUR JOB.
                          And take your non-athletic kids to a different sport.
                          THEY ARE THE ONES NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Comment

Better yet, don't select them for your roster. Do your job.

Parents...DO YOUR JOB.
                            And take your non-athletic kids to a different sport.
                            THEY ARE THE ONES NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Comment

Anybody using an apostrophe to form a plural is an idiot. Plain and simple.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X