Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't understand why someone is so bitter against this team or the Lakeland Club. If your that upset I'm sure Celtic would be glad to take your money.
    https://i.imgflip.com/gc2xo.jpg

Comment

They finished 1st place in CDL. How did they not deserve the bye in the first round? Smh...Moron

Good luck to all the teams playing in the second round of State Cup this weekend!
      At that Age group, Region C is the weakest region by far. They got the bye due to geography - not due to rank or skill. Better teams in other regions didn't get the bye.

That is a fact. I disagree with saying they "didn't deserve it" - but they got it due to geography.

Comment

I don't understand why someone is so bitter against this team or the Lakeland Club. If your that upset I'm sure Celtic would be glad to take your money.
        It is not the team, nor the club - it is the parents

Comment

Wow! What is your motive? There is a new BOD and things are already moving forward in the right direction. There is a new president, he has a vision and a great supporting group around him. Have you met the new president? He runs one of the biggest adult leagues in central florida, he host the Florida Classic Tournament every year, he is on the BOD for the Florida State Soccer Association. He already has a great track record of success with every soccer organization he's been involved with. It is very unfortunate what has already happened with losing entire age groups(I have no idea which age groups?) and what has already happened, but to pin that on the new president and BOD is silly! Hopefully your child is happy at the new club, still playing soccer and doing well!

The rec. side is doing well and EH does a great job with all the parents, coaches and kids.

If you really are concerned with the club, then feel free to right the NEW BOD a letter with your concerns or ask about their vision. When you come on here bashing it just seems like you could care less about a solution and are just trying to create drama.

Oh, yeah. Is your child playing for Barcelona now?
          I almost thought your reply was relevant until I saw your stupid *ass question at the end of it.

My kid is not at Barcelona and I'm not sure how that relates to the downfall of what USED to be a good club but whatever makes you feel better.

So you think that by putting DARAH in charge that the club is magically going to rebound and be right as rain in a season or two? Are you retarded? I know him well and I know what he's about. He worked hard to resurrect the adult league in Lakeland but your comparing apples to oranges. Chances are I have been around this club ALOT longer than you and can tell you him being appointed won't change a thing. And just for note, my post didn't pin anything on Darah. My post said things will not change regardless of who is in charge.

Too many other variables within Lakeland FC that he didn't have to worry about in helping rebuild LASO. You must be another koolaid drinker who shares an occasional beer with a few of the FC staff and want to come on here defending everything. You go ahead and keep spewing that crap out to anyone who will listen. The rest of us will continue to hit the road and move on to greener pastures.

Check back with you in a year to see how much things have changed. Whaddya say champ? Sound good? Good. tty in a year

Comment

I almost thought your reply was relevant until I saw your stupid *ass question at the end of it.

My kid is not at Barcelona and I'm not sure how that relates to the downfall of what USED to be a good club but whatever makes you feel better.

So you think that by putting DARAH in charge that the club is magically going to rebound and be right as rain in a season or two? Are you retarded? I know him well and I know what he's about. He worked hard to resurrect the adult league in Lakeland but your comparing apples to oranges. Chances are I have been around this club ALOT longer than you and can tell you him being appointed won't change a thing. And just for note, my post didn't pin anything on Darah. My post said things will not change regardless of who is in charge.

Too many other variables within Lakeland FC that he didn't have to worry about in helping rebuild LASO. You must be another koolaid drinker who shares an occasional beer with a few of the FC staff and want to come on here defending everything. You go ahead and keep spewing that crap out to anyone who will listen. The rest of us will continue to hit the road and move on to greener pastures.

Check back with you in a year to see how much things have changed. Whaddya say champ? Sound good? Good. tty in a year
            The crazy parents will always win - because they are insane enough to invest their whole life. AA and JL understood this.

Comment

I'm not a WH parent but believe team absolutely needed new players, a few have really brought this team to the next level and as much as it pains me, I can appreciate JL for that. The parents are only a problem when the coach allows it, just my opinion.
              I personally wish JL never made the deal to bring in that group of girls. Some of them are very good players, but others are dead weight who took spots from more deserving girls who have played at LFC their whole lives. And even the good players that came over in that deal, they brought a lot of baggage with them - and this thread is proof of that.

