X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    not common, cant happen. header rule.
    You are wrong. Go to us soccer da website u12 DA look at the kids ages. It's public knowledge. There are numerous 9 and 10 yr olds playing u12 DA on many clubs and the header rule doesn't seem to stop them.

Comment

You are wrong. Go to us soccer da website u12 DA look at the kids ages. It's public knowledge. There are numerous 9 and 10 yr olds playing u12 DA on many clubs and the header rule doesn't seem to stop them.
      someone posted the actual rule and link to it from USDA. coaches merely have to instruct younger players not to do it, and like you said the adherence to even that rule will vary

Comment

FYSA Presidents Cup & State Cup Heading Guidelines Statement

Based on the FYSA Heading Guidelines, players are not permitted to participate in a heading division until they reach the age of 11. The FYSA Presidents and State Cup competitions will only have divisions that permit heading. The FYSA board and competition committee will allow for players who wish to compete in State Cup and Presidents Cup who are 10 years old to be rostered prior to roster freeze. However, these players will not be able to participate in Cup play until they reach their 11th birthday. The coach/team will be responsible for following this policy and will accept the sanctions below if this is found to occur.

The violation for a player participating in a cup competition prior to the age of 11 would be:

The coach would be suspended for the remainder of the current seasonal year plus the next seasonal year.
        The player would be suspended from all cup play for the remainder current season.
        T he team would be disqualified from the competition.

Rostering Logistics

In most cases, the players will need to request for the player to play up to be added to the roster.

Submissions may be made ONLY through GotSoccer . The playing up form cannot be used for Cup play .

Playing up submissions need to be submitted by Tuesday and will be reviewed on Wednesday as players have to be manually added to the particular rosters. Plan ahead as late submissions may not be able to be processed.

Players must be approved at the club level prior to the review at the FYSA-State level. In order to approve it at the club level, you go to your GotSoccer page. Click on the Club tab and on the right-hand side you will see the player's name. Click on their name and then from a club level you will either click approve or deny based on the club's determination. A request cannot be reviewed until the club approves them to play up.

The playing up rule applies to the team code the player is rostered to but does not apply to the league or other event age divisions that the actual team participates in.

For the Good of the Game!

The Florida Youth Soccer Association

Region A

Comment

A 9-yr old playing U12 DA?

I'd like to see that team going against my son's U12 D2 team!

Parents, a respectable U12 DA does not need 9 or 10-y olds just to complete the roster. That club just wants to go after your wallet! A U-11 pre-academy may be a better fit for you son's development. Ah, sorry, I forgot this is not about your kid but more about insecure adults bragging 'my kid is more skilled than yours!'

Comment

Parents, a respectable U12 DA does not need 9 or 10-y olds just to complete the roster. That club just wants to go after your wallet! A U-11 pre-academy may be a better fit for you son's development. Ah, sorry, I forgot this is not about your kid but more about insecure adults bragging 'my kid is more skilled than yours!'
            Such anger

Comment

There is an 07 on the Jax Armada U12 DA team. I saw it on a game report and confirmed it wasn't a mistake with one of their parents the last time we played them. Here's the thing, you'd never know he is that young. He plays with their all 05 team and is as big and as good as any other kid on that team.

Comment

I guess that's why the DA specifically discusses this issue in their regs - it never happens on "respectable" teams

Comment

Lots of 10 year olds in U12 DA. This year, any 05 that had a birthday after July was a 10 years old when the season started.

Some clubs had only 04s. Most clubs had primarily 04s. Some had pretty even balance of 05s and 04s. And a few clubs in Florida had more 05s than 04s. There was the odd 06 and 07 here and there (but very few).

Comment

What is the youthsoccer ranking of the U12 DAs with primarily 04 players, against the rankung of teams with many 05s?

Comment

Lots of 10 year olds in U12 DA. This year, any 05 that had a birthday after July was a 10 years old when the season started.

Some clubs had only 04s. Most clubs had primarily 04s. Some had pretty even balance of 05s and 04s. And a few clubs in Florida had more 05s than 04s. There was the odd 06 and 07 here and there (but very few).
                      Finally someone who understands what they are talking about. u12 DA this year was for 04s not 05s. Like poster said, clubs handled in many different ways. Generally 05s were a minority in u12 DA. But the original question was about a 10 year old playing u12 DA. Any kid that was a u10 last year, would have been 10 at the beginning of the year and turned 11 some point later in the year. There are some 06s. A few late 06s/early 07s, but those of really few and far between and would have to be unique players.

Next year, u12 DA will be for 2006s. Kids that turn 11 sometime this year. A 10 yr old playing u12 DA next year will not be such an achievement; in fact many will probably start as 10 yr olds and then turn 11 later in the season.

Comment

What is the youthsoccer ranking of the U12 DAs with primarily 04 players, against the rankung of teams with many 05s?
                        there aren't any. DA very wisely doesn't keep track, nor should you.

Comment

Weston FC Academy U12 has a 10 year old. Probably best player on the team. He has an older brother that plays one year up for Weston DA as well.

Guess it runs in the family.
                          Boca United has several 2006 too. Not uncommon.

Comment

FYSA Presidents Cup & State Cup Heading Guidelines Statement

Based on the FYSA Heading Guidelines, players are not permitted to participate in a heading division until they reach the age of 11. The FYSA Presidents and State Cup competitions will only have divisions that permit heading. The FYSA board and competition committee will allow for players who wish to compete in State Cup and Presidents Cup who are 10 years old to be rostered prior to roster freeze. However, these players will not be able to participate in Cup play until they reach their 11th birthday. The coach/team will be responsible for following this policy and will accept the sanctions below if this is found to occur.

The violation for a player participating in a cup competition prior to the age of 11 would be:

The coach would be suspended for the remainder of the current seasonal year plus the next seasonal year.
                            The player would be suspended from all cup play for the remainder current season.
                            T he team would be disqualified from the competition.

Rostering Logistics

In most cases, the players will need to request for the player to play up to be added to the roster.

Submissions may be made ONLY through GotSoccer . The playing up form cannot be used for Cup play .

Playing up submissions need to be submitted by Tuesday and will be reviewed on Wednesday as players have to be manually added to the particular rosters. Plan ahead as late submissions may not be able to be processed.

Players must be approved at the club level prior to the review at the FYSA-State level. In order to approve it at the club level, you go to your GotSoccer page. Click on the Club tab and on the right-hand side you will see the player's name. Click on their name and then from a club level you will either click approve or deny based on the club's determination. A request cannot be reviewed until the club approves them to play up.

The playing up rule applies to the team code the player is rostered to but does not apply to the league or other event age divisions that the actual team participates in.

For the Good of the Game!

The Florida Youth Soccer Association

Region A
                            That's FYSA not DA hello McFly!

Comment

there aren't any. DA very wisely doesn't keep track, nor should you.
                              Why so sensitive daddy? Lil' Johnie was not called to a DA training camp or USMNT yet? Life is so unfair! Maybe the national coach is looking at the team rankings and player stats! Check them out, they are in the USDA web site.

Comment

Boca United has several 2006 too. Not uncommon.
                                Nope. Only 06s for Boca academy moved up halfway through the year and are listed as DPs. Did not make the academy team from the start of season. That contrasts with a few Florida clubs who carried an 06 or two on the rosters from start of the year as full acad my players (not DPs). Having said that, Boca played all year with mostly 05s--unlike other Florida academies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X