Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    oh please. to be fair you can only compare ecnl with non-ecnl (R3PL, NPL, FSPLyou can't just say Non-ecnl... hardly fair as that captures all rec and regional travel clubs. not an accurate statement for you to make. once you pull in those kids recruited from the other high level non-ecnl clubs, you are balanced, and in fact I think you are top heavy with the non ecnl club kids. runt the numbers. think it favors non to fill up the Di schools.
    The stats don't back your position up. Over 1300 recruits from ECNL and a little over 1000 from non-ECNL to D1 schools.

Comment

Dear Florida ECNL,

Shut up. You play in an elitist league where you under perform. ECNL has strong clubs, not always the strongest teams. That is especially evident in Florida. No one cares how many coaches are at your games or if you are playing in the national playoffs (64 teams of 76 qualify) when your team is bad.

PS: TBU beat the two time ECNL national champions

just saying....

btw in this same age group the combined record of ecnl teams was 4-20-4..... awkward.

Comment

Dear Florida ECNL,

Shut up. You play in an elitist league where you under perform. ECNL has strong clubs, not always the strongest teams. That is especially evident in Florida. No one cares how many coaches are at your games or if you are playing in the national playoffs (64 teams of 76 qualify) when your team is bad.

just saying....

btw in this same age group the combined record of ecnl teams was 4-20-4..... awkward.
        <yawn>....what? Did you say something? I'm sorry. I don't speak Spanish. Back to your neighborhood league dad.

Comment

<yawn>....what? Did you say something? I'm sorry. I don't speak Spanish. Back to your neighborhood league dad.
          Alright have fun playing neighborhood league quality paying top dollar! Good investment!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Your a superstar !!!!! :---)

Comment

What's the purpose?

Several valid points...seems every family has to make decisions based on what the destination is.

http://www.d1soccerrecruiting.com/ec...e-data-reveal/

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...owsperpage=250

Comment

Dear Florida ECNL,

just saying....

"elitist?" Yes it's name is "Elite" clubs national league. Glad you picked up on that.

Comment

Dear Florida ECNL,

just saying....

Awkward is losing state cup, not winning R3PL or SSE or Southern Regionals or your National league or your group at Nationals OR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and then talking sh!t.

Comment

Dear Florida ECNL,

just saying....

Sorry, but TBU beat the Eclipse USYS Pool team which is made up of a few ECNL players and other U16 players from the club. It was definitely not the ECNL team. Good try though! Had they played the Eclipse ECNL team they would have been embarrassed!

Comment

Worked the first time no problem. It'll work the next time, too.

These leagues and "get recruited quick" schemes come and go. It'll work for awhile until the next big thing comes along. Meantime people who don't have confidence in their own player and plan run from fad to fad.
                    The loudest defenders of these programs- the ones telling everyone else "you don't get it" and " you pray for a break" are the most insecure of the lot.

Good luck- you're the one who needs it, not me.
                    If you are a serious player you better play ECNL or face getting left behind. Two years ago, half the players called into the U20 WNT were involved in the ECNL. This past camp, that number skyrocketed to 19 of 20. Standouts like Taylor Racioppi, Cari Roccaro and Mallory Pugh.

84 percent of ECNL players move on to play college soccer at the next level.

Feeling lucky myself.

Comment

If you are a serious player you better play ECNL or face getting left behind. Two years ago, half the players called into the U20 WNT were involved in the ECNL. This past camp, that number skyrocketed to 19 of 20. Standouts like Taylor Racioppi, Cari Roccaro and Mallory Pugh.

Feeling lucky myself.
                      You're correct of course, but bear in mind that statistics are a dangerous thing in the hands of the simple-minded. I agree that ECNL is the highest level of competition. What's important to understand is that all those National Team players didn't get where they are because of ECNL. They found their way to ECNL because of who they already were. That is, these are players that had the talent, motivation, determination, resources, and support to pursue their passion at all cost. Your typical competitive player isn't going to drive 80 miles each way to train with the best players in the state. Just because you happen to live down the street from an ECNL training field, and are marginally good enough to make the cut, is no guarantee of ever playing at the highest level of the sport. If a D1 scholarship is the benchmark for succcess, then there are certainly other ways to get there. After all, there are 3,720 D1 scholarships available every year for women's soccer. Every player on the top 20 ECNL teams would account for less than 10% of those.

Comment

Feeling lucky myself.
                        So now the argument has moved from "only ECNL can get her into college soccer" to "only ECNL will get her on the USNT"...

two completely different subjects, but nice try anyway.

Comment

Feeling lucky myself.
                          Sorry friend- I'm just not wired to be a lemming and rush to the nearest fad. I have one playing DI already, and another on the way. Hard work, dedication and a plan.

Good luck to you.

Comment

re:

There are a lot of quality players that play ECNL and a lot of quality players that do not. Truly talented players will get noticed either way.

You can't buy your way to success on a soccer field. The fact is the truly gifted players, the ones that work the hardest, the ones that find a way to stay strong and healthy, will go the farthest.

Some of the best players in the world come from countries with very little money. They play for the love of the game, and that passion pushes them to practice harder than others. It's up to the individual, not parents.

Comment

There are a lot of quality players that play ECNL and a lot of quality players that do not. Truly talented players will get noticed either way.

You can't buy your way to success on a soccer field. The fact is the truly gifted players, the ones that work the hardest, the ones that find a way to stay strong and healthy, will go the farthest.

Some of the best players in the world come from countries with very little money. They play for the love of the game, and that passion pushes them to practice harder than others. It's up to the individual, not parents.
                              Good points. I think it might be uniquely American that we go through these cycles of different leagues or programs being "the next big thing" every few years. Because the objective in the uSA is to play in college rather than play professionally, and the process is controlled by parents rather than professional clubs, we have a unique set of circumstances that favors so-called "elite" leagues that have thousands of players.

to me, a truly "elite" group is the US National team player pools.

Comment

Awkward is losing state cup, not winning R3PL or SSE or Southern Regionals or your National league or your group at Nationals OR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and then talking sh!t.
                                Awkward is buying your spot into a league and failing miserably, OCYS U16 LITERALLY DID NOT EVEN QUALIFY FOR B LEAGUE ECNL NATIONALS. THEY WERE AMONG THE BOTTOM 12 TEAMS WHO EVEN ECNL CAN'T JUSTIFY THEM ENGAGING IN SOME FORM OF A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. So before you go calling all your ECNL teams "best in FL" just remember that Tampa Bay beat your two time champion, so im sure they could muster up 4 wins in the southeast region (Florida ECNLs combined win record)(embarrassing).

So, i don't think it's awkward to be accepted into all those leagues and tournaments, and do well enough to move on to the next level when it mattered. I think buying into an idea solely for the "name" is more awkward.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X