Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC Staff Changes

I was at that meeting too... Loved the fact that the whole meeting was to tell us about needing more numbers, needing to hit budget....

As a parent, I could give a crap about how much money you want to make; or how the club needs more numbers to establish itself in the region.

Not a single word said about (what I believe I am paying for) player development, better coaching, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I was at that meeting too... Loved the fact that the whole meeting was to tell us about needing more numbers, needing to hit budget....

As a parent, I could give a crap about how much money you want to make; or how the club needs more numbers to establish itself in the region.

Not a single word said about (what I believe I am paying for) player development, better coaching, etc...
      Count yourself lucky. You were actually offered the truth by your club.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered

The focus has shifted to the DA. That's too bad. It does demonstrate a need for smaller clubs rather than these behemoths which can do a lot right but a lot not so right.

Comment

I was at the meeting too, and this is how I felt. There are two sides of any of these soccer clubs, the soccer development side and the business side. And if the business side is not breaking even (especially with nonprofit status), then changes have to be made that definitely could affect the soccer side. It was refreshing that they just told the truth about what was happening on the business side, and did not try to BS us all with some other lame excuse. Any adult business person knows what can happen when you do not make budget and you are leaking money, so I appreciated being spoken to like an adult, and not like a kid who needed to be shielded from the truth.

That said, I am happy that AM is coming back as Director of the Metro South region, as I do think they underestimated his loyal following both from a coach and player perspective.

Comment

What was said at that meeting wasn't the truth, it was the narrative NEFC wanted parents to hear. The farce about not making budget had nothing to do with Metro South and everything to do with Southeast, which has been bleeding money since the Blackwatch acquisition.

Do you honestly think a region like MS, that grew from 50 players to 220 in three years isn't making budget? As far as facility costs go, NEFC could do what GPS does in Taunton and have 4 teams practice per full size field, instead of 2. Reduce your biggest expense by almost half.

Southeast will continue to not meet budget until they get their own facility/turf fields and get someone to really ramp up the recruiting and town partnerships at the younger ages. NEFC screwed up and it is going to cost them unless they can get enough quality coaches to replace those that left. AM and CW will hold onto most of their players, but those other teams will likely see alot of turnover unless they can annouce the coaching assignments soon and they are quality.

Comment

What was said at that meeting wasn't the truth, it was the narrative NEFC wanted parents to hear. The farce about not making budget had nothing to do with Metro South and everything to do with Southeast, which has been bleeding money since the Blackwatch acquisition.

Do you honestly think a region like MS, that grew from 50 players to 220 in three years isn't making budget? As far as facility costs go, NEFC could do what GPS does in Taunton and have 4 teams practice per full size field, instead of 2. Reduce your biggest expense by almost half.

Southeast will continue to not meet budget until they get their own facility/turf fields and get someone to really ramp up the recruiting and town partnerships at the younger ages. NEFC screwed up and it is going to cost them unless they can get enough quality coaches to replace those that left. AM and CW will hold onto most of their players, but those other teams will likely see alot of turnover unless they can annouce the coaching assignments soon and they are quality.
              What coaches left?

Comment

NEFC west will struggle to get players. There are approximately 10 or so clubs in western mass area. Where do they think players are going to magically fall from the sky?

Comment

And you will be the first parent in line to bitch about overcrowded practices.

Comment

And you will be the first parent in line to bitch about overcrowded practices.
                    Can you use excel? Can you do simple math? My point in mentioning the field space was that NEFC didn't need to blow up MS, demote AM from DOC and give his region to SC, lose 5 of the 7 coaches in the MS region and then realize they made a huge mistake and backtrack, creating mass confusion and likely putting this region behind for years to come just because NEFC needed to make "budget". Reduce expenses? Easy fix. (Number of teams x number of practice sessions) / 4 + (technical training sessions) + (number of teams x 8 home games per year) = # of hourly field rentals.

Instead, what was done was cover for the political promotion of SC and the marginalization of AM and the success of the MS region in favor of Southeast, which was and still is a mess.

Comment

What coaches left?
                      Everyone but AM and the U15 girls coach is my understanding.

Comment

If there was a meeting to discuss all this and it involved Southeast region, why were the Southeast parents not involved? If NEFC thinks expanding SC's oversight is a good idea, then they have their heads even more inserted than I thought. Complete disgrace what has happened since PM was let go. PM was no delight to deal with, but he had the kids development as goal #1. Parents may have thought he was tough to deal with sometimes but the kids loved him. Most kids look like they just ate a lemon when you ask them about dealing with SC.

When will NEFC announce their coach assignments? They are 100% focused on Breakers DA and only need the rest of the club to feed that addiction. And an addiction for these guys it is.

Comment

If there was a meeting to discuss all this and it involved Southeast region, why were the Southeast parents not involved? If NEFC thinks expanding SC's oversight is a good idea, then they have their heads even more inserted than I thought. Complete disgrace what has happened since PM was let go. PM was no delight to deal with, but he had the kids development as goal #1. Parents may have thought he was tough to deal with sometimes but the kids loved him. Most kids look like they just ate a lemon when you ask them about dealing with SC.

When will NEFC announce their coach assignments? They are 100% focused on Breakers DA and only need the rest of the club to feed that addiction. And an addiction for these guys it is.
                          Oh hi, it's the bitter SE parent who hates SC, and posts in RI board over and over about how awful he is, and how his kid should have made the top team, but didn't. Just leave the club already. Sheesh, your axe to grind is so dull at this point. Or it's just PM.

Comment

Oh hi, it's the bitter SE parent who hates SC, and posts in RI board over and over about how awful he is, and how his kid should have made the top team, but didn't. Just leave the club already. Sheesh, your axe to grind is so dull at this point. Or it's just PM.
                            Since you are obviously an NEFC coach who spends his off field time trolling through TS why don't you answer the legitimate questions asked here? As for SC, just ask around, I am not his only critic. As a matter of fact, the comments on the RI board aren't from me. Kind of funny Mr know it all. Once you get your tongue out of S 's aaas ask him to answer.

Comment

Obviously this is SC. Who else would get so irritated with someone criticizing him.

SC, why don't you focus on the comments made earlier on this forum which cast you unfavorably and were obviously made by AM himself. Who else would know the exact numbers of players when he took over the region versus the numbers now. Your fight isnt with parents who pay your salary, it's with your counterparts who have serious doubts of your abilities.

Comment

How can NEFC screw this up so badly.

Tom Durkin has a meeting with parents explaining how and why they are combining Metro South, Southeast and South and that SC will be taking over as the DOC of the new formed region. That AM will be asst DOC, and he spoke about how many "coaches have decided to move on"..

Now 2 weeks later, AM is back in charge; no reason given? NEFC just blew up the whole region and for what purpose?
                                What the hell is going on? Are they going to announce this to all NEFC families affected. I did notice MS and SE regions are trying out together. Why would they not be transparent with everyone? People want honesty so we can decide what is the best option for our kids before tryouts. Hello NEFC!!! are you there?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X