Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok....we all now what is happening and will happen. NEP will become the "old maple" just bigger and more watered down. With the NSL going to US club soccer, it's really just a branch of NEP now , part of the same playoff system, etc. They just call it something different and eventually it will be one big entity and then the big boys will peel off once again to form something more "exclusive" and charge even more money. This whole cycle will just keep happening over and over. At the least the "old maple" was filled with clubs that didnt have twenty teams per age group and a bunch of crappy coaches. This will go on until parents come to their senses that they are giving their money away to greedy club owners and junior isn't really going to play division 1 or get on the national team. If they just love to play, have them play for the crappy coach on the town team and have fun with their friends at one tenth the costs. I told my son he could play for his club team as long as he was having fun and working to get better, but he essentially told me this year that he wanted to just play for his high school and with his friends and that when he went to college , it would be to focus on getting a degree. He knew he wasn't an "elite" player that was going to get a scholarship and he wanted to try other things before he went to high school and during high school. No argument from me....I feel like the ball and chain has been removed. I certainly wish those with kids that have great potential with the game all the best but I am glad to now see it in my rear view mirror.

Good for you. But yet you're still here on TS commenting on club soccer. You must really love the ball and chain. Strange.

Comment

And we're here to hopefully get some better coaching than what we are presently offered at our town level. No college sight, just fun factor.

Comment

And we're here to hopefully get some better coaching than what we are presently offered at our town level. No college sight, just fun factor.
        The way I see it, the good coaches you had 10-15 years ago where usually the parent of a the star player on the town team. Fast forward to the past 5 years and those parents are now coaching club soccer, with the other half of the coaches being from the British invasion. So if the good players and their parent coaches are going to soccer clubs, what's left behind for town soccer programs is a smaller supply of good coaches.

Comment

Good for you. But yet you're still here on TS commenting on club soccer. You must really love the ball and chain. Strange.
          are you kidding me ?...why would I give this up ?...way too much f'd up stuff to miss...i can get all the dysfunction of today's society in one single place. And it will be fun to see the "BTNT" and "BTDT" people and the people who think other people are these people even when they are not stuff. This is much better entertainment than watching a bad movie or TV. Real human suffering on this place. I won't come on too often anymore but definitely around tryout season and during the high school season when all those crazy people come out. I just make some popcorn and breathe it in...signed, Ball and Chain Guy

Comment

And the key word there is "hopefully"...but unfortunately with the proliferation of clubs and teams, the few good ones are now hard to find and few and far between. One thing I have come to realize is that any bozo with a minimum IQ can get an E or D license, and if you are willing to put in the time you can get an even higher one. But it doesn't mean you have a good coach. It just means that the clubs can market themselves as having "highly trained" coaches. I have my E and D too because it is mandated by the town league where I used to coach , but just because I do it doesn't make me a great soccer coach. Too many knuckleheads today.

Comment

are you kidding me ?...why would I give this up ?...way too much f'd up stuff to miss...i can get all the dysfunction of today's society in one single place. And it will be fun to see the "BTNT" and "BTDT" people and the people who think other people are these people even when they are not stuff. This is much better entertainment than watching a bad movie or TV. Real human suffering on this place. I won't come on too often anymore but definitely around tryout season and during the high school season when all those crazy people come out. I just make some popcorn and breathe it in...signed, Ball and Chain Guy
              Sounds like you and I could kick back with a few beers. It's cheap entertainment and anyone can say virtually anything and get everyone ruffled.

Comment

The lap tops are for immediate access to the parents bank account. We are losing so many players it's the only way......

Comment

Ok....we all now what is happening and will happen. NEP will become the "old maple" just bigger and more watered down. With the NSL going to US club soccer, it's really just a branch of NEP now , part of the same playoff system, etc. They just call it something different and eventually it will be one big entity and then the big boys will peel off once again to form something more "exclusive" and charge even more money. This whole cycle will just keep happening over and over. At the least the "old maple" was filled with clubs that didnt have twenty teams per age group and a bunch of crappy coaches. This will go on until parents come to their senses that they are giving their money away to greedy club owners and junior isn't really going to play division 1 or get on the national team. If they just love to play, have them play for the crappy coach on the town team and have fun with their friends at one tenth the costs. I told my son he could play for his club team as long as he was having fun and working to get better, but he essentially told me this year that he wanted to just play for his high school and with his friends and that when he went to college , it would be to focus on getting a degree. He knew he wasn't an "elite" player that was going to get a scholarship and he wanted to try other things before he went to high school and during high school. No argument from me....I feel like the ball and chain has been removed. I certainly wish those with kids that have great potential with the game all the best but I am glad to now see it in my rear view mirror.
                  Excellent post!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X