Comment

I personally wish JL never made the deal to bring in that group of girls. Some of them are very good players, but others are dead weight who took spots from more deserving girls who have played at LFC their whole lives. And even the good players that came over in that deal, they brought a lot of baggage with them - and this thread is proof of that.
                You clearly don't understand competitive soccer. You're not guaranteed a spot on the team on any competitive club. That's why they have try outs. It doesn't matter that JL brought those players or from where, the best players make the team. JL should have taken 1 girl that he didn't, but she ended up there after all the dust was settled. All the girls he brought are good, the only baggage is trolls like you that have nothing better to do than hate on 12-13 year old girls.

By the way, what deal are you talking about that JL did to bring them over??

Comment

You're entitled to your opinion, but I totally disagree. The team needed new players, no doubt. People will always be upset if their child didn't make the desired team but that's the nature of competitive sports. Keeping kids on the team because they have been with LFC for years is ridiculous and a great way to keep a weak and stagnant team. We saw how the team was years ago when LFC kept players and coach out of loyalty...weak, slow, lost, underdeveloped, etc. If that's the team and group you want to stay together then form a rec league because that would be the quality of the team without new additions.

Comment

You're entitled to your opinion, but I totally disagree. The team needed new players, no doubt. People will always be upset if their child didn't make the desired team but that's the nature of competitive sports. Keeping kids on the team because they have been with LFC for years is ridiculous and a great way to keep a weak and stagnant team. We saw how the team was years ago when LFC kept players and coach out of loyalty...weak, slow, lost, underdeveloped, etc. If that's the team and group you want to stay together then form a rec league because that would be the quality of the team without new additions.
                    The problem with no caring about Loyalty is the problem of why so many kids leave LFC. As a club, we are not loyal to the parents and kids, and we get no loyalty back in return. As soon as a good player can move to a better team they do, instead of staying with us a helping LFC grow.

LFC is lost right now - it was more focused years ago. Anyone who has been with the club for a long time knows that. I don't know about this tell you are arguing about right now, but to say that LFC is better now is stupid. If the new girls on that team are with LFC for good, then great - but if they are here to use LFC as a step to something better, that doesn't help LFC. Then we put resources into developing girls who are gone, instead of developing girls who will stay.

The theme of this entire thread is that the BOD needs to change and that there are real problems at LFC - and you seem to suggesting that LFC is better than ever. Obviosly you do t get it.

Comment

The Barcelona comment didn't have anything to do with the downfall of the club. It was in reference to this comment by you, "Exactly the reason why my child is no longer with this club. Lakeland is simply a feeder club to bigger clubs around the area with NO PLANS to change the current corrupt, uncaring BOD or overall regimen/structure." You said your child is no longer at the club, hopefully you found a club that can meet your expectation. I'm not defending anything that has already happened in the past, everyone is frustrated with what has already happened.

As far as Daragh, not Darah. Daragh is the correct spelling but you already know that because you know him well. Do I think he will magically make the club rebound in a season or two, well I don't know? I don't have a crystal ball, do you? You said him being appointed won't change a thing? Well here is where you are wrong again. The old president is gone, the old secretary is gone, the old vp of north Lakeland rec is gone. There are 5 new board members and change is already happening. How can you say you're not posting anything on Daragh when he is the new president? How can you say he worked hard to resurrect LASO, but have doubt that he will work hard to resurrect Lakeland FC??? You're the one spewing out crap and hatred towards the club. You say the rest of us will continue to hit the road and move on to greener pastures. You and your alter egos only count as one person.

You won't have to wait a year to see change, you'll just have to open your eyes and look past your own nose.

Comment

The problem with no caring about Loyalty is the problem of why so many kids leave LFC. As a club, we are not loyal to the parents and kids, and we get no loyalty back in return. As soon as a good player can move to a better team they do, instead of staying with us a helping LFC grow.

LFC is lost right now - it was more focused years ago. Anyone who has been with the club for a long time knows that. I don't know about this tell you are arguing about right now, but to say that LFC is better now is stupid. If the new girls on that team are with LFC for good, then great - but if they are here to use LFC as a step to something better, that doesn't help LFC. Then we put resources into developing girls who are gone, instead of developing girls who will stay.

The theme of this entire thread is that the BOD needs to change and that there are real problems at LFC - and you seem to suggesting that LFC is better than ever. Obviosly you do t get it.

We must be reading my post differently. You say LFC should keep girls on a competitive team because they have been loyal to LFC. I disagree. I'm not speaking about BOD or the quality of the inner workings of the club, only the specific topic of keeping girls on a team out of loyalty. You are delusional if you think a competitive team coach will pass on better players at tryouts for someone simply because they have been with the club for a duration. Who would come to a club like that and what would be the point of having tryouts? I never said LFC is better now. I only said that this team in particular needed some change in the roster to survive. This doesn't mean I'm boasting about the club. Of course I think the club needs to focus on player development, most especially. Personal development is every parent and player's goal. If they don't feel it is happening at LFC, they will move on. Also, I didn't realize this was an argument?

