X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a load of crap.

It wasn't long ball because it was a boys team. It was long ball because it was D2
    HA HA, no doubt

Comment

HA HA, no doubt
      You mean girls don't play long ball? and if they don't than I should take her out earlier from coed, no?

Comment

It really depends on the position they play. Right around u10 there is a noticeable difference in the speed of the game. So it may be tougher on field players. My daughter happens to be a goalie and she does just fine playing with and against the boys. So again it depends on the circumstances as well as the player.
        what team does she play for? Would the coach let her play the field if she wanted to?

Comment

I've seen girls playing COED up to U11, but not beyond that age group. I keep thinking that as long as she holds her own, she should continue to play with the boys...any thoughts? She is now going to U10.
          How do you determine that she can't hold her own? Wait until she gets injured? Can you pick out the boy who is stronger than he looks and doesn't care who he runs over?

I'd suggest erring on the side of caution (unless there was a very compelling reason not to) and move her before it becomes an issue.

Comment

If she is good enough to play with the boys then just play her up. She is not going to learn the game any better by plAying with boys....the practice and training with your coach makes you better.
            I sure hope you meant this as a joke! Any player will get better playing with the best competition available. Speed of the game is everything! Some technical training with a trainer will make you better technically, but practice and training with your coach and a slow team will do nothing but cause boredom.

Comment

Girls grow faster than the boys through age 12 so when the boys start taking off at 13 and 14 you need to be careful. Their speed will get much faster which is good, but their physicality may prove to be a detriment to a female player. The boys start changing to young men which can also cause some problems. Ift he girl is mentally and physically able to handle the men's game, it will only make them better when they do play with the girls. I would say U13 would be as late as I would let my daughter play with a boys team. The best girls teams will be traveling by that age either through ECNL or one of the USYS Regional leagues so it is time to play with the best girls at 13 too.

Comment

Girls grow faster than the boys through age 12 so when the boys start taking off at 13 and 14 you need to be careful. Their speed will get much faster which is good, but their physicality may prove to be a detriment to a female player. The boys start changing to young men which can also cause some problems. Ift he girl is mentally and physically able to handle the men's game, it will only make them better when they do play with the girls. I would say U13 would be as late as I would let my daughter play with a boys team. The best girls teams will be traveling by that age either through ECNL or one of the USYS Regional leagues so it is time to play with the best girls at 13 too.
                Great feedback, Thank You

Comment

Excellent post

Comment

I sure hope you meant this as a joke! Any player will get better playing with the best competition available. Speed of the game is everything! Some technical training with a trainer will make you better technically, but practice and training with your coach and a slow team will do nothing but cause boredom.
                    I said what I meant and meant what I said. If she is soooooooooo good play her up one or even two age groups. All she is gonna learn is that boys eventually are gonna hurt her. Swallow your pride mom and dad and play Mia Hamm with the girls who are good enough to hang with her I guess. I coached an awesome girl on a all boys team she was the only girl in the whole division it broke my heart to watch her get fouled left and right because she was really good. It was basically hit her before during and after she has the ball. She spent a lot of time in tears. She still played well but I think she would have been better served playing up instead of getting beat up by the boys all year. It ain't worth it in my opinion but I'm just speaking from my experience. I'll say again if she is that good play her with older faster stronger girls.

Comment

Stronger faster boys or stronger faster girls what's the difference......

Comment

I said what I meant and meant what I said. If she is soooooooooo good play her up one or even two age groups. All she is gonna learn is that boys eventually are gonna hurt her. Swallow your pride mom and dad and play Mia Hamm with the girls who are good enough to hang with her I guess. I coached an awesome girl on a all boys team she was the only girl in the whole division it broke my heart to watch her get fouled left and right because she was really good. It was basically hit her before during and after she has the ball. She spent a lot of time in tears. She still played well but I think she would have been better served playing up instead of getting beat up by the boys all year. It ain't worth it in my opinion but I'm just speaking from my experience. I'll say again if she is that good play her with older faster stronger girls.
                        the element of aggression can be missing on an all girls' team, so it would really depend on the specific team. you will have that element on nearly all boy's teams. it is not found on nearly all girl's teams. this is what you are looking for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X