Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Soccer in Pasco/Hillsborough

Hi, all! My family JUST moved to Trinity and we are looking for a great competitive/academy program for our daughter (8). Could you provide some feedback on West Pasco v. GTBFC v. WFF (EastLake/Palm Harbor)?

Thanks in advance!

Before the Wolves set in...

West Pasco has been developing girls for the bigger clubs for years. Once the girls get old enough and have the need to be More competitive, then WFF/TBU will be your answer. More girls are flocking to the WFF ECNL umbrella. The TBU older age groups are graduating in the near future with the movement towards WFF. The problem is that WFF has not been known to develop at the earlier ages. Both TBU/WFF build their strong girls teams from all of the smaller clubs in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi, all! My family JUST moved to Trinity and we are looking for a great competitive/academy program for our daughter (8). Could you provide some feedback on West Pasco v. GTBFC v. WFF (EastLake/Palm Harbor)?

Thanks in advance!
      I would recommend staying away from GTBFC.

Comment

I would recommend staying away from GTBFC.
        Of course you would, troll!

Comment

Thanks in advance!
          Wondering if this is a legitimate inquiry or just an attempt at another string to bash GTBFC and/or West Pasco.

Comment

Shill

Funny this parent just moved to area but knows all the clubs and the acronyms - really did his/her homework - but not quite enough to know if the clubs are good.

Wondering if this is a legitimate inquiry or just an attempt at another string to bash GTBFC and/or West Pasco.

Comment

Wow!

WOW! Such animosity on this board. I am a legitimate poster...I have no dog in the fight. Acronyms aren't hard to find online , actual parent feedback is (for someone that doesn't know a soul in the area!). A website only tells you what the clubs want you to know, not the inside scoop. Perhaps I have chosen the wrong forum for mature responses. Thanks to those that gave me the unbiased feedback. It is extremely appreciated :-). Any other honest feedback, with support (not just don't go here - I'd like to know why) is greatly appreciated.

Comment

The best club in your area would be TBU, worth the drive to Ed Radice three days a week.
                If you had a boy, I would say drive down to the Chargers.
                Forget everything else..

Comment

Originally posted by Brightha View Post
                  Thanks to those that gave me the unbiased feedback. It is extremely appreciated :-).
                  All the feedback you received was all biased. Go visit the clubs and see which one works for you.

Comment

Thanks in advance!
                    Based on the under 9 girls teams from last year West Pasco was the best of the 3 mentioned above. If you are willing to drive farther you will find better teams.

Comment

Propbably TBU would be your best option! I would stay away from the USA League type of clubs like GTBFC, Rangers, and Wesley Chapel, they struggle to teach proper fundamentals and they have weak leadership in place.

Comment

Propbably TBU would be your best option! I would stay away from the USA League type of clubs like GTBFC, Rangers, and Wesley Chapel, they struggle to teach proper fundamentals and they have weak leadership in place.

I would stay away from TBU at the younger age levels. A lot of younger girls left the program last year.

Comment

TBU is NOT the place to go for serious female soccer players. But if your daughter is really serious then she should play under the West Florida programs. The goals for serious female players is to play ECNL when they are older and WFF in the Tampa Bay area is the only club that offers a chance to play in the most competitive female youth soccer league in the country.

Comment

TBU is NOT the place to go for serious female soccer players. But if your daughter is really serious then she should play under the West Florida programs. The goals for serious female players is to play ECNL when they are older and WFF in the Tampa Bay area is the only club that offers a chance to play in the most competitive female youth soccer league in the country.
                            This is U9 for goodness sakes. ECNL does not start until what U13 or U14?? Let's talk about development of the younger player, which many of the small clubs do just fine when given the chance. Sure the player may end up on the ECNL team, but if you look back at the current ECNL rosters, many were developed at the smaller clubs in the younger ages. How else do you explain only 15 players (for example) in the player pool at WFF at U9 Girls; which grows into 40-50 by the time they get older?? They come from the smaller clubs. I wouldn't pay $1200-$1500 to play U9; no thanks.

Comment

Sorry about all the crazies on this board. I feel your frustration and unfortunately the Tampa area is flooded with many leagues and teams teams and you can probably find great coaches at all of them as well as bad coaches at all of them. I would contact those that you are interested in and see if they have any openings as well as if they would be willing to have you practice with them so she can meet teammates and get a feel for the coaches and girls. I have 3 girls and what works for one is different then what works for another. You are not locked in to one team forever and during your season you will learn a lot and your daughter can decide where she wants to be. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X