Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USSDA 17/18 Academy

Out of the Florida teams who do you think will do the best.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With a win-loss record having very little to do with the US Soccer Federation evaluation, with all of its players being required to start at least 25% of all games and with all of its teams being limited in the number and kind of formations they are able to use, when it comes to the Development Academy teams, what do you mean by "do the best"? While some may adhere to a win-loss record as the measure of a team's success, others will measure that success by the number of its players invited to any National Team camp, the number of its players invited to any professional team tryout or by the number of its players offered the opportunity to play at any college. Actually, there may even be some some of us who will measure a Development Academy team's success by the development of its players.

Comment

Easy answer: Orlando City.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        out of the florida teams who do you think will do the best.
        problem is they dont take the best players,,its a fact..last year tbu and wff had u18 boys teams that could beat clearwater da team,,no problem,,

Comment

problem is they dont take the best players,,its a fact..last year tbu and wff had u18 boys teams that could beat clearwater da team,,no problem,,
          It is fruitless to claim you could have beaten another team. Since neither team requested a friendly, we will never know whether either of them could have played well against the Chargers U17-18 DA team.

Comment

Last year's WFF U-18 Boys team lost to the LWR Chargers U-18 team pretty badly when LWR were guesting U-16 players. Although the LWR team was solid (NPL Champs), the DA team was more solid and deep. The DA team is clearly the best Chargers Boys team and TBU/WFF were competitive with the LWR non-DA team.

Comment

Last year's WFF U-18 Boys team lost to the LWR Chargers U-18 team pretty badly when LWR were guesting U-16 players. Although the LWR team was solid (NPL Champs), the DA team was more solid and deep. The DA team is clearly the best Chargers Boys team and TBU/WFF were competitive with the LWR non-DA team.
              Um I think you were playing against WFF's 2nd team. Wff top U18 team played in R3PL last year not NPL and never play CLW LWR last year.

Comment

Um I think you were playing against WFF's 2nd team. Wff top U18 team played in R3PL last year not NPL and never play CLW LWR last year.
                Only a fool would claim this.

Comment

really dude it's true. The WFF team that played in NPL team second team. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Comment

Only a fool would say the above with out first checking our the facts.

Comment

Really? What did you do, guest your first team to Miramar?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=18

I think you meant to say the team played in R3PLE. The WFF team lost 4-0 in State Cup Round of 16 to Kendall's Academy RESERVE Team. I am sure Kendall's Reserve team was not as strong as their Academy team.

Look, TBU and WFF had very strong teams (#4 and #11 of non-DA teams respectively) but were not at the level of DA.

Comment

I think you meant to say the team played in R3PLE. The WFF team lost 4-0 in State Cup Round of 16 to Kendall's Academy RESERVE Team. I am sure Kendall's Reserve team was not as strong as their Academy team.

Look, TBU and WFF had very strong teams (#4 and #11 of non-DA teams respectively) but were not at the level of DA.
                        Congrats on looking things up WFF never lost 4-0 to Kendall because they NEVER Played that game. Kendal was awarded a 4-0 win by rule because WFF was disqualified from state cup because WFF accidently played an ineligible player that had a red card to serve from the state cup in 2013. IN 2013 WFF was in the state cup finals losing to Mirimar 1-0 in a PK in OT if that tells you anything.

But WFF did play Kendal at IMG twice. They beat them once pretty easily 3-1 with a full squad and then lost 2-0 in another IMG shows case. The only reason for that was WFF had no keeper as he was injured the day before in a previous game. But it was the coaches fault for not having a good reserve keeper

But the way I was not the initial poster on the whole WFF/TBU could beat the DA team. I was only responding because you were confusing WFF's second team in NPL with the first team that played in R3PL. I know both teams very well and on a good day I think they could have definitely competed with Clearwater DA

Comment

Come on dude you...... Tomato tomauto...what ever. Actually if you want to be exact I think they called it PLE. Anyways again, I only brought it up because you thought the team in NPL was the 1st team which it was not. That's all

Comment

Thanks for the history on the WFF teams.

I am sure the top non-DA teams in the state can compete with one of the weaker DA teams on a good day (Chargers was middle of the DA pack last year). That is far different from guaranteeing a victory over a DA team. I am sure TBU/WFF would have shown signs of being competitive with Chargers last year.

Every year DA seems to attract more and more of the best players in the area. ECNL is having the same impact on the girls side. It would be hard for a club's best to compete with DA/ECNL year-over-year.

Comment

Thanks for the history on the WFF teams.

I am sure the top non-DA teams in the state can compete with one of the weaker DA teams on a good day (Chargers was middle of the DA pack last year). That is far different from guaranteeing a victory over a DA team. I am sure TBU/WFF would have shown signs of being competitive with Chargers last year.

Every year DA seems to attract more and more of the best players in the area. ECNL is having the same impact on the girls side. It would be hard for a club's best to compete with DA/ECNL year-over-year.
                              I agree I never said they would win for sure. They would compete. In a one game anything can happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X