Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    WOW. Let it go already. It's not going to change anytime soon. If the parents feel they were scammed they have until July 31 to cancel their contracts and can go elsewhere. That probably wont happen because Dunedin is not the first choice for competitive players OR the players are happy playing less competitive soccer and want to play with their friends (and let's face it - Dunedin is not a powerhouse by any stretch). Either way there's enough blame to go around. The outgoing board was corrupt and didn't help the financial stability of the club. The new guy is holding on but not suited for the job and the loud-mouth parents on this site (which sound like ex-board members with an ax to grid) are more content to throw rocks at the very problem they helped create. Here's how you fix it... get personally involved. Go to the board meetings and help fix the problems. If your help is not accepted, find a new club. The effort the one or two people that are putting into this ridiculous thread should have been used before they got asked to leave. Move on and enjoy where your kid is now (PCU?)
    First of all, the Dunedin Board of Directors would have to willing to take advice from the parents and secondly they would have to become more transparent which is something they will not do. You're talking about a current Board of Directors that decided to have a open election for all Board positions, so that any member of the club could vote, but once they saw that the were going to be losing their positions, they changed the rules. Instead of an open vote, it became a process where any of the new people had to be approved by the President and the Treasurer (his spouse) and they alone would assign the person to a position on the Board of their choosing. Does this sound like an ethical club? Obviously, you're affiliated with the current regime if you're trying to blame all of the problems at Dunedin on past members of the Board. Stand up and hold the leadership accountable for the situation at hand. It has become embarrassing that the current group leading the club forced Don tobin out and then tried their best to defame him and minimize his 18 years of contributions to Dunedin. Can you believe they still don't have a DOC to replace Don, no one wants the job because they have heard the horror stories of the current leadership. I too feel bad for the competitive kids that are left at Dunedin, they are getting next to no training and their parents are still paying full price.

Comment

What the majority of people are saying is true, we came back and our son plays on a Senior level team and it's a mess. We really don't know if we have enough players to play the season, but the club has registered us for Division 2, we were 1 last year, but our talent level has been decimated. Like others here, we have had multiple practices and have not had any additional trainers or a DOC, I was personally told at tryouts that there would be more team training this year, but nothing has materialized and the subject of additional has been basically dropped The club should of really kept Don, while he had his faults, at least the kids were getting some decent training instead of getting no training now outside of what the head coach is able to provide.

Comment

What the majority of people are saying is true, we came back and our son plays on a Senior level team and it's a mess. We really don't know if we have enough players to play the season, but the club has registered us for Division 2, we were 1 last year, but our talent level has been decimated. Like others here, we have had multiple practices and have not had any additional trainers or a DOC, I was personally told at tryouts that there would be more team training this year, but nothing has materialized and the subject of additional has been basically dropped The club should of really kept Don, while he had his faults, at least the kids were getting some decent training instead of getting no training now outside of what the head coach is able to provide.
        I don't get what the holdup is in hiring a DOC, they had to have some people interested when Tobin left or was forced out, why didn't they pull the trigger then? I sure hope their not going to follow the Oldsmar Club plan of having no DOC, this plan has failed and almost every competitive team at Oldsmar is terrible. I would think they would have a DOC in place once al lthe teams start practicing this fall.

Comment

Oldsmar went out and got licensed coaches from what I understand. And they also have Amani Waker as a club trainer. I'm not at the club but my friends have kids on multiple teams and they love it. Oldsmar isn't a division 1 club but the leadership seems to be accepted and they have been fielding 12-14 teams every year. Every club has it share of crappy teams and a few good ones too. You need to find what fits best and move forward. Bashing only makes you look disgruntled. We found happiness at WFF. It works for us but I know people that hate the club for many reasons. Bad coach, hate the board, parent drama. It's at every club at some level. Feel bad for Dunedin but you always have options especially in north Pinellas.

