Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Said the parent with a slow small kid. Tell em to eat their Wheeties.
    LMAO...nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
      not all the best kids are playing da - just most of them. There are some with da talent....as you say that simply live too far away. But in the areas that have da clubs...yea, nearly all the best kids are there.
      Exactly!!!!!!!! I don't know you, but I love you. :-)

Comment

Not all the best kids are playing DA - just most of them. There are some with DA talent....as you say that simply live too far away. But in the areas that have DA clubs...yea, nearly all the best kids are there.
        I am not sure I agree with the statement that all the best kids are at DAs. How many kids can be on a DA team max? Do DAs field more than one team per age group? I would agree with the statement that some of the best kids are there, but ALL? I doubt that.

Comment

I am not sure I agree with the statement that all the best kids are at DAs. How many kids can be on a DA team max? Do DAs field more than one team per age group? I would agree with the statement that some of the best kids are there, but ALL? I doubt that.
          You can disagree all you want but that does not make it so. Yes, it is true, the majority of the best players in an area with a DA are playing for that said DA. I know you don't want to believe it because you kid is not at the DA. I know it truly hurts you to recognize that your son is not the best at something or that you have not done a good job as a soccer parent with this failure. The quicker you realize it, the better off you and your son will be.

Comment

Why do we keep having this discussion? Do DA parents and coaches come on here to market DA? DA does not exist is many markets. Also DA is not encouraging high school and with the subbing rules some kids may get more developing playing time on a team other than DA.

Comment

Why do we keep having this discussion? Do DA parents and coaches come on here to market DA? DA does not exist is many markets. Also DA is not encouraging high school and with the subbing rules some kids may get more developing playing time on a team other than DA.
              Why do kids choose to take part in ODP? For the most part to get extra challenge that maybe they don't get at their club level, get extra exposure for college or whatever else as well as something to put on their list of personal achievements.

Why do kids play DA, because the overall consensous is that is the most competitive level of soccer available, it provides a challenge they can not get at other club levels, extra exposure for college, US soccer pro, much more so than anything else, and something to put on their list of personal achievements.

For kids doing DA, ODP would be redundant and there is no question if they all did take part in ODP than many of the kids in ODP would not be there. Granted there are also many kids who are good enough for DA that choose not to take part for a variety of reasons.

Comment

You can disagree all you want but that does not make it so. Yes, it is true, the majority of the best players in an area with a DA are playing for that said DA. I know you don't want to believe it because you kid is not at the DA. I know it truly hurts you to recognize that your son is not the best at something or that you have not done a good job as a soccer parent with this failure. The quicker you realize it, the better off you and your son will be.
                I agree, just like you believing the DA is the best path doesn't make it so. What I find both curious and laughable is the fact that every parent that has their kid in DA always counters parents questioning whether DA is the correct route for their individual child with the argument that the only reason you are against the DA is because your kid did not make it? You don't know my kid so when you allude to the fact that my kids is not in the DA because he is not good enough, you are simply wrong.

I live in South Florida, we do not have any MLS sponsored DAs so my choices for my son would be Weston, Kendall or Boca. Weston and Boca are too far north and Kendall too far south. And out of the three, it seems Weston would be the better choice because of the organization and structure. But the cost to value does not justify the move. I would prefer that my kid not have to travel 2 hours a day, four times a week to participate in the DA. This especially holds true when I know that the coach for club soccer as well as for individual training would rival any coach that the DA could offer (both coming from having coached DAs themselves and more importantly, seeing the improvement of my sons skilss over the last three years he has been training with them). Throw in the fact that my son wants to play high school soccer, it is pretty clear that for the time being, the DA is NOT the best option while ODP is. And for your information, my son has been invited several times to "try out" for a DA but for the reasons noted above, and for the time being, has politely declined each time.

So take your assumption about my kid's ability (or lack thereof) and shove it up you *****. The fact that you and all DA loving parents have to fall back to this argument just evidences the ignorance and unblinding loyalty to what YOU believe is the better path. What is good for your kid or for your ego does not mean it is good for my kid, and I do not need to say my kid plays for a DA to know what my kid's abilities are....he shows that each time he steps on the field to play. That is why ODP still serves a purpose but go ahead, say what you will and believe you are right if it makes you feel better.

