New mandate from US Soccer - all GDA and DA is free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They provide free DA at boys MLS DA clubs and OC is moving towards funding girls DA.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They provide free DA at boys MLS DA clubs and OC is moving towards funding girls DA.
      Yet 2/3s of BDA is with pay to play clubs, with generally a large divide between the quality of MLS vs non MLS clubs. There are only a handful of GDA clubs that will be free, a few token scholarships here and there. Soccer, especially girls soccer, will remain a largely middle to upper income sport in this country for a long time.

Comment

It's been a while since Orlando City spewed out this lie, so I guess they figured it was time again. This is no surprise, coming from an organization where lying to the soccer community is the foundation of their marketing strategy. Remember the claim of GDA being "fully funded" on their website which disappeared after the meeting where they admitted that each family's financial commitment will start at $2,500?

For those of you who want to believe the fully funded propaganda, ask yourself 2 questions:
        1. If OC intends to make GDA free, why would they not have done it in year 1 when they faced their biggest recruiting challenge?
        2. Do you honestly believe OC/Pride would contribute more for each GDA player than they pay some of their pros?

Here's a prediction: OC will NEVER publish their GDA rosters online. They would have to admit that some of the players they most desperately tried to recruit for GDA said no thanks. And their pompous boasts that GDA would attract the best-of-the-best would be revealed as delusional wishful thinking.

Comment

It's been a while since Orlando City spewed out this lie, so I guess they figured it was time again. This is no surprise, coming from an organization where lying to the soccer community is the foundation of their marketing strategy. Remember the claim of GDA being "fully funded" on their website which disappeared after the meeting where they admitted that each family's financial commitment will start at $2,500?

For those of you who want to believe the fully funded propaganda, ask yourself 2 questions:
          1. If OC intends to make GDA free, why would they not have done it in year 1 when they faced their biggest recruiting challenge?
          2. Do you honestly believe OC/Pride would contribute more for each GDA player than they pay some of their pros?

Here's a prediction: OC will NEVER publish their GDA rosters online. They would have to admit that some of the players they most desperately tried to recruit for GDA said no thanks. And their pompous boasts that GDA would attract the best-of-the-best would be revealed as delusional wishful thinking.
          Agree with all - but rosters will eventually show up on USDA and other public sources, so yes the truth will eventually be told. But this applies to many GDA clubs. Some are absolutely getting the best players; others are begging B team players to sign up.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me about ending pay-to-play? My son is high school aged and his baseball team is good. Many of the boys are getting recruited. We pay for my son to play baseball. We don't see MLB helping us and many of these kids will play D-I baseball.

My daughter plays travel soccer. She is having a good experience. We also pay for her to play soccer. Even with US Soccer contributing, I don’t see it being possible to end pay-to-play. There isn’t enough money at US Soccer to support all the DA programs for a prolonged period of time.

Comment

Who are the coaches for the OC Pride GDA? I think 3 of 4 ECNL coaches are sticking with that. I think people are crazy to sign up for any team where they don't know or never met with the coach.

Comment

Can someone please explain to me about ending pay-to-play? My son is high school aged and his baseball team is good. Many of the boys are getting recruited. We pay for my son to play baseball. We don't see MLB helping us and many of these kids will play D-I baseball.

My daughter plays travel soccer. She is having a good experience. We also pay for her to play soccer. Even with US Soccer contributing, I don’t see it being possible to end pay-to-play. There isn’t enough money at US Soccer to support all the DA programs for a prolonged period of time.
                Some of the MLS clubs only do it reluctantly as well - it costs them a great deal of money and resources, with little rewards. The track record for hime growns is spotty and they' can't trade/profit off of players they've developed the way they can internationally. Pay to play will never go away.

Comment

It appears more athletes are getting recruited to play baseball, football, soccer , and having their private high school tuition paid for.

Comment

It appears more athletes are getting recruited to play baseball, football, soccer , and having their private high school tuition paid for.
                    just ask Matias Asor@y and Gu!!iver prep...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X