•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know why Rush did not get ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      nothing is less stressful than getting 100 boys out on the field and trying to make a team.
      nothing is LESS stressful? So it's pretty easy?

Comment

Complete domination from ACYS. Davie plays kickball and relies on the ref to bail them out of tough matches. They need a new coach.

Comment

If you spend $2500 per year from U11 to U18 on league play, camps, etc., then the alternative at just 5% interest would be $20,000 for college.

That's a free UCF education. With Bright Futures that's a big dent into the vast majority of colleges in Florida
          And what do they do for team sports? Unfortunately, every team sport, not just soccer, is now organized along travel clubs and the travel costs $$.

if go with no sports you have a kid that wont get into college b/c he's spending all day playing minecraft.

Comment

Thank you for doing it for us!
            So West Florida Flames didn't have a single team make it to the Final Four on the boys or girls side in any age group?

Comment

I wouldn't say Davie played better soccer. They are the top ranked team in the state and had very few chances. ACYS who also played 120 min on Saturday, should have won that game in regular time with way more shots on goal.

It was a very evely matched game. Davie is a strong team with a few strong players but ACYS was more fit, had a deeper/stronger bench and a stronger defense. Defense wins championships.
              I would have to agree with this evaluation.....as a coach that had no skin in the game ( I just went to watch) the first half went to Davie. In talking with a Davie parent, they are conditioned to go out fast, score a few and then back down and defend. When that didnt happen and it went into the second half, you could see the momentum change and go in favor of ACYS when they hit cross bar, post, and just had more chances on goal. Not that Davie gave up ( they had like 5 corner kicks in a row) but you could see the frustration starting to set in. At the end of regulation, the Davie players had their shirts hiked up and arms over their heads. In the first 5 mins of OT, ACYS was in the same attack mode as the end of regulation and it seemed that Davie was just out there not anticipating the fast start from ACYS. result was a foul in the box and it was truly a foul. It happened about 30 ' from me and the 2 Davie players crashed down on the attacking player and took him out. In talking with the same Davie parent, the kids are not used to being down and by their own omission, the game was over at that point. the infighting on Davie started and the South Florida mentality started coming out. I dont mean that in a derogatory way, its just that is the foundation of the style of play in South Florida. We all know that.
              In the end, ACYS held on and won the match. It was a great game to watch and can only hope my players can be at that level one day.

Comment

Pretty poor showing by both Lakeland & West Florida Flames in State Cup competition.
                In particular with West Florida, as they only had one team on the girls side make into the final 16 teams for each age group.

Comment

So West Florida Flames didn't have a single team make it to the Final Four on the boys or girls side in any age group?
                  No surprise and WFF is losing players to TBU. Where will the college recruiters find the talent with the talented teams spread out across the big state?

Comment

nothing is LESS stressful? So it's pretty easy?
                    Sarcasm

Comment

Who wants to start

Comment

I would have to agree with this evaluation.....as a coach that had no skin in the game ( I just went to watch) the first half went to Davie. In talking with a Davie parent, they are conditioned to go out fast, score a few and then back down and defend. When that didnt happen and it went into the second half, you could see the momentum change and go in favor of ACYS when they hit cross bar, post, and just had more chances on goal. Not that Davie gave up ( they had like 5 corner kicks in a row) but you could see the frustration starting to set in. At the end of regulation, the Davie players had their shirts hiked up and arms over their heads. In the first 5 mins of OT, ACYS was in the same attack mode as the end of regulation and it seemed that Davie was just out there not anticipating the fast start from ACYS. result was a foul in the box and it was truly a foul. It happened about 30 ' from me and the 2 Davie players crashed down on the attacking player and took him out. In talking with the same Davie parent, the kids are not used to being down and by their own omission, the game was over at that point. the infighting on Davie started and the South Florida mentality started coming out. I dont mean that in a derogatory way, its just that is the foundation of the style of play in South Florida. We all know that.
                        In the end, ACYS held on and won the match. It was a great game to watch and can only hope my players can be at that level one day.
                        Well said, South Florida soccer is full of quitters and losers.

Comment

Only reason is OC and FKK have ECNL.

Comment

Any fields have value, but what really happened, and the real value here, was WFF's bank account, which is still robust despite the East Lake split and loss of collier (since they kept all the $ in both of those deals).

RS shopped his U12 DA around to just about every club in town looking for 2 things, players for the DA since his prized players left en masse to Clearwater's DA instead of theirs, and a guaranteed salary. WFF doesn't have much in terms of quality players in the U11/U12 age group, but they think with the DA carrot they can build that up in a year or two if the terrible results don't result in a loss of the DA. But what they did have was enough $$ to make the prior bad blood disappear as they could guarantee a salary as high as TBU was offering without requiring him to fold his team into an existing program. So... the deal was done and announce this weekend. Given their location to TBU and IMG, I'm skeptical they will build it into anything good. With what they had, they'd be a second division non-DA team in the area so they are basically building from nothing after the best players have already gone to TBU or CC. And WFF adds another high paid person who is looking to make $$, so from that perspective, it seems like a good fit to me.
                            So WFF will have all age groups for Girls DA, one age group for Boys DA and very, very few other teams on boys and girls sides. That doesn't seem like a sustainable business model?

Comment

And what do they do for team sports? Unfortunately, every team sport, not just soccer, is now organized along travel clubs and the travel costs $$.

if go with no sports you have a kid that wont get into college b/c he's spending all day playing minecraft.
                              Absolutely not true at all. There are tons of rec leagues. Or, God forbid, they just go play some hoops or soccer or whiffle ball or street hockey or other sport with their friends.

And there is nothing wrong with playing middle school and high school sports.

Comment

Only reason is OC and FKK have ECNL.
                                are these try outs for DA?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X