Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did any of these teams compete at major tournaments?
    Most of the teams mentioned played in the following tournaments as U9s:

West Pines
    Kelme
    Weston
    Disney Memorial

Comment

US

check you facts, I said 5 ft 9'
      the only player below 5ft 9 that you mentioned is Lahm, Ozil if 5ft 11 and Gotze is 5ft 9', but remember they have the giant Khedira who is nearly 6ft 4 in the middle to help, swensteiger if 6ft and Muller is 6ft 1' , Schuerrle os 6ft also
      If you are small be happy you play in south florida!!!! Big fast guys are playing basketball or football so be happy you have a place playing soccer
      These kids are only 8 or 9 years old. You have no idea what kind of size they're going to grow into. Until they all do get together and play a common tournament we'll never know who's going to win this ******* match. Funny how one of the smallest guy on the pitch, goes by the name of Donovan, isn't tall but owns the scoring record for the USA.

Comment

Intersting conversation trying to see what all the hype is on a U10. Maybe everyone is trying to figure out the next years U11 best club to bring their kid to join !

Comment

These kids are only 8 or 9 years old. You have no idea what kind of size they're going to grow into. Until they all do get together and play a common tournament we'll never know who's going to win this ******* match. Funny how one of the smallest guy on the pitch, goes by the name of Donovan, isn't tall but owns the scoring record for the USA.
          This is just a reason why USA soccer is so bad, you just proved my point
          Donovan would not crack the rotation of any good teams except Everton and MLS

Any day a coach will take a bigger kid with skill over a small kid with skill
          Again you are below 5ft 9 you better be really good, really good

Comment

I don't know if you are right or wrong. But the statement was made the SFL kids are too small to win when they play statewide and I think that is completely wrong. As I said, 2014 OCYS had a great tournament. But if you look up the 2013 results, it was all south florida - SAA, Parma, Strike Force, Key Biscayne, Doral - and of course those giants from Rosario Argentina.
            I am right I am always right

Comment

This is just a reason why USA soccer is so bad, you just proved my point
              Donovan would not crack the rotation of any good teams except Everton and MLS

Any day a coach will take a bigger kid with skill over a small kid with skill
              Again you are below 5ft 9 you better be really good, really good
              Thank goodness Messi isn't a kid these days. The world would be missing out on years of spectacular play since he wouldn't get very far due to his height.

Comment

Thank goodness Messi isn't a kid these days. The world would be missing out on years of spectacular play since he wouldn't get very far due to his height.
                You still don't get it. Messi is amazing we will see one Messi every 100 yrs. I am telling you you need to be good really good if you are small. Messi has been amazing since he was 9 yrs old, for that level of talent size does not matter, for the Iniesta, Villa, Xavi size is not a problem. For the average Joe, being small is hard in soccer. You will sit ion the bench just go to a high school game or look at some rosters of men college

Comment

Hands down the best U10 2014-2015 team in Broward is West Pines, but in Miami it's Kendall Coalition.

Comment

Hands down the best U10 2014-2015 team in Broward is West Pines, but in Miami it's Kendall Coalition.
                    What is the basis by which you place Kendall Coalition rising U-10s at the top in Miami?

Comment

I'm not affiliated with them at all, so I just have their record to look at...U9 Dade league undefeated, playing U10 Dade league finalist, a couple of tournament wins.

Actually, its the only team that beat the so-called powerhouse WP team twice. I'm guessing they must be doing something right

Comment

Funny thing about this thread is the 04/05 OC team are generally all on the smaller side the coach seems to prefer that in a player.
                        You are absolutely right. Most of their players are short but they are very tenacious, great ball skills, and work very well both on an off the ball. They have a tremendous amount of speed which can nullify size WHEN the ball is at their feet and not in the air.

Comment

You are absolutely right. Most of their players are short but they are very tenacious, great ball skills, and work very well both on an off the ball. They have a tremendous amount of speed which can nullify size WHEN the ball is at their feet and not in the air.
                          Disagree about the speed. May have a couple players with decent speed, but overall not a fast athletic group. Do they play fast, yes because they are technically sound. I think this group will have its struggles (albeit still being very successful) due to their overall lack of size and athleticism.

Comment

Disagree about the speed. May have a couple players with decent speed, but overall not a fast athletic group. Do they play fast, yes because they are technically sound. I think this group will have its struggles (albeit still being very successful) due to their overall lack of size and athleticism.
                            I agree they are good players but if all are small it will be an issue as they play up 8v8 on bigger field. A couple small players is not bad but you will find a smaller back field is going to be a challenge. Ball will be played in the air more and shots harder to get. There is a difference between speed and quickness. Plus, the game gets more physical.

Comment

I agree they are good players but if all are small it will be an issue as they play up 8v8 on bigger field. A couple small players is not bad but you will find a smaller back field is going to be a challenge. Ball will be played in the air more and shots harder to get. There is a difference between speed and quickness. Plus, the game gets more physical.
                              You need one or two kids with size on the backline for 8v8. You also need a kid or two with elite speed.

Nothing wrong with smaller, skilled players playing as a 10, 7 or 11.

Don't know why this board seems to have an obsession with size. Must be we have a lot of parents of big kids with little skills. It's good to have a large center back and a large targetman (a number 9). Other than that, what's the obsession? It's all about skill. Are we discussing a different sport????

Comment

You all realize that you are talking about U10 and their size and speed, right? Obviously this is your first go around with raising soccer players. Whoever you think is fast and good now, will most likely be slow and not good at U14 and above. All of this talk about your U10 phenoms is a waste of time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X