This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All year? He did it once at year end to avoid a state cup disaster with a short roster. Followed state cup rules and had good tournament. Wish we could of been on that roster but were not. They chose Mako players instead. Kids had great time. All year? When else did this occur? It didn't. Sorry but team managers are supposed to find players. Ub combination should of happened earlier.
    Wellington Black, with a combined (FC Florida, Mako, Wellington) roster at Disney Memorial, lost to TBU Premier in the finals.

We have seen your "combined" teams several times throughout the year, and we are not impressed.

Comment

No FC needed

Wellington Black, with a combined (FC Florida, Mako, Wellington) roster at Disney Memorial, lost to TBU Premier in the finals.

We have seen your "combined" teams several times throughout the year, and we are not impressed.
      we did not use FC Florida players once this season. at Disney we used ONE Mako player who has also guest played for FC Florida. I am sure you probably know this. What, you just enjoy lying for fun? sad

Comment

All year? He did it once at year end to avoid a state cup disaster with a short roster. Followed state cup rules and had good tournament. Wish we could of been on that roster but were not. They chose Mako players instead. Kids had great time. All year? When else did this occur? It didn't. Sorry but team managers are supposed to find players. Ub combination should of happened earlier.
        ut

Sure and exactly many of those Mako kids got poached?
        I believe at least 2 out of the 5 that went (just to help them out of their little roster jam) fell for the scholorship bs that was thrown at them. Enjoy new club boys!

Comment

None

ut

Sure and exactly many of those Mako kids got poached?
          I believe at least 2 out of the 5 that went (just to help them out of their little roster jam) fell for the scholorship bs that was thrown at them. Enjoy new club boys!
          You seem to know. Maybe somebody at FC will listen. People don't pick FC for money 'bs'. They pick FC for training 'bs'. Your advice for a division one future college player would be to keep playing division 2? Who knows who will show up from Mako? They have to compete with a whole bunch of new players from Vero, West Palm and Gardens.

Comment

You're the one who seems to "know". Inform us as to why the training is so much better over there? Seems not long ago you wanted the guy from Mako! Now you'll just settle for his players. What makes you so sure that they were gonna play div 2? Oh yeah I forgot you took several of the players which would have helped them compete in div 1.

Comment

You don't get it

You're the one who seems to "know". Inform us as to why the training is so much better over there? Seems not long ago you wanted the guy from Mako! Now you'll just settle for his players. What makes you so sure that they were gonna play div 2? Oh yeah I forgot you took several of the players which would have helped them compete in div 1.
              You don't get it. I am close to the program. Not in the program. My point is that you seem to know much better than I do. You talk about this Mako thing like you are part of it. I am told that only one player will potentially come from Mako but I haven't seen him. We went to south tryout. There are at least 30 kids going for u14 if I assume the FSPL team has a theoretical 11. Most I see in south tryouts are division 2, but some really good. So maybe they play FSPL. I could care less about where kids come from, only that FC has a real premier team.

Comment

Oh I get it! You're the one who doesn't, yet!

Sorry for refering to you as FC (the club). You sort of make my point when you say you don't care where the kids come from. They don't either. That's why when Mako "helped" them create a roster for state cup there should have been some sort of understanding that neither team goes after the others players.

Comment

Rumor?

Is there any truth to the rumor that JT is moving out of the area? That would be the best thing for that club and allow them to build their team instead of constantly poaching the "next big thing."

Comment

all the best kids will be on academy teams...this is a second tier group now...Toros stayin g together are just trophy hunting

Comment

all the best kids will be on academy teams...this is a second tier group now...Toros stayin g together are just trophy hunting

The pre-academy teams from Weston did nothing this season in U13 and U14 State Cup

When the 2000 Academy teams go to tournaments like Disney Junior Showcase in November, or Annendale or Jefferson cup, they will have to play against non-Academy teams like Toros, Fire, FC Florida, and top out-of-state non-academy teams...all of whom have very good 99's playing for them.

The academy team parents will end up disappointed once again like they were in State Cup.

Comment

The pre-academy teams from Weston did nothing this season in U13 and U14 State Cup

When the 2000 Academy teams go to tournaments like Disney Junior Showcase in November, or Annendale or Jefferson cup, they will have to play against non-Academy teams like Toros, Fire, FC Florida, and top out-of-state non-academy teams...all of whom have very good 99's playing for them.

The academy team parents will end up disappointed once again like they were in State Cup.
                        Disney and other top tournaments are increasingly setting up Academy-only brackets that follow the rules of the Federation for the Academy: showcase-only and 3 matches over four days. So your assumption is pretty flawed based on what has already happened in the U16 and U18 ages.

Comment

You don't understand. Pre-Academy teams are very different from Academy in terms of leagues, levels, games, and training. The true Academy teams are not allowed to play in State Cup or any other competition where they would play against non-Academy teams. Pre-Academy is just a term that some of the clubs that have Academy use to draw kids in, but it really doesn't mean much except that they are probably going to use a number of those kids on an Academy team eventually maybe. They are only allowed to play other Academy teams. It is an environment for the highest level of club soccer in the US. US Soccer has many regulations that they impose on the Academy teams that range from playing time, to training, to number of games etc... Since the U14 age group for Academy will be new this coming fall I don't know what will happen with those teams, but I know that at the U16 and U18 games there is always someone from a college or from US Soccer watching the games. It has become the best way to be scouted. It's one of the reasons that ODP is going away.

Comment

No Truth

Is there any truth to the rumor that JT is moving out of the area? That would be the best thing for that club and allow them to build their team instead of constantly poaching the "next big thing."
                            No truth at all. I am sort of a friend of his from another club and we will be returning back to FC. He is very active working locally. He's been here longer than most and he will never leave his home. This poaching thing is stupid. People think he's behind all these moves? the guy is busy working. He volunteers his time and still donates money even as busy as he is. you are crazy about the mako thing. They helped out FC and were repeatedly thanked with a great state cup experience all paid for that they never will get at Mako. i am sure they had fun. No one was poached. The striker family flirts with every one and would never admit to say they were Mako. Free agents and they are going to somewhere else. The rest are probably all staying with Mako or going somewhere else. big numbers at FC try-outs from people unhappy with their other clubs. FC has best coaches this year. maybe next year different. but this year way better. you dont know him. saying that people should stop giving breaks and experiences to kids is just ignorant. I would say 'keep building JT' but i know he's not as active as you say.

Comment

So that everyone understands explain what you mean by your comment that these players were given experience that was all paid for. And then you say that they'd never get this experience at Mako. Why not? If the Mako coach did the same thing that FC did, they potentially would have done just as well.

Comment

Well?

So that everyone understands explain what you mean by your comment that these players were given experience that was all paid for. And then you say that they'd never get this experience at Mako. Why not? If the Mako coach did the same thing that FC did, they potentially would have done just as well.
                                State cup rules say you can only pick up 5. FC had 10. Mako came with 5. To do the same thing, Mako would have to show up with 10 State Cup level players. That has not been possible in recent years. Why are you so hung up on this? Everyone had a great time. Two clubs cooperated for two tournaments in FC jerseys and two tournaments in Mako colors. Now it's over.

Comment

Working...
                                X