• Show
Clear All

Western United Pioneers partnership with FSA FC from Connecticut

is this official or just a rumor ????

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    is this official or just a rumor ????
    http://fsafcunited.com/News.asp?org=...TED.COM#434619

Comment

Why WUP is doing this ? are they in financial trouble?

Comment

Why WUP is doing this ? are they in financial trouble?
        Read the article

Comment

Helps give WUP the illusion they have a path for the elite player. They probably were already losing some to FSA anyway and I think FSA is getting boys ECNL as well. Moving forward clubs needs competitive badges to attract talent, DA, ECNL, NPL....anything lower it's going to be tough to keep anyone past ulittles

Comment

Yes it makes sense, FSAFC will play ECNL boys next season, this partnership will benefit kids from our area that wants to play in that league, I would think kids quality players from WUP will get preferential treatment with this partnership.

Comment

I highly doubt that. They will take the best kids. Kids they know will have an edge.

Comment

Tryouts are next week, I know a few kids from the area will go to FSA tryouts , my only hope is to find a greener grass at the other side...l

Comment

WUP tryouts next week for older kids, I wonder if any of our kids will have the chance to compete for a spot in the ECNL teams in FSA ?

Comment

WUP tryouts next week for older kids, I wonder if any of our kids will have the chance to compete for a spot in the ECNL teams in FSA ?
                    ECNL tryouts were over a few weeks ago. Those teams are locked and loaded

Comment

Guess the club forgot to tell parents when tryouts were. FSA partnership was just a tease to convince players to stay. It happened to us with the short lived partnership WUP had with Scorps for ECNL. My child walked from WUP and went central mass. Much better options for those who are serious about playing.

You'd be better off looking at GPS if your kid just wants to play without the club drama. Player development I'd suggest the same thing, go GPS or central mass. I'd run from WUP and give NEFC a year to two to see if they have the ability to put together a decent club.

Comment

Guess the club forgot to tell parents when tryouts were. FSA partnership was just a tease to convince players to stay. It happened to us with the short lived partnership WUP had with Scorps for ECNL. My child walked from WUP and went central mass. Much better options for those who are serious about playing.

You'd be better off looking at GPS if your kid just wants to play without the club drama. Player development I'd suggest the same thing, go GPS or central mass. I'd run from WUP and give NEFC a year to two to see if they have the ability to put together a decent club.
                        Yes, that FSA / WUP thing is Fake! Not like the GPS/ Bayern Munich partnership. I am joining GPS and my son will be in the Bundeliga! I am off to buy and Audi or BMW.... Oh wait, I can't afford one now just wrote my check to GPS for $2,400

Comment

Yes, that FSA / WUP thing is Fake! Not like the GPS/ Bayern Munich partnership. I am joining GPS and my son will be in the Bundeliga! I am off to buy and Audi or BMW.... Oh wait, I can't afford one now just wrote my check to GPS for $2,400
                          I don't see GPS starting new teams or scrambling to keep teams by advertising a Bayern partnership. Sure, the partnership exists on the jersey but it isn't their priority or focus. I suggested GPS because right now it is small and, in run properly, it could be successful in the West. It is still isolated from any political WUP/Ludlow drama. Some players will develop and move on, some won't. I think that GPS is the best choice for those players in that region. It is still a fresh program. NEFC West started right out of the gate with a black cloud, literally.

Try GPS, try NEFC, see which program fits best. If neither, and you have the time, go look out in central mass. Central MA (1st choice) has more options for serious players. Unfortunately, not all families or players have the ability to travel that far, which leaves GPS a decent 2nd choice. I'd take another look at NEFC West only after a year or two. If they attract more coaches from outside this area, they may become something good. I'm not advocating exclusively for Central MA, but we can do better than what we've been given.

I'm still holding out hope that one club will stand out and put all of western mass's talent onto one good team per age group. There are enough high level players to make up a competitive team. There are not enough players to split between all of the large and small clubs. Ok, I'm more likely to catch a unicorn but one can wish, right?

Comment

The chaos in western mass is doing such a disservice to the players. Why doesn't anyone see it? They players are the ones ultimately suffering. We left the western Massachusetts BS and have been very happy with the experience we got elsewhere. No looking back.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2064379]I don't see GPS starting new teams or scrambling to keep teams by advertising a Bayern partnership. Sure, the partnership exists on the jersey but it isn't their priority or focus. I suggested GPS because right now it is small and, in run properly, it could be successful in the West. It is still isolated from any political WUP/Ludlow drama. Some players will develop and move on, some won't. I think that GPS is the best choice for those players in that region. It is still a fresh program. NEFC West started right out of the gate with a black cloud, literally.

Try GPS, try NEFC, see which program fits best. If neither, and you have the time, go look out in central mass. Central MA (1st choice) has more options for serious players. Unfortunately, not all families or players have the ability to travel that far, which leaves GPS a decent 2nd choice. I'd take another look at NEFC West only after a year or two. If they attract more coaches from outside this area, they may become something good. I'm not advocating exclusively for Central MA, but we can do better than what we've been given.

I'm still holding out hope that one club will stand out and put all of western mass's talent onto one good team per age group. There are enough high level players to make up a competitive team. There are not enough players to split between all of the large and small clubs. Ok, I'm more likely to catch a unicorn but one can wish, right?[/QUOT

Thanks PD. Great comments on GPS West. Sorry WUP fired you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X