Comment

Why do kids choose to take part in ODP? For the most part to get extra challenge that maybe they don't get at their club level, get extra exposure for college or whatever else as well as something to put on their list of personal achievements.

Why do kids play DA, because the overall consensous is that is the most competitive level of soccer available, it provides a challenge they can not get at other club levels, extra exposure for college, US soccer pro, much more so than anything else, and something to put on their list of personal achievements.

For kids doing DA, ODP would be redundant and there is no question if they all did take part in ODP than many of the kids in ODP would not be there. Granted there are also many kids who are good enough for DA that choose not to take part for a variety of reasons.
                  Agreed. Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Agreed. Can't we all just get along?
                    Exactly. There not even close to the same thing. DA actually is beneficial to all the 2nd tier kids who now get the chance to compete at such a setting. ODP is a great experience.

Comment

Exactly. There not even close to the same thing. DA actually is beneficial to all the 2nd tier kids who now get the chance to compete at such a setting. ODP is a great experience.
                      YAWN! This discussion is so dumb- I'm talking about it from the girls perspective.... if you listed the top 30 players per age group for the state, prob about 50% are choosing to go DA because their club was awarded it? Most all of those players were grandfathered in... over half are not DA worthy??? If your current club has ECNL and didn't get DA... why move clubs in your Jr/Sr year when you are already getting offers? Let's just admit for '99's, '00's and '01's there are bunch of players that are set or are AMAZING players that have offers that have NO REASON to jump clubs for DA? There are also a TON of crappy ECNL players in these clubs that got DA this yr that will be rostered? Yes, you can tell a bunch from WFF, Weston and Boca that 'got rostered '. I know moving forward ODP is not a benchmark, but for the last two yrs- yes.... most girls that clubs were awarded DA- have not made the FL state team or Region 3 ? But yet are playing DA this yr? So shut up!

Comment

YAWN! This discussion is so dumb- I'm talking about it from the girls perspective.... if you listed the top 30 players per age group for the state, prob about 50% are choosing to go DA because their club was awarded it? Most all of those players were grandfathered in... over half are not DA worthy??? If your current club has ECNL and didn't get DA... why move clubs in your Jr/Sr year when you are already getting offers? Let's just admit for '99's, '00's and '01's there are bunch of players that are set or are AMAZING players that have offers that have NO REASON to jump clubs for DA? There are also a TON of crappy ECNL players in these clubs that got DA this yr that will be rostered? Yes, you can tell a bunch from WFF, Weston and Boca that 'got rostered '. I know moving forward ODP is not a benchmark, but for the last two yrs- yes.... most girls that clubs were awarded DA- have not made the FL state team or Region 3 ? But yet are playing DA this yr? So shut up!
                        First not sure what is "DA worthy" anymore than what would be "ECNL worthy."

I agree it may not make sense for a HS Jr or Sr to switch but in Florida that really is not a problem at most clubs. JFC/CC have teamed up to offer both, OC offers both, if you were already at Weston, Boca or WFF that is all they offer no club (no S-FLA has ECNL). The GA and NC clubs all also offer both DA and ECNL so kids do not have to switch clubs to do DA.

TBU and WFF both would just rather shoot themselves in the foot than do what is right for the kids in the area and share DA and ECNL

Comment

This is pretty true. We can agree on this. It helps all when a lot of kids that never would have had such an opportunity at a great ODP experience get it. I'm glad they don't allow DA kids to cross over.

Comment

Yes. Good experience. Taste of ODP.
                            ODP IS a joke. Good Players are in DA and can't go to ODP. THUS ODP is the best of the rest. As the saying goes second place is the first place loser. Stay away from ODP.

Comment

WE all stopped reading when you say you are talking about it from "girls perspective". Seriously.....GDA has not even occurred yet.....how are you making judgements about it? You have no idea who the best 30 kids are at their age group for the state. When you think about it....you really don't know much of anything.

ODP is a good experience for kids. For boys it is giving the 2nd tier kids a chance due to DA......I think it will prove to be the same for girls once GDA is rolling.

Stop trying to be a genius

Comment

Everyone left and right gets invitations to ODP camps.
                                Go if you want to pay! It does nothing, trust me on that one. I have taken my kids to plenty of them over the years (stupidly). Or don't listen and just pay, your prerogative.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X