X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not true!
    There's no shame in being a lower level club. Everyone needs a place to play if they enjoy the game.

Comment

Basically rearranging deck chairs on the titanic at this point.

Comment

I have heard several of the players are leaving for FC Boston. The only other program in the area having success other than them is FCUSA so it is a tug of war between those two for all of the better players.

Comment

I have heard several of the players are leaving for FC Boston. The only other program in the area having success other than them is FCUSA so it is a tug of war between those two for all of the better players.
          😂 Right. FCUSA. Ok.

Comment

The only other program in the area having success other than them is FCUSA...

Uhh, Guess you never heard of Select?

Comment

The only other program in the area having success other than them is FCUSA...

Uhh, Guess you never heard of Select?
              On the boys side? They are so successful and confident they put their girls team in NEP and left the boys teams to play against town clubs in MAPLE or whatever they call that league now. If we are talking about girls then Select is a strong club and I would argue even better than FC Boston at this point. On the boys side though it is a two horse race on the south shore between FCUSA and FC Boston.

Comment

On the boys side? They are so successful and confident they put their girls team in NEP and left the boys teams to play against town clubs in MAPLE or whatever they call that league now. If we are talking about girls then Select is a strong club and I would argue even better than FC Boston at this point. On the boys side though it is a two horse race on the south shore between FCUSA and FC Boston.
                To play for FCBoston in the high divisions (NPL)-- and live on the south shore is tough --kids/parents have to be willing to drive to far away practices---FCUSA is local for NPL level so will always have an edge----

Comment

Why the negativity? Sounds like you've got a dog in this fight.

From what I know the Select boys program is only a couple years old. That said, they look to be building it from the younger ages up. Already fielding multiple teams at the younger ages and the academy program is packed with kids. Don't have a crystal ball, but 2-3 years from now it won't surprise me if the boys side is flourishing.

Comment

Why the negativity? Sounds like you've got a dog in this fight.

From what I know the Select boys program is only a couple years old. That said, they look to be building it from the younger ages up. Already fielding multiple teams at the younger ages and the academy program is packed with kids. Don't have a crystal ball, but 2-3 years from now it won't surprise me if the boys side is flourishing.
                    Does Select have a Development Academy team?

Comment

Galway has been in decline for a while. Losing more staff will add haste to a further decline. The owners continue to treat people poorly and then wonder why they leave. DL is only there because of immigration problems, otherwise he'd be out of the door too.

Comment

"Does Select have a Development Academy team?"

The U8/U9/U10 kids are playing on various teams for both the Fall & Spring, as well as indoor all winter, if that is what you ar asking.

Comment

Galway has been in decline for a while. Losing more staff will add haste to a further decline. The owners continue to treat people poorly and then wonder why they leave. DL is only there because of immigration problems, otherwise he'd be out of the door too.
                          DL is a great guy--- He's married here, so don't see Immigration problem comment?

Comment

Illegal

Comment

What's a Gal weigh?
                              Mmmmmm, about a 100 lbs! bada bing!

Comment

In my expert opinion here are you south shore options, depending of course on gender & age:

Tier 1-SSS, NEFC, FC Boston

Tier 2- FCUSA, Mass City

Tier 3- CFC

Tier 4- Galway, Weymouth United F.C.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X