Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are wrong, wrong, and wrong!! No scouts will be on hand. Do you really think this? This is the problem with this program, FALSE HOPES!
    You must pay for your Spain trip and the idea kids are asked to stay in Spain is just funny, unless you mean to attend one of their summer camps you pay for. Barcelona is the worlds best marketed sports franchise in the history of sports. Well done Barcelona!
    I agree with this. To think that you will be scouted here or in Spain from this shows you have very limited knowledge of the soccer world in Europe. You have any idea how clubs like Barcelona scout ? I promise your kid has 0.00 % chance of ever getting seen from this school.

This is just marketing at it's finest. Stop dreaming....

Comment

I tend to agree if your kid is good they will be found regardless of this academy ! It is a lot of work no kid just blows up and becomes a found talent it is year after year of work training etc.... Dreamers !

Comment

You are wrong, wrong, and wrong!! No scouts will be on hand. Do you really think this? This is the problem with this program, FALSE HOPES!
        You must pay for your Spain trip and the idea kids are asked to stay in Spain is just funny, unless you mean to attend one of their summer camps you pay for. Barcelona is the worlds best marketed sports franchise in the history of sports. Well done Barcelona!
        This was a few years back and he was from one of the eastern barca schools, maybe Philippines or India. Nevertheless, the boy was one of the twelve select for his age group to represent his school at the International Barca tournament in Spain, and he was asked to stay and he did. Where is he now I have no idea.

As a parent, I would not relocate our family if we got a call from a big club overseas for our preteen child. Most wish this, but many do not understand the ramifications involved. No one should be going to the Fl Barca school with this mentality, but if there was somehow a Messi type talent here, I am sure the academy would notify someone. This is the business they are in.

Comment

I think the idea is great as long as the training is good. Kids can still play w/ their club and get additional training through this program. I wish they were not so far from us or I would have had my son tryout.

Comment

I know of one older boy moving down from the north east US. I was also told that many players from the west coast, naples/ fort myers will be making the commute each practice.

If you are looking to compete, this might not be the right program for that. This is a developmental school focused only on teaching the necessary skills to compete when a child becomes a teenager and plays 11 v 11. As clubs focus more on the team, and do very little skill work. FC Barca has a curriculum that is the same around thee world. Each player will be learning how to beat a player 1 v 1, create space, defend, shoot, etc. These are the same lessons that messi and many others in barca went through. How many club coaches do lessons on how to shoot properly?

This is not the type of program were parents will be pacing thee side lines and screaming. Though it is possible to be in the barca school and still play for a club, fl barca will be a learning environment, instead of a competitive one. No screaming coaches here. Saturday games will provide competition and a way for the player to be examined in a game, without the yelling and pressure to win.

The bigger question what I am hearing on this site is what are the level of the kids attending? No, they are not at the rec level. Many players were not excepted, and at a minimum, they would have to be an average to high division two player. There are many solid div I players enrolled, but as most know, many kids can compete at div i because of their effort and intensity, not knowledge and level of skill. It is very possible that many div ii level kids pass the div i kids in a season. At the end of the season, barca will select 12 players from each age group to play in a tournament in spain, with all the other barca schools from around the world. Obviously, scouts will be on hand, and yes, players have been asked to stay in spain.
            I agree with much of the Barca escola approach and have had discussed with youth coaches from spain (not barca) about youth soccer in the u.s. vs. spain and the fact that teaching comes first is really a large part of what is missing. our system focuses on parent-first competition from about 8 yrs old onwards. I say parent-focused b/c the insanity shown by your average u6-u10 parent is really disproportionate to the importance of the event in the future success of your child, soccer or otherwise. it seems like the entire event is about entertaining the parents, not about the kids learning. then, when soccer really should pick up (13+) when in spain they really take it seriously, most kids here are either burnt out or move on to other sports. seems like we have it backwards. we need to place less emphasis on winning at this young age and more emphasis on quality games and performance at 13 plus.

unfortunately, I am not putting my kids in barca escola, not b/c they couldn't make it, I am confident in their abilities, but b/c heading about to Lauderhill from Miami-dade 3-4 times a week is loco.