Comment

We must be reading my post differently. You say LFC should keep girls on a competitive team because they have been loyal to LFC. I disagree. I'm not speaking about BOD or the quality of the inner workings of the club, only the specific topic of keeping girls on a team out of loyalty. You are delusional if you think a competitive team coach will pass on better players at tryouts for someone simply because they have been with the club for a duration. Who would come to a club like that and what would be the point of having tryouts? I never said LFC is better now. I only said that this team in particular needed some change in the roster to survive. This doesn't mean I'm boasting about the club. Of course I think the club needs to focus on player development, most especially. Personal development is every parent and player's goal. If they don't feel it is happening at LFC, they will move on. Also, I didn't realize this was an argument?
                          Well said! This is competitive soccer, it is performance based.

Comment

The Barcelona comment didn't have anything to do with the downfall of the club. It was in reference to this comment by you, "Exactly the reason why my child is no longer with this club. Lakeland is simply a feeder club to bigger clubs around the area with NO PLANS to change the current corrupt, uncaring BOD or overall regimen/structure." You said your child is no longer at the club, hopefully you found a club that can meet your expectation. I'm not defending anything that has already happened in the past, everyone is frustrated with what has already happened.

As far as Daragh, not Darah. Daragh is the correct spelling but you already know that because you know him well. Do I think he will magically make the club rebound in a season or two, well I don't know? I don't have a crystal ball, do you? You said him being appointed won't change a thing? Well here is where you are wrong again. The old president is gone, the old secretary is gone, the old vp of north Lakeland rec is gone. There are 5 new board members and change is already happening. How can you say you're not posting anything on Daragh when he is the new president? How can you say he worked hard to resurrect LASO, but have doubt that he will work hard to resurrect Lakeland FC??? You're the one spewing out crap and hatred towards the club. You say the rest of us will continue to hit the road and move on to greener pastures. You and your alter egos only count as one person.

You won't have to wait a year to see change, you'll just have to open your eyes and look past your own nose.
                            As an outsider this sure sounds like a newly appointed President blowing his own horn! What LFC doesn't need is for their President to come on this bashing board and sling crap with the rest of the people on here. So if you plan on being a President that at least the Rec people will listen to, then get smart and stop posting it makes you look foolish. I wish LFC good luck!!

Comment

As an outsider this sure sounds like a newly appointed President blowing his own horn! What LFC doesn't need is for their President to come on this bashing board and sling crap with the rest of the people on here. So if you plan on being a President that at least the Rec people will listen to, then get smart and stop posting it makes you look foolish. I wish LFC good luck!!
                              I don't plan on being the president. See I would of had to of been nominated at this past AGM, then elected to be president and I just didn't feel like running. So nice try outsider!

How is responding to the previous comments to this thread with facts blowing his horn? It's not! It is simply pointing out that change is happening. Here, I'll post some for you again. 'The old president is gone, the old secretary is gone, the old vp of north Lakeland rec is gone. There are 5 new board members.' There is a new president. How is this spewing crap? This was a response to the other person saying there will be no change, when change is already happening.

Comment

It does not matter who the president is or who are the board members. We will continue to be a local club that yearly feeds players to the larger clubs. We have seen this happen every year. We cannot retain players and once these players leave, on many occasions the team they left behind needs to rebuild.

There are clubs and team that competes at different levels and for every type of competitive player and family. There is the local (USA, CDL, etc), state (FSPL 1st division, NPL, etc), and then national (R3PL, DA, ECNL). Based on the league this club participates in, it is a local club. Does a team want to win State Cup? Of course, but the true commitment and expectation level is not there. There is nothing wrong with Lakeland FC if you are happy playing and competing at the local level with friends at the occasional Disney tournament and State Cup. Again, there is nothing wrong with that. If you or your child wants more, find a club that has a team competing "consistently" in one of those other leagues mentioned above. If you continue to stick around and say "we'll give it one more year" it's our fault. Stop blaming the club and coaches because you know what you got yourself into. Do some research prior to tryouts. How long has the upcoming coach been with the same team? What is too long? I think more than 2-3 years (depending on age group) is too long. Again, nothing wrong with this club if all you want is local competitive competition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X