Got Soccer 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Got Soccer 100%
        Got suckered.

Comment

Tbu

Teams and clubs make their leaving gaming the GS system. It's well known. Some teams will enter an absurd number of tournaments to push their rankings up.
          Great example is TBU 04, they play 1-2 tournaments a month and travel everywhere to do it. They are a good team and a top 10 team...but not a top 5 team, certainly not #1 in Florida. They are top of the ranking because of the amount of tournament they play.

Comment

Great example is TBU 04, they play 1-2 tournaments a month and travel everywhere to do it. They are a good team and a top 10 team...but not a top 5 team, certainly not #1 in Florida. They are top of the ranking because of the amount of tournament they play.
            Exactly. GS is based on how many tournaments and well you do. Head to head match-ups don't carry any weight, which they should.

Comment

Not sure which team you are noting but TBU has two top teams at 04. The Pre-ECNL team made it to finals in State Cup so I think any argument that they are not a top 5 team in the state must be discarded as quackery. They are currently listed as number four on youth soccer rankings with a little over a half point negative spread from #1 FESA. Their second team (premier) is ranked #11 which is about right with roughly a point and a half spread from the top five teams.

Got soccer on the other hand has the Premier team as #4 in the state and the Pre-ECNL team at 14, proof that got soccer is a useless tool for ranking and seeding teams.

Comment

Okay tournament organizers that rely on TS, defend yourselves and explain why you don't use YSR instead.

Comment

Correction

Not sure which team you are noting but TBU has two top teams at 04. The Pre-ECNL team made it to finals in State Cup so I think any argument that they are not a top 5 team in the state must be discarded as quackery. They are currently listed as number four on youth soccer rankings with a little over a half point negative spread from #1 FESA. Their second team (premier) is ranked #11 which is about right with roughly a point and a half spread from the top five teams.

Got soccer on the other hand has the Premier team as #4 in the state and the Pre-ECNL team at 14, proof that got soccer is a useless tool for ranking and seeding teams.
                  I was referring to the boys side. I believe you are referring to the girls side. Accruing more points by playing more tournaments, even if you do well, doesn't equal actual higher rankings. That's my point. The system is flawed (on both sides - GS and YSR) GPS Fl West won State Cup, but will not get much of boost in the YSR rankings because of the head to head calculations, however they will get a significant boost in GS. Does the win against Weston in State Cup finals mean more that a Weston win over GPS in the Weston Cup finals? I would say yes, based on the weight of the final results...general tournament vs State Cup. I don't have the answer.

Comment

A new rankings site is coming soon: https://howsthat.team?utm_source=tal...ign=pre_launch

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                      A new rankings site is coming soon: https://howsthat.team?utm_source=tal...ign=pre_launch
                      Great - another inaccurate ranking site.

Comment

Agreed it is a big loss. I found it to be pretty darn accurate as well. The predicted goal differential was pretty good. Of course it can't account for things like hurt players, teams that lose players between seasons, etc... But usually about a third of the way into a season you had a pretty good idea where things stood. GotSoccer is a ranking system that encourages teams to play lots of tournaments and to place themselves in brackets they can dominate to collect the points. I found Gotsoccer rankings to be useless for the most part.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X