Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP Cost Structure

There are 162 divisions in B/G NEP/NEC this season. Average division has around 8 teams. That's 1,300 teams that pay $375 to participate for a total of around 500K. It'd be interesting to see what the cost structure looks like.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are 162 divisions in B/G NEP/NEC this season. Average division has around 8 teams. That's 1,300 teams that pay $375 to participate for a total of around 500K. It'd be interesting to see what the cost structure looks like.
    What surprised me was the 7 game Spring season. I thought it used to be 8 games. Did anyone get a refund from their club for the 12.5% decrease in services provided by NEP? I didn't. Are we chalking this up to inflation? I'm calling shennanigans.

Comment

What surprised me was the 7 game Spring season. I thought it used to be 8 games. Did anyone get a refund from their club for the 12.5% decrease in services provided by NEP? I didn't. Are we chalking this up to inflation? I'm calling shennanigans.
      Maple, NEP, New England NPL, all have had 7 games in the Spring for years.

Comment

Take a look at the NEP archives. Spring 2016 teams played 8 games in the regular season.

Comment

My D plays NPL and they will have 9 games this season.......

Comment

Take a look at the NEP archives. Spring 2016 teams played 8 games in the regular season.
            But then look at 2015 and most played 7 (and some 6). In 2014 it was also 7 games (with some big divisions playing 9). I think it is a combo of division size, and how many weekends there are from the beginning of the season and Memorial Day and where Easter weekend falls. Last year, Easter was before the season, so it didn't take a weekend away. No conspiracies, sorry.

Comment

Depends on the division size. If it has 10 teams, you play 9 games. 9 teams, you play 8 games, 8 teams you play 7.

Comment

When did they start playing?
                For years maple/NSL has been 7 games. Younger ones u9s maybe more because they play double headers.
                I'm sure clubs budget their league fees into tuition. I thinks it's up to the parents if they are really concerned with the amount of games is to ask.
                Why is it 7 games in the spring and 9 games in the fall?
                Simple Fall you start the week after labor day then have Columbus Day off and play till November. Only issue is the weather later in the season in the Fall. There are no factors not to get 9 games in.
                Spring different issues winter weather can't start to early. Easter weekend depending on when that is that's going to be. Weekend of for league games or if it's early leagues start the week after. Memorial Day weekend this is a normal ending of the year for soccer teams. Also the weekend after would be state cup games. Big reason is tryouts for the next year. You want to get them in before schools get out.
                Look at this spring how many games have been canceled due to weather? If you don't play on turf more than like you have had at least one game canceled.

Comment

Can I see the cost structure of your company and determine what price i should pay for your product?

Comment

NSL is 675 for u9-u12 for Fall
                    U13-u15 was 980 for the fall
                    Spring u9-u12 was 650
                    And 845 for u13 and up.
                    NSL pays the refs NEP the clubs pay the refs at the field.
                    Good situation for NEP clubs only have to pay the refs that show up.
                    NSL I think the fee is structured for 3 refs for u13 and above one for u9-u12

Send the president or the treasure an email and ask them. Or see if it's a non profit organization maybe you can find their taxes.

Comment

NSL is 675 for u9-u12 for Fall
                      U13-u15 was 980 for the fall
                      Spring u9-u12 was 650
                      And 845 for u13 and up.
                      NSL pays the refs NEP the clubs pay the refs at the field.
                      Good situation for NEP clubs only have to pay the refs that show up.
                      NSL I think the fee is structured for 3 refs for u13 and above one for u9-u12

Send the president or the treasure an email and ask them. Or see if it's a non profit organization maybe you can find their taxes.
                      Whichever league, the value is still far better for a 7 or 8 game schedule over a two month span than paying more for a weekend tournament with 3, maybe 4 games. From a development perspective, there is very little of that going on during a compressed schedule over a 2-3 day period with injuries, exhaustion, roster shuffling, and potential bad weather all playing negative factors.

Comment

NEP/NEC teams play 7 matches this Spring no matter how many teams are in their group.

NEP/NEC no longer pays refs at the field.

Comment

Any word if Sporting (CT) was admitted into NEP? They were supposed to vote yesterday.

Comment

NEP/NEC teams play 7 matches this Spring no matter how many teams are in their group.

NEP/NEC no longer pays refs at the field.
                            Our club has a team in NEP BU19 bracket with 7 teams playing 6 games (scheduled), and a BU18 team in a bracket of 7 playing 9 games. Looks like we play two teams twice. Do all games then count for standings, or only the first meeting between teams?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X