Comment

I agree with much of the Barca escola approach and have had discussed with youth coaches from spain (not barca) about youth soccer in the u.s. vs. spain and the fact that teaching comes first is really a large part of what is missing. our system focuses on parent-first competition from about 8 yrs old onwards. I say parent-focused b/c the insanity shown by your average u6-u10 parent is really disproportionate to the importance of the event in the future success of your child, soccer or otherwise. it seems like the entire event is about entertaining the parents, not about the kids learning. then, when soccer really should pick up (13+) when in spain they really take it seriously, most kids here are either burnt out or move on to other sports. seems like we have it backwards. we need to place less emphasis on winning at this young age and more emphasis on quality games and performance at 13 plus.
              I could not agree more. Most coaches of preteen players are focused on winning games, since no coach likes to have a losing record. So they try to win, instead of teaching the kids how to play correctly and work on individual skills. Though this program is expensive, I am confident they will develop the players properly, under a respectful and regimented program.

Comment

I could not agree more. Most coaches of preteen players are focused on winning games, since no coach likes to have a losing record. So they try to win, instead of teaching the kids how to play correctly and work on individual skills. Though this program is expensive, I am confident they will develop the players properly, under a respectful and regimented program.
                yes, but can't you do something, on a smaller scale, in Miami-dade? Sort of like a satellite of the Lauderhill mother ship. This would open up the escola to Miami-dade residents. we can't spend the amount of time in traffic it takes to get there.

Comment

Its all about sacrifices when aiming high !!!!

Comment

Its all about sacrifices when aiming high !!!!
                    What the heck are you talking about? An hour drive to Lauderhill - there and back - from Miami-Dade, so, 2 hrs a day. 3 times a week. That's 6 additional hours. When does my kid do his homework? You think I can control him, review his work, as I drive? What about my other kids that don't play soccer? School comes first. If you don't agree with that, you are one of the many delusional fools on TS. This is a sport; not a cult.

There is a less than 1% chance your kid or my kid ever earns a dollar, not one stinking dollar, with his feet. And even if he does earn some salary, the possibility he earns a significant salary is less than another 1% of those that make it.

I would love for him to play in college and my son is very talented in this sport. But to get into a good college and play, guess what, school comes first.

Comment

What the heck are you talking about? An hour drive to Lauderhill - there and back - from Miami-Dade, so, 2 hrs a day. 3 times a week. That's 6 additional hours. When does my kid do his homework? You think I can control him, review his work, as I drive? What about my other kids that don't play soccer? School comes first. If you don't agree with that, you are one of the many delusional fools on TS. This is a sport; not a cult.

There is a less than 1% chance your kid or my kid ever earns a dollar, not one stinking dollar, with his feet. And even if he does earn some salary, the possibility he earns a significant salary is less than another 1% of those that make it.

I would love for him to play in college and my son is very talented in this sport. But to get into a good college and play, guess what, school comes first.

You are right and I agree with you 100%. But if everyone thought that way and did not take a chance there would be no soccer players in the world....

But yes I agree with you school comes first... Good luck !!!

Comment

Then why are you even on this site? So you can tell everyone how important school should be? We all get it!

Comment

lol, 1 hr commute BFD, thousands of players across the country travel a heck of a lot more than that to practice. 1 hr that's nothing. play rec

Comment

lol, 1 hr commute BFD, thousands of players across the country travel a heck of a lot more than that to practice. 1 hr that's nothing. play rec
                            dude, we are talking about kids that are u12 or younger. escola does not go beyond u12. so to make that kind of sacrifice for a kid that is a u12 or younger is a bit misplaced, don't you think? these are 8,9,10, 11 yr olds. you don't even know what kind of player they will be at 14.

I agree, if my son is a beast at 15, 16, I'll make the hour drive, and maybe much more. I'll travel to college showcases, spend a summer in Europe, etc. It's worth the sacrifice b/c you know you have a player on your hands. But at this age? do you even have a background in soccer? I do. I know not to get too excited until kids are u13 or older. anything under that age, you don't know your kid will be a star and warrant the sacrifice and additional strain on schoolwork.

Comment

Then why are you even on this site? So you can tell everyone how important school should be? We all get it!
                              No, unfortunately, most do not get it.

Comment

Things are not how I thought, and that's not good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X