Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

website

Does anyony have the link for all of the schedules?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Sean Penn (Jeff Spicoli)
      The Dude: Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to face the fact you're a goddamn moron.

Comment

Disney Pre-Season Bracket

One strong bracket and one not so strong. Any thoughts?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=14

Comment

So how many ocys purple parents were told by SB their kid would be moved up to ecnl and it's one big "pool"? Get ready for a wild ride parents. Don't say you weren't warned.
          None - never heard him say anything like that - he never said "their kid would be moved up to ecnl and it's one big pool."

Comment

The truth

None - never heard him say anything like that - he never said "their kid would be moved up to ecnl and it's one big pool."
            Yes. Both he and DT have said this. Player on SB team is double rostered. They both said it and I have been to this rodeo before at this club. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, PERIOD. We are giving it one tournament and then if things are a mess, we are out of here.

Comment

Yes. Both he and DT have said this. Player on SB team is double rostered. They both said it and I have been to this rodeo before at this club. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, PERIOD. We are giving it one tournament and then if things are a mess, we are out of here.
              I can guarantee that no player from FKK was told that they will be encl while at FKK.

Lions for life, suck it FKK.

Comment

Come On

I can guarantee that no player from FKK was told that they will be encl while at FKK.

Lions for life, suck it FKK.
                I am a OC parent, idiot. OC needs to follow through ONE time and not let the parents run the team.

Comment

I am a OC parent, idiot. OC needs to follow through ONE time and not let the parents run the team.
                  So am I jerk!

Comment

So am I jerk!
                    And it starts already. That didn't take long!

Comment

Bye, Obviously

Comment

Yes, some players are on the roster for more than one team. This is so that they can play up for development or as players are needed. Any player not on ENCL has never been promised spots, but have been told on occasion they may be provided an opportunity to play up. If they develop or show that they are playing at the ENCL level they can be moved up permanently. Lets face it, in a few days of tryouts you cannot always completely evaluate a player. OC coaches understand that and take steps to ensure all players are on the team best suited for them.

All that said, the coaches also publicly told the ENCL player that they can be moved down if they do play to the lever needed.

Comment

Feel free to take the OCYS - FKK turf war back to your other threads.

Every team has its pros and cons. As a parent we decide which team's pros out weighs its cons. Should be an interesting season with these other league available for this age group. Best of luck to all.

Comment

I would run screaming from any club that did not promote player movement between teams based on ability level. Is FKK going to use this concept as another means to bash OC?

Comment

I would run screaming from any club that did not promote player movement between teams based on ability level. Is FKK going to use this concept as another means to bash OC?
                              Should a u13 player make the u14 team if there are just as well qualified u14 players to choose from at tryouts? A u13 who is equal in skill to a u14 may be ahead but does mean better. What about social factors versus ability? The younger player will eventually go back and play on age. Do you think a club should allow younger players to come tryout for the year above if they have the ability?

Comment

Should a u13 player make the u14 team if there are just as well qualified u14 players to choose from at tryouts? A u13 who is equal in skill to a u14 may be ahead but does mean better. What about social factors versus ability? The younger player will eventually go back and play on age. Do you think a club should allow younger players to come tryout for the year above if they have the ability?
                                If it were my decision, it would depend on whether or not the U13 player could be sufficiently challenged playing on age, and whether or not the U14 player would be displaced to either a B team or lost completely. Is the U14 team at max capacity on the roster? Is the U13 really playing circles around everyone else at that age, or is the U13 team just weak? If the roster is full and you're talking about the "best" U13 in the club displacing the "worst" U14, then yes, I think I would play the U13 up. In the long run the development of that player will make more sense than carrying the U14. By U15 it will be more important to play with same school-grade players for college purposes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X