Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wish college showcase was not in Amherst. Seems like GPS won out on access to Lancaster
    I'm a college coach and thrilled not to be going to Lancaster (Culture-less, no shade hell-scape). The fields are nice to play on but not a nice place to visit.

Comment

I'm a college coach and thrilled not to be going to Lancaster (Culture-less, no shade hell-scape). The fields are nice to play on but not a nice place to visit.
      If your chasing off-the-rack players it makes sense to prioritize venue.

Comment

Wow, schedule still not out yet. Third delay now. I hope this isn't an indicator of how the tournament will be run this year :(

Comment

Horrible fields to play on. Turf in dire need of replacement.

Comment

I think the fields are fine. But it's either blazing sun with no shade, a wind tunnel, and is you have a game after 9:00 good luck with parking. You have to walk 1/2 mile.

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with the fields. Dire need of replacement? That's ridiculous.

Comment

Surprised the schedule isn't out. It's our first time at this tournament, is this unusual? Maybe we'll go to GPS next year. I see that their schedules are set and it looks like they have good teams. Answering emails from angry parents gets old real fast.

Comment

I think the fields are fine. But it's either blazing sun with no shade, a wind tunnel, and is you have a game after 9:00 good luck with parking. You have to walk 1/2 mile.
                  So after all this time and effort you prefer good parking and access to coaches that prioritize local culture and shade. Cool by me.

Me? I was going for a run before game anyway, and will happily walk 1/2 player for my child to play real competition in front of coaches that prioritize players

Comment

So after all this time and effort you prefer good parking and access to coaches that prioritize local culture and shade. Cool by me.
                    Don't know about others but for our team the priority is a well-run tournament and a challenging level of competition. Disappointed with Needham so far hope it doesn't mean problems during the weekend.

I get that they have lots of teams but so does GPS this year and they have their scheudles out. We have lots of kids whose sibs are also playing and their parents need to get carpools etc. organized. GRRRR.

Comment

Don't know about others but for our team the priority is a well-run tournament and a challenging level of competition. Disappointed with Needham so far hope it doesn't mean problems during the weekend.

I get that they have lots of teams but so does GPS this year and they have their scheudles out. We have lots of kids whose sibs are also playing and their parents need to get carpools etc. organized. GRRRR.
                      This was my point. The first delay to May 7 they said they were "close". Well couldn't have been that close. Maybe it sounds like I'm nitpicking but come on. We also need to get carpool and family things in order. Since the games are all over the place I need to know where I'm going.

Comment

Surprised the schedule isn't out. It's our first time at this tournament, is this unusual? Maybe we'll go to GPS next year. I see that their schedules are set and it looks like they have good teams. Answering emails from angry parents gets old real fast.
                        It's our first time too, making a bad impression 😳

Comment

It's our first time too, making a bad impression 😳
                          Lots of teams have left to play in GPS tournament schedule has been out 4 2 weeks now

Comment

lots of pro GPS posts lol...

Needham will be well run, just like always. They tend to cut it a little closer on the schedule release but they also rarely have last minute changes which tourneys often have. Really it's 11-12 days away. Surely you folks can figure out your party and carpool plans pretty quickly? It's not that complicated. Every tourney has it's fair share of complainers; this one is no different

Comment

lots of pro GPS posts lol...

Needham will be well run, just like always. They tend to cut it a little closer on the schedule release but they also rarely have last minute changes which tourneys often have. Really it's 11-12 days away. Surely you folks can figure out your party and carpool plans pretty quickly? It's not that complicated. Every tourney has it's fair share of complainers; this one is no different
                              I have no pony in the race here as we have never done either tournament. I just think that with team applications in by Feb and acceptances released in March, a schedule would not be too hard to get out by May 1.

Comment

I have no pony in the race here as we have never done either tournament. I just think that with team applications in by Feb and acceptances released in March, a schedule would not be too hard to get out by May 1.
                                Same here. My parents are getting restless which just creates headaches for me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X