Comment

Oldsmar went out and got licensed coaches from what I understand. And they also have Amani Waker as a club trainer. I'm not at the club but my friends have kids on multiple teams and they love it. Oldsmar isn't a division 1 club but the leadership seems to be accepted and they have been fielding 12-14 teams every year. Every club has it share of crappy teams and a few good ones too. You need to find what fits best and move forward. Bashing only makes you look disgruntled. We found happiness at WFF. It works for us but I know people that hate the club for many reasons. Bad coach, hate the board, parent drama. It's at every club at some level. Feel bad for Dunedin but you always have options especially in north Pinellas.
            Let's fact check your comments: First of all, Oldsmar has a total of 7 competitive teams for all age groups, that is basically only giving around 30% of all age groups the opportunity to play competitive soccer. Even with losing about 8 teams, Dunedin will still have about 12 teams for competitive soccer this upcoming season.

Oldsmar has horrendous teams only one team at the whole club is ranked in the top 50 by Got Soccer, the majority of teams of ranked near the bottom of their perspective age groups with such rankings as 218th, 175th 104th, etc.,.

Oldsmar has parent coaches at the competitive level, simply licensing a coach doesn't make them an effective coach and the numbers at Oldsmar seem to indicate that the teams lack decent coaching.

Oldsmar is not an option for the majority of competitive kids unless they want to play on teams that are basically rec teams that masquerade as competitive teams.

You may have a trainer, but the lack of a DOC has shown up when the teams take the field, for the most part they are lacking in basic skills and in most cases finish at the bottom of the table for their respective divisions. If anything, Oldsmar not having a DOC in place further backs up the point that its foolish to offer competitive soccer without a DOC in place.

Dunedin is probably at the lowest point they have been in many years and the leadership is lacking at the club, but even now the club is more advanced than Oldsmar and the teams play at higher levels. A better more equal comparison to Oldsmar would be Tarpon Springs another bottom tier club.

At some point, new leadership will take over at Dunedin and will get back to growing the club and the new leadership will more than likely be looking to appoint a DOC in order to get back to being a soccer club instead of the nonsense that is taking place now

Comment

Well last night had another practice, again no new trainers, and no DOC named. So, we have now had three weeks of practice and the promise of increased professional training is looking like a bold face lie.

Comment

Let's fact check your comments: First of all, Oldsmar has a total of 7 competitive teams for all age groups, that is basically only giving around 30% of all age groups the opportunity to play competitive soccer. Even with losing about 8 teams, Dunedin will still have about 12 teams for competitive soccer this upcoming season.

Oldsmar has horrendous teams only one team at the whole club is ranked in the top 50 by Got Soccer, the majority of teams of ranked near the bottom of their perspective age groups with such rankings as 218th, 175th 104th, etc.,.

Oldsmar has parent coaches at the competitive level, simply licensing a coach doesn't make them an effective coach and the numbers at Oldsmar seem to indicate that the teams lack decent coaching.

Oldsmar is not an option for the majority of competitive kids unless they want to play on teams that are basically rec teams that masquerade as competitive teams.

You may have a trainer, but the lack of a DOC has shown up when the teams take the field, for the most part they are lacking in basic skills and in most cases finish at the bottom of the table for their respective divisions. If anything, Oldsmar not having a DOC in place further backs up the point that its foolish to offer competitive soccer without a DOC in place.

Dunedin is probably at the lowest point they have been in many years and the leadership is
                lacking at the club, but even now the club is more advanced than Oldsmar and the teams play at higher levels. A better more equal comparison to Oldsmar would be Tarpon Springs another bottom tier club.

At some point, new leadership will take over at Dunedin and will get back to growing the club and the new leadership will more than likely be looking to appoint a DOC in order to get back to being a soccer club instead of the nonsense that is taking place now
                Well you certainly have your opinions on every single club in Pinellas . It's almost getting to the point where it looks like you are so pissed off and crazy that you might go out to one of these clubs you hate so much and do something really bad . Please get some help it's only kids soccer . 90% of the kids and parents at all these clubs you target are happy and playing at a level they enjoy , nothing you say is going to make any difference . Which is what worries me what happens when next year Oldsmar , Celtic , Dunedin , PCU are still in business will you need to show everyone how right you are , will we be reading about you on the front page of the newspaper .

