Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What happened to development? Watch this age group surprise many of you. You have a staff who consistently develop the youth and will make this team better.
    That what's so unusual about this group. All of the other age groups surrounding 03/04(04/05, 02/03, 01/02) have been good for the last few years. They weren't suddenly developed at U11. Talent in the 03/04 age is more fragmented, in my opinion, than in any other age group. Unfortunately for OCYS not much of that talent is currently at OCYS. They'll teach them to pass well and they'll all be technically sound, but I don't think they'll be very good until they add several new players. Did they happen to get any new kids at tryouts this year?

Comment

That what's so unusual about this group. All of the other age groups surrounding 03/04(04/05, 02/03, 01/02) have been good for the last few years. They weren't suddenly developed at U11. Talent in the 03/04 age is more fragmented, in my opinion, than in any other age group. Unfortunately for OCYS not much of that talent is currently at OCYS. They'll teach them to pass well and they'll all be technically sound, but I don't think they'll be very good until they add several new players. Did they happen to get any new kids at tryouts this year?
      Yes - two or three kids from Brevard and others from Orlando area.

Comment

Yes - two or three kids from Brevard and others from Orlando area.
        That was the Rush not OC.

Comment

I was just looking at the schedule for the Disney Pre-season tournament. I'd like to congratulate OCYS 03/04 Purple I and Purple II for attempting their first tournament not hosted by OCYS. This is a big first step. Good luck to you both.

Comment

I was just looking at the schedule for the Disney Pre-season tournament. I'd like to congratulate OCYS 03/04 Purple I and Purple II for attempting their first tournament not hosted by OCYS. This is a big first step. Good luck to you both.
            Link?

Comment

http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?EventID=35790

Comment

Winner will be between ACYS, Maitland and Creeks. Should be a pretty good tournament, too bad Rush isn't there. Would be an even better tournament with them.

Comment

Winner will be between ACYS, Maitland and Creeks. Should be a pretty good tournament, too bad Rush isn't there. Would be an even better tournament with them.
                  Looks like Creeks vs. Central Florida. Almost a Region Cup preview without Fl Rush & JFC. For Disney tourney, I'd take Creeks. However, I agree, ACYS and Maitland only other teams that could win it.

Interested to see the scorelines of the OCYS disney beatdown. Although it looks like they are in the weaker of the 2 groups. They could possibly squeak a semifinal appearance and claim it as a successful wknd. LOL! All roads point to OCYS as they get older, but till then the 03/04 's will take their licks against any of the top 5 or 6 top region teams.

Comment

Looks like Creeks vs. Central Florida. Almost a Region Cup preview without Fl Rush & JFC. For Disney tourney, I'd take Creeks. However, I agree, ACYS and Maitland only other teams that could win it.

Interested to see the scorelines of the OCYS disney beatdown. Although it looks like they are in the weaker of the 2 groups. They could possibly squeak a semifinal appearance and claim it as a successful wknd. LOL! All roads point to OCYS as they get older, but till then the 03/04 's will take their licks against any of the top 5 or 6 top region teams.

It is a pre season tournament so I would not put a ton of stock in who wins this Tournament! By Region Cup many teams will rise and some will fall off over the year.

Comment

How can OC 1 be in the weaker group, playing ACYS, FKK top team and GOSA who I can assure you are a good team. How the brackets stand the chaos and creeks are already through to the next round as FKK II and OCYS II are legit b level teams

Comment

How can OC 1 be in the weaker group, playing ACYS, FKK top team and GOSA who I can assure you are a good team. How the brackets stand the chaos and creeks are already through to the next round as FKK II and OCYS II are legit b level teams
                        Brackets are ridiculous. FKK white and OC 2 both played 6v6 last year. How they ended up on the same side of the bracket makes me think someone had some influence over Dinsey in setting it up this way.

Comment

It is a pre season tournament so I would not put a ton of stock in who wins this Tournament! By Region Cup many teams will rise and some will fall off over the year.
                          Agree with this. This will be the first time some of the teams have played a full-sided game since May of last year. They are all likely to be a little rusty.

Comment

I've heard GOSA is going to struggle. They'll likely have 8 year olds playing on this team. They keep moving all over town and keep dropping players every time they move. I don't expect GOSA to be very solid until they find a permanent home.

Comment

I've heard GOSA is going to struggle. They'll likely have 8 year olds playing on this team. They keep moving all over town and keep dropping players every time they move. I don't expect GOSA to be very solid until they find a permanent home.
                              GOSA will guest play as many players as possible from all over, I would expect them to do well as they always do well in tourneys due to the high amount of guest players.

Comment

I don't believe that OCYS has already established which 10/11 year old boys are on either 1 or 2 at this point, correct?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X