Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would say give Synergy some serious thought. America FC will stay with Maple/NSL while Synergy will be moving to the NEP this fall. Sad to say the Maple teams seem to be dwidnling every season. Your daughter may not get any competition superior to what she experiences now in rec soccer.
    I've had 4 kids in club (one still in. Older kids playing in college). Early on, Maple was the league and then the other leagues came in. I was a big supporter of maple, but unfortunately I had to move my younger to a new club because his old club wouldn't go to NEP or NPL. I'ts really unfortunate, but the quality of play has gone down dramatically over the past 4 or 5 years. The best you will get is one or maybe 2 really good teams at each age and that's it.

Comment

OP here, last two replies very interesting! & since I'm new to scene I am also quite unaware of the difference in competition level. Yes very interesting points! In reality we are leaning more towards Synergy, again, just not sure if there will be enough girls @U11 to field a team

Comment

OP here, last two replies very interesting! & since I'm new to scene I am also quite unaware of the difference in competition level. Yes very interesting points! In reality we are leaning more towards Synergy, again, just not sure if there will be enough girls @U11 to field a team
        If you are in Quincy why not do SSS or FCB.
        I know the b answer is "sheep" and cost. But you will just end up switching next year anyway

Comment

I would say give Synergy some serious thought. America FC will stay with Maple/NSL while Synergy will be moving to the NEP this fall. Sad to say the Maple teams seem to be dwidnling every season. Your daughter may not get any competition superior to what she experiences now in rec soccer.
          This last Sunday's game resulted as u17 AFC girls 6 Synergy 2.
          GPS is overpriced.

Comment

Synergy is holding on to their lower costs & many extras are included...not going down GPS price road yet. Apparently a "partnership"

Comment

This last Sunday's game resulted as u17 AFC girls 6 Synergy 2.
              GPS is overpriced.
              Only for those that can't afford it.
              Youth sports are over priced. #GPSenvy

Comment

I Have a boy, so I can't speak to the girls side.

Regarding competition: my son has played on an NEP team and a Maple/NSL team. Top 2 brackets of NSL are competitive and his team regularly beats upper level NEP teams in tournaments. So don't let people tell you that Maple/NSL is not competitive.

At U11 it's best to find a club/coach that offers fun/growth/development. Be careful about getting sucked into the rat race of club soccer. I know too many people angling to get their kid on the top team of a big club as soon as possible. These kids get 5 min of play time and the coaches coach to win at the higher levels.

We'll likely end up back at a big club once he's gone through puberty and has outgrown his current club. But this Maple club has developed him more in 1 year than 2 years at a bigger NEP club.

It's about finding the right fit for your kid. Both leagues have competitive teams in tbe upper bravkets.

Comment

FCUSA is close in canton and much better than either America fc or synergy. Or head south to sss. Either will have better training.

Comment

OP...we have been sampling SSS but our fear is as newcomers to club that it may be more than we are willing to invest just yet. Most likely same w/fcusa? It's my girl's 1st try @club & we're thinking we may want to start out slower & focus more on development than wins. That's why leaning more towards Synergy or America FC

Comment

I Have a boy, so I can't speak to the girls side.

Regarding competition: my son has played on an NEP team and a Maple/NSL team. Top 2 brackets of NSL are competitive and his team regularly beats upper level NEP teams in tournaments. So don't let people tell you that Maple/NSL is not competitive.

At U11 it's best to find a club/coach that offers fun/growth/development. Be careful about getting sucked into the rat race of club soccer. I know too many people angling to get their kid on the top team of a big club as soon as possible. These kids get 5 min of play time and the coaches coach to win at the higher levels.

We'll likely end up back at a big club once he's gone through puberty and has outgrown his current club. But this Maple club has developed him more in 1 year than 2 years at a bigger NEP club.

It's about finding the right fit for your kid. Both leagues have competitive teams in tbe upper bravkets.

Believe whatever you want, but Maple is no longer competitive past U11. It used to be, but all of the leagues have become watered down and Maple has taken the brunt of this.

Comment

Believe whatever you want, but Maple is no longer competitive past U11. It used to be, but all of the leagues have become watered down and Maple has taken the brunt of this.
                        Not sure "League" defines what is "competitive" for most of us. If my kid goes out and plays well and works hard and contributes in a 2-0 Maple game that works for me. If you are telling me that is not "competitive" because if her team goes and plays a team in another league they would lose 6-0, we've got profoundly different expectations.

As the great Sturgill Simpson sings "Don't let them try and up-sell you/There's a reason they make chocolate AND vanilla too."

Comment

Not sure "League" defines what is "competitive" for most of us. If my kid goes out and plays well and works hard and contributes in a 2-0 Maple game that works for me. If you are telling me that is not "competitive" because if her team goes and plays a team in another league they would lose 6-0, we've got profoundly different expectations.

As the great Sturgill Simpson sings "Don't let them try and up-sell you/There's a reason they make chocolate AND vanilla too."
                          Your commentary about the scores is more telling than you realize.

Scores shouldn't matter. What matters at a younger age is that the games are competitive. That players are playing with, and against, the highest abilities they can. If that's MAPLE, fine. If that's NPL, that's fine too.

Comment

OP...we have been sampling SSS but our fear is as newcomers to club that it may be more than we are willing to invest just yet. Most likely same w/fcusa? It's my girl's 1st try @club & we're thinking we may want to start out slower & focus more on development than wins. That's why leaning more towards Synergy or America FC
                            What makes you think synergy and afc are focused on development? I could be wron but most clubs that say they are about development say that because they aren't good enough to win. I guess you could compare what club has developed the best players. Not sure afc fits that. Also the overall talent is not here to push kids to be better. Not just speaking about afc but if a club only has one or two good players they are going to be held back by the rest of the team.

Comment

I recommend spending time with each and decide for yourself.
                              Connect with a coach that actually cares and enjoy the journey.

Comment

If you're concerned with development afc shouldn't even be on your radar. We've actually had kids at all the clubs mentioned at one point and Fcusa and sss are in a different class than those small clubs. The training is a ton better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X