Comment

Dunedin is probably at the lowest point they have been in many years and the leadership is lacking at the club, but even now the club is more advanced than Oldsmar and the teams play at higher levels. A better more equal comparison to Oldsmar would be Tarpon Springs another bottom tier club.

I would hope no club would use Oldsmar as a role model, their program has been on life support for years.

Comment

Well last night had another practice, again no new trainers, and no DOC named. So, we have now had three weeks of practice and the promise of increased professional training is looking like a bold face lie.
                    You made the wrong choice going to Dunedin for competitive soccer, your kid won't get any additional training outside their head coach this season because the club has no money to pay for training. You might get the President of the club as your trainer, but keep in mind, there is a reason why the team he coaches has only won 3 games in two years.

Comment

Please for the love of God....... Move on already.

Comment

I love Dunedin I think the greatest thing was getting rid of Don Frank Petrey Lisa Karen Amy Dan Jamie Daniel Jason Mike and his loud ass in laws and his ridiculous wife Jen. I hope the smoking hot Asian soccer mom that wears nothing but spandex all the time stayed she is smoking hot!!! She should be president!!!!

Comment

FYSA Shut Down Dunedin.

Comment

I would hope no club would use Oldsmar as a role model, their program has been on life support for years.
                            Don't be a hater. Oldsmar has their act together and knows their place in the crazy soccer world that is Pinellas County. Your club went south due to bad leadership. Sounds like you may have had a hand in that with all your sour grapes. The FYSA AGM is next weekend, why don't you make a motion from the floor to officially pull Dunedin's affiliation? No joke. Stand up in public and let everyone see you battle for your club. Probably won't happen though. Way too easy to bash from the security of a website that no one even remotely takes seriously. You were entertaining at first but now your just an old Jewish women that likes the sound of her voice. We're all starting to worry about you. Move on and learn to hate your new club.

Comment

Keep us posted about what training your child is receiving, I spoke to a city Commissioner and she said that the commission was told by Jeff that the training would be above and beyond the training that the kids received under Tobin. Let us know about what training your child gets this week, it might be time for Julie to visit the soccer fields to see for herself that she and the rest of the community were told a lie by Jeff.

Comment

Don't be a hater. Oldsmar has their act together and knows their place in the crazy soccer world that is Pinellas County. Your club went south due to bad leadership. Sounds like you may have had a hand in that with all your sour grapes. The FYSA AGM is next weekend, why don't you make a motion from the floor to officially pull Dunedin's affiliation? No joke. Stand up in public and let everyone see you battle for your club. Probably won't happen though. Way too easy to bash from the security of a website that no one even remotely takes seriously. You were entertaining at first but now your just an old Jewish women that likes the sound of her voice. We're all starting to worry about you. Move on and learn to hate your new club.
                                You lose all credibility when you make stupid comments like Oldsmar has their act together. Oldsmar has been spinning their wheel for nearly five years and getting no where. Someone above posted how the teams did at Oldsmar and the results were very bad, these kids would of been better served than playing in a competitive league and getting drilled week in and week out. Oldsmar lacks direction, all coaches at Oldsmar are parent coaches which in itself is alarming. The club has not utilized a DOC for quite some time, and it shows on the field, go watch any of the Oldsmar teams play in a competitive league, they lack basic fundamental skills. What is happening at Dunedin right now is really a shame, the club had a decent reputation for a small club, but everyone knew about Tobin and respected the club. From what I have read on here, it sounds like the club is being torn down on the competitive side, because the leaders of the club want to make the club a recreational soccer club. I try not to judge for at least 6 months but what I am reading here about not have a DOC and no training for club teams is very discouraging. Hopefully, the leadership will wake up and realize that they need to step up their game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X