Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How long will Stars be able to keep DA? Doesn't make sense to have a DA team, when you allow your best players to play ECNL. This is the problem with having both ECNL and DA.
    Many of those strong ECNL players and teams will tire of playing in a weaker ECNL league. If they are paying top dollar, they will want strong competition. It is a lot of time and money and travel to be playing in a weakened league.

Comment

05s would be playing up in GDA since that starts at 04. ECNL has a dedicated 05 (U13) league next year. Northeast Girls pre-ECNL is now ECNL at U13 and available nationally.

How about for the actual 04s and 03s playing on age?
      The Breakers Academy teams will all be announced Friday night if you want to go see a great pro game and judge the strength of these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        The Breakers Academy teams will all be announced Friday night if you want to go see a great pro game and judge the strength of these teams.
        Is this post for real? Very odd.

Comment

why, because it's so much easier to judge the strength of these teams on an anonymous board?

Comment

My daughter is very excited to be signing for the Breakers Academy and meeting the pro players on Friday night. It will be a great experience for her and the beginning of the next level for US girls soccer. I am so happy she will be right there on day one.

Comment

Many of those strong ECNL players and teams will tire of playing in a weaker ECNL league. If they are paying top dollar, they will want strong competition. It is a lot of time and money and travel to be playing in a weakened league.
              Question how do you know DA is the strongest league. There is a split wouldn't that mean both leagues could be weak? Also what's the price break down for DA compared to ECNL?

Comment

Question how do you know DA is the strongest league. There is a split wouldn't that mean both leagues could be weak? Also what's the price break down for DA compared to ECNL?
                I think they both are pricey with expensive travel. Only some customers can tolerate paying a lot for so so competition at training and at games. One will be A and one will be B. I don't know how many can tolerate paying top dollar for the B league.

IMO , the C league might eventually strengthen as a more reasonable alternative to players not in the A league. But who knows, competitive youth soccer is out of hand.

Comment

US Soccer holds all the cards and will make sure DA is the A league. ECNL will fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    US Soccer holds all the cards and will make sure DA is the A league. ECNL will fade away.
                    We have been with NEFC for a long time, but what makes people think that Stars won't pivot when it does or that it will be good to have one club in MA for girls? My daughter is in a good place with DAP but I for one want there to be some real competition and options and am not hoping for her friends to fail. You can call me sanctimonious but I can't stand when our club gets criticized because of the posters here. Options are usually good.

Comment

In the end who cares? I'm pretty sure that the teams in the separate leagues will not play each other. So no one can say what team is the best. Also people are talking about compition who knows how the other DA programs around New England are making out with getting top players. I think it all comes down to the indivdual players. If a player want to fully commit to soccer when they are 14 and give up all other sports DA is the way to go. If a player is talented in a few sports ECNL could be the best option with less commitment.

Comment

No it won't - it just changes to a strong B league. DA isn't big enough, won't ever be big enough, to fill college roster spots. Coaches won't exclusively ship one league, and even if they did it would only be the top programs doing so. ECNL will remain a viable option for many players, boys and girls

Comment

No it won't - it just changes to a strong B league. DA isn't big enough, won't ever be big enough, to fill college roster spots. Coaches won't exclusively ship one league, and even if they did it would only be the top programs doing so. ECNL will remain a viable option for many players, boys and girls
                          You really think people will do all that travel for a B league? Keep dreaming.

Comment

Yup! They do now. It's called Northeast NPL.

Comment

Yes they will. They already do. They do for NPL also (which is currently the B league). The only change I see is ECNL shifting to more regionally based showcases - that way programs and players are more closely aligned in terms of geographic interest. Why have a MA player and a CT coach go all the way to CA to see each other?

Comment

Yes they will. They already do. They do for NPL also (which is currently the B league). The only change I see is ECNL shifting to more regionally based showcases - that way programs and players are more closely aligned in terms of geographic interest. Why have a MA player and a CT coach go all the way to CA to see each other?
                                Sounds fun, and you can play with your high school buddies too!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X