• Show
Clear All

2017-18 Tryouts

It's like a chess match right now.

Post the tryout schedule for your club.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's like a chess match right now.

Post the tryout schedule for your club.
    it's irrelevant, clubs can't actually register any players until June 10, so any club that asks you sign a "commitment" page or any crap like that is just trying to force your hand. go to whatever tryouts you want, and choose which club is best for your son/daughter when you're ready, if the player is good enough they will save the spot for them.

Comment

it's irrelevant, clubs can't actually register any players until June 10, so any club that asks you sign a "commitment" page or any crap like that is just trying to force your hand. go to whatever tryouts you want, and choose which club is best for your son/daughter when you're ready, if the player is good enough they will save the spot for them.
      I get that, but the tryout dates are all different.

To your point - players should try different clubs, but that will require some planning around the dates.

Comment

I get that, but the tryout dates are all different.

To your point - players should try different clubs, but that will require some planning around the dates.
        just contact clubs you're interested in directly for the most accurate information.

Comment

Eat Moar

Beets!

Comment

Weston has signed and taken money from new recruits

Where does it state no signings prior to June 10? Who determines this? FYSA? Weston has signed and taken money from players recruited at the new, earlier stage try outs. We have a friend who signed with Weston in April, while still officially rostered for a different club.

Comment

Where does it state no signings prior to June 10? Who determines this? FYSA? Weston has signed and taken money from players recruited at the new, earlier stage try outs. We have a friend who signed with Weston in April, while still officially rostered for a different club.
              they just got your money to "reserve' a spot but they cannot register players before june. you can request refund any time

Comment

There are still tryouts???

Comment

they just got your money to "reserve' a spot but they cannot register players before june. you can request refund any time
                  Read the agreement before you sign. If the fee is non-refundable, you will not get it back if you rescind the agreement.

Comment

Asking for intelligent answer.

So a player who is on another club can be told they made the team now?
                    Can a spot be reserved on the Got Soccer site or is that only to be registered?

Comment

they are DA. Weston FC does not apply to poaching and signing early. I could not believe it myself, but that is what FYSA told me.

Comment

201.6 Affiliates in compliance with Rule 104 (in good standing) may begin to register players, coaches and other members for the upcoming seasonal year on June 10th with an effective date of August 1 or on a date set by the BOD

203.1 A player is considered registered when the player has an active competition level set on or after June 10th for the upcoming seasonal year.
                        1. Player contracts or registrations for returning players may be effected on or after June 10th.
                        2. A contract or registration for a non-returning player may be revoked prior to June 10th by notification in writing to the affiliate. Any matter as to the refund of registration fees paid shall be governed under the terms and conditions of the contract for registration.
                        3. Any dispute over a player’s registration status will be determined by the registration committee.

If your contract date is prior to June 10th, you can get your money back. You may have to appeal to the registration committee, but I doubt the club will want to take it that far.

Comment

they are DA. Weston FC does not apply to poaching and signing early. I could not believe it myself, but that is what FYSA told me.
                          Poaching rules apply within leagues, not across them. So yes DA can poach players early from other leagues but they can't poach from within the league. Same with ECNL or intrastate leagues

Comment

So teams that are non DA, that have started collecting fees to reserve spots on teams now, that seems an awful lot like registering someone to me...

Comment

Actually

So teams that are non DA, that have started collecting fees to reserve spots on teams now, that seems an awful lot like registering someone to me...
                              They're called "Deposits" and any player can leave up to Jun 10th and will probably lose the deposit but the club doesn't officially "own" them until June 10th.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X