Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because my son was there last season. He played on the U12 team. We made the decision to move to GPS where he'll be playing on the U13 first team, the team that just won State Cup this weekend. So, even if he did get "cut" if we hadn't decided to move on, we still would have been happy getting cut.

John is a nice guy, but you can see the disorganization and lack of structure all over the place. Things are very poorly run and as I said, there's no field space, no league play, no quality coaching, and the promises about global image sports and west ham united were broken as they never happened.

As I said, the only people who keep their kids there are the parents who have swallowed the John Robinson pill or who don't care about their kids soccer development.
    This is proof that this is a good club since you stated that your son was pouched by a team that won State Cup the Elite did a great job developing him. You should have stayed for college scholarship offers.

Comment

pouched, like a kangaroo would to its joey?

Comment

pouched, like a kangaroo would to its joey?
        Please speak English.

Comment

Please speak English.
          the message was very clear. you should educate yourself both as to the correct spelling of "poached" and as to the anatomy of a kangaroo and in particular, how it carries its young.

Comment

the message was very clear. you should educate yourself both as to the correct spelling of "poached" and as to the anatomy of a kangaroo and in particular, how it carries its young.
            GPS troll. Go to your own thread.

Comment

Because my son was there last season. He played on the U12 team. We made the decision to move to GPS where he'll be playing on the U13 first team, the team that just won State Cup this weekend. So, even if he did get "cut" if we hadn't decided to move on, we still would have been happy getting cut.

John is a nice guy, but you can see the disorganization and lack of structure all over the place. Things are very poorly run and as I said, there's no field space, no league play, no quality coaching, and the promises about global image sports and west ham united were broken as they never happened.

As I said, the only people who keep their kids there are the parents who have swallowed the John Robinson pill or who don't care about their kids soccer development.
              sure he will...hahahahahahaha. don't let the door hit you in the ASS!!

Comment

GPS is better then Academy and close.

Comment

This is proof that this is a good club since you stated that your son was pouched by a team that won State Cup the Elite did a great job developing him. You should have stayed for college scholarship offers.
                  He would have developed anywhere. I would have taken him to GPS last season, but we had just moved into the area and some friends of ours recommended Elite. Since we didn't know any better, we went with that. However, I was one of the luckier ones, as my son's coach was at least decent. Other than him and John, the rest of the coaches are either young kids with no experience or parents. And, once again, I paid a lot of money for amenities such as global image sports and the West Ham United ID Camps, yet none of them ever happened. Not only did they not happen, we weren't even given an explanation as to why. When parents are spending thousands of dollars in a program, that's unacceptable.

Comment

GPS is better then Academy and close.
                    They are two different types of youth clubs. Elite builds tournament teams. They cannot compete in the State Cup (the real one) yet parents and players are okay with the structure. Elite provides the schedule for the season up front so it is nice for planning. They usually do not cut their players even if they are not on the competitive level yet. They look to develop all of their committed players. The club is loyal to their players and there is a real family feeling out there. A big positive is that there is only one coach per team so the coaches are very committed and they don't have to deal with conflicts between multiple teams. GPS is a highly competitive and has a cut your throat atmosphere. If your kid is very talented than you will be happy. If he/she is a marginal bench player than get used to traveling across the state to see him or her play only a few minutes. Coaches have multiple teams but most of them are very good. 2nd team coaches are hit or miss. GPS will continue to build state cup contending teams. The leadership expects winning results. GPS provides opportunities for their top tier players. These players get real opportunities playing on the national teams and travel across the pond for highly competitive events. Politics do come into play at GPS as it is easy to pick out the DOC's groupies. The DOC is not a very friendly guy as at Eiite it seems John cares more about his teams and players rather than results.

Pick your poison depending on your kid's talent. Both are expensive in the end. They both make promises that they don't keep. If you want top league play and state cup than go to GPS. If you want to just enjoy the experience, the set tournament schedule and more of a family atmosphere go to Elite.

Comment

What's good for the area

The problem is too many clubs. When you have over 100 kids try out at Weston that result in 3-4 teams in each age group...how do we in a small market compete with that. Our talent pool is being saturated by so many clubs. Elite and GPS are less than 2 miles from each other. I don't see how starting a new club on top of another club is what's best for soccer in our area, regardless if you think your club is different or will be better or you have an ax to grind with GPS. That is what's wrong with soccer...too many big ego and a lack of focus on what's best for our players and soccer in our area. This is true with GPS, Elite, Striker, Cape...in my opinion there should be 3 clubs in our area, GPS, Striker, Cape. That make geographic sense.

With the talent that we have in this area we could have 2-4 state cup finalist each year. GPS did it this year with the U13 boys. I would argue that we could another team that is just as good if we pulled in all the top 04's from the other clubs.This year GPS team was made up of half legacy GPS players and 1/2 from various other clubs. It worked.

It's a shame we have talented coaches and soccer leaders that can't figure out a away to put their ego's aside and put what best for soccer in our area first! Until then, we'll have players and coaches move year after year from club to club like a merry-go-round!

Comment

The problem is too many clubs. When you have over 100 kids try out at Weston that result in 3-4 teams in each age group...how do we in a small market compete with that. Our talent pool is being saturated by so many clubs. Elite and GPS are less than 2 miles from each other. I don't see how starting a new club on top of another club is what's best for soccer in our area, regardless if you think your club is different or will be better or you have an ax to grind with GPS. That is what's wrong with soccer...too many big ego and a lack of focus on what's best for our players and soccer in our area. This is true with GPS, Elite, Striker, Cape...in my opinion there should be 3 clubs in our area, GPS, Striker, Cape. That make geographic sense.

With the talent that we have in this area we could have 2-4 state cup finalist each year. GPS did it this year with the U13 boys. I would argue that we could another team that is just as good if we pulled in all the top 04's from the other clubs.This year GPS team was made up of half legacy GPS players and 1/2 from various other clubs. It worked.
                        It's a shame we have talented coaches and soccer leaders that can't figure out a away to put their ego's aside and put what best for soccer in our area first! Until then, we'll have players and coaches move year after year from club to club like a merry-go-round!
                        Congratulations on winning state cup. That is really great for those kids and I'm sure you are proud.
                        It's not all about winning at Elite and it works for those families. Some families cannot afford regular weekend trips across the state. Some have other kids doing other sports or on other teams and going to the same location works. If it's all about the win to you and your child than GPS is the place to be. GPS needs to improve their management style before they can get 3 teams per age group. Right now, they are unapproachable and very deceptive.

Comment

Congratulations on winning state cup. That is really great for those kids and I'm sure you are proud.
                          It's not all about winning at Elite and it works for those families. Some families cannot afford regular weekend trips across the state. Some have other kids doing other sports or on other teams and going to the same location works. If it's all about the win to you and your child than GPS is the place to be. GPS needs to improve their management style before they can get 3 teams per age group. Right now, they are unapproachable and very deceptive.
                          The U13 were developed by a great coach from u8-u12, then the so called professionals took over and took all the glory too.
                          It's the GPS way!

Comment

Our son left GPS and finally we are back with the best.

Comment

The U13 were developed by a great coach from u8-u12, then the so called professionals took over and took all the glory too.
                              It's the GPS way!
                              Yep, but I heard that coach was ready to let that team move on without him by mid year of U-12.

Comment

Yep, but I heard that coach was ready to let that team move on without him by mid year of U-12.
                                Good one:)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X