X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call BS on Hope Solo suspension

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stor...lympics-082416

This should have happend last year BEFORE the World Cup but didn't because US would probably not have won it without her in goal!

It is a bit harsh.

Comment

I see a WWE contract in her future

Comment

I agree, it is BS and sexist. A guy would never be fired for these comments. Admit it, the Swedish team was afraid of playing the US in an open game, they knew they could not compete. Some could call it cowardly. I think the US team was outcoached. Sweden knew they did not match up, came up with a game plan, parked the bus, and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          It is a bit harsh.
          It clearly a make up for the (many) prior things that she should have been suspended for (multiple arrests, hubby and her drunk joy riding in US soccer vehicle, etc), but whatever. She deserves every second. Trash finds the floor sooner or later and karma is a bitch.

Comment

She can now work on her sex tape.
            "Roast Beef Gone Wild"

Comment

She can now work on her sex tape.
              "Roast Beef Gone Wild"
              She can be the spokesperson for Arby's

Comment

I agree, it is BS and sexist. A guy would never be fired for these comments. Admit it, the Swedish team was afraid of playing the US in an open game, they knew they could not compete. Some could call it cowardly. I think the US team was outcoached. Sweden knew they did not match up, came up with a game plan, parked the bus, and it worked.
                Agree. Not even a Solo fan, per se, but ridiculous to fire an athlete for calling the other team cowards. We wouldn't even put a two year old on a time out for that! Never would fire a man for that in a million years. Sexist & retaliation for equal pay demands. If Solo isn't good enough to make the team at the next try outs, so be it but REALLY?

Comment

Agree. Not even a Solo fan, per se, but ridiculous to fire an athlete for calling the other team cowards. We wouldn't even put a two year old on a time out for that! Never would fire a man for that in a million years. Sexist & retaliation for equal pay demands. If Solo isn't good enough to make the team at the next try outs, so be it but REALLY?
                  The suspension is harsh but if she were a man she would have been suspended from the game a long time ago.

Comment

I agree. And she's represented on the team for 17 years and all the positive she has done for USWNT. People talk smack in soccer and after heated games. Too bad they interviewed her immediately after the Olympics game where she may have took the burden of the game and felt responsible for the loss. Lots of pressure in that game and she made a mistake in her comments, but I don't believe it warrants terminating her contract. There should be an Appeal.

Comment

Looks like Hope is going to be Solo on this one

Comment

I am still angry that the USWNT didn’t boot her for her domestic abuse arrest prior to last year's World Cup. And booting her for that and not this sends the wrong message.

Comment

Yea, they don't need her now...

Comment

Could be curtains for Ms. Solo. Beef curtains.

Comment

Could be curtains for Ms. Solo. Beef curtains.
                              LOL
                              Keep them coming!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X