Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I watched the wff and FC Florida game. It was boring and it was bad soccer. By the way, the wff coach is an idiot.

Yes, I was there when wff scored late..... Are you the dad sitting in the corner by your self. If so, you look creepy as hell
    Florida tournaments.. FC Florida... 0 Championship

Comment

We've been the same team since 2010, not a single senior.
      ....because many have been held back at least a year over the course of their lower education.

Comment

Nice win for Acys. Congrats on state championship.

Comment

Congrats to ACYS!!!!!

Comment

Well done ACYS...

Comment

fun season and here's to future success for your boys...

Really enjoyed this season, our last with club soccer. Have played against a lot of the same boys for years and years and it was great to see their game grow as they did. Based on the skill level that I've seen improve over the years and the skillset of some of the younger players both in and out of DA, soccer in the US has incredible potential in the future. Particularly if the powers that be can focus on growing it for the players as opposed to the $$.

Despite the snark on this site it's nice to chat with parents care about soccer. I'll honestly miss some of the travel, expense, some of the parents, early mornings and hot afternoons. But I'm sure I'll get over it soon :)

I'm happiest that I now enjoy a sport that I really knew nothing about 10 years ago and know I'm watching most weekends and actually going to MLS games.

Best of luck to those of you with another year of games, and to those with seniors I hope that they are able to achieve their dreams, whether it's with soccer or not.

-OC Dad

Comment

Really enjoyed this season, our last with club soccer. Have played against a lot of the same boys for years and years and it was great to see their game grow as they did. Based on the skill level that I've seen improve over the years and the skillset of some of the younger players both in and out of DA, soccer in the US has incredible potential in the future. Particularly if the powers that be can focus on growing it for the players as opposed to the $$.

Despite the snark on this site it's nice to chat with parents care about soccer. I'll honestly miss some of the travel, expense, some of the parents, early mornings and hot afternoons. But I'm sure I'll get over it soon :)

I'm happiest that I now enjoy a sport that I really knew nothing about 10 years ago and know I'm watching most weekends and actually going to MLS games.

Best of luck to those of you with another year of games, and to those with seniors I hope that they are able to achieve their dreams, whether it's with soccer or not.

-OC Dad
                Congratulations to your son. All the players have a lot to be proud of regardless of outcome. For those that want it, hopefully they continue playing into college. Ultimately, this is just a journey, not the destination. Good luck.

Comment

-OC Dad
                  Knew nothing about the game 10 years ago? That sounds more like a WFF dad.

Comment

Knew nothing about the game 10 years ago? That sounds more like a WFF dad.
                    I was aware of soccer but really didn't follow it at all. Now on weekend mornings we're watching EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga and understanding a lot of the nuance of the game. My boys know more international soccer players by face than NBA players these days!

Comment

-OC Dad
                      It finally hit me this morning. For years I've awakened on Thu morning wondering about travel or camp or game logistics for the weekend, or whether it was a rare weekend with nothing soccer-related.

This weekend is the first of many with nothing soccer-related. Guess I'll hit the beach.

Happy Summer everyone!

Comment

It finally hit me this morning. For years I've awakened on Thu morning wondering about travel or camp or game logistics for the weekend, or whether it was a rare weekend with nothing soccer-related.

This weekend is the first of many with nothing soccer-related. Guess I'll hit the beach.

Happy Summer everyone!
                        Almost.

I got an email from an "independent college scout" asking if my son was still uncommitted and asking about the Disney Tournament. At this age group, there are no college prospects playing at Disney-really blows this scout's credibility.

Comment

Almost.

I got an email from an "independent college scout" asking if my son was still uncommitted and asking about the Disney Tournament. At this age group, there are no college prospects playing at Disney-really blows this scout's credibility.
                          He blew his cred at "independent college scout" no?

Comment

Slow down D2 and D3 go to Disney and look at players .... So what if its not a D1 school at least it is something .

Comment

He blew his cred at "independent college scout" no?
                              lol, well-yeah. That, too!

"Give me money so I can scout you kid and recommend to REAL college coaches!!"

Comment

Withdrawing from FSPL

ATTENTION!

Today at 5:00 pm is the deadline to decline your team's invitation to FSPL. FYSA, due to either stuidity or laziness, is not allowing ANY games to be rescheduled except for weather.

The play dates released by FYSA conflict with college showcases and (more importantly) the Disney Qualifier over Labor Day. Now, teams can forfeit FSPL to play Disney Q, but under FSPL rules there is a $1,000 fine for each game forfeited (or $3,000 for playing the Dinsey Q instead of FSPL) Also, any team that forfeits two games in a row can have the remainer of their games forfeited (ten games) and be assessed the $1,000 fine per game (or an additional $10,000).

Now, teams can still apply for the Disney Showcase if they choose FSPL over the Disney Q, but they risk assignment to a lower bracket and losing exposure to the most coaches at the showcase. This is especially relevant to U18 and U19 teams that are in their key recruiting seasons.

I know of at least three of the top 10 99B teams that are contemplating withdrawing before the deadline. If the top teams withdraw because of this, FSPL will not be the top league in the state anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X