Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents on sideline at practice

I know for tryouts parents at some clubs parents are not allowed on the sidelines; does this extend to practice during the regular season for any Florida Clubs.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know for tryouts parents at some clubs parents are not allowed on the sidelines; does this extend to practice during the regular season for any Florida Clubs.
    Why would it? Some parents actually enjoy spending time watching their kids do what they love

Comment

I travel a long way to practice for my kid. I sit and watch to see how the practice goes and who shows up,the whole ball of wax. I don't need to go someplace to drink. Or eat or Starbucks coffee. Also I pay for this SH t. I am going to sit and watch. O I have seen kids get hurt very bad and you can't find a parent anywhere and the kid goes off in the meat wagon. Or a storm that comes in and closes the fields. Then coaches have to wait for their parents to come pick them up an hour later. I am watching how my monies are working and there for any kid that may needs help. I give a damn about mine.

Comment

I travel a long way to practice for my kid. I sit and watch to see how the practice goes and who shows up,the whole ball of wax. I don't need to go someplace to drink. Or eat or Starbucks coffee. Also I pay for this SH t. I am going to sit and watch. O I have seen kids get hurt very bad and you can't find a parent anywhere and the kid goes off in the meat wagon. Or a storm that comes in and closes the fields. Then coaches have to wait for their parents to come pick them up an hour later. I am watching how my monies are working and there for any kid that may needs help. I give a damn about mine.
        Spot on!! Some parents could care less and always just drops off their kid. Never attending any practices or games.

Comment

Spot on!! Some parents could care less and always just drops off their kid. Never attending any practices or games.
          Some of us are busy and are trying to utilize our time efficiently.

Oh, and some of us aren't control freaks and don't feel the need to supervise everything our kids do. If you have confidence in the program and coach and most importantly your kid you shouldn't feel the need to be there all the time.

Comment

Some of us are busy and are trying to utilize our time efficiently.

Oh, and some of us aren't control freaks and don't feel the need to supervise everything our kids do. If you have confidence in the program and coach and most importantly your kid you shouldn't feel the need to be there all the time.
            Depends on the situation. Our team's coach is the first one to leave, and kids better have backups for storms or when the practice ends early. It isn't the safest fields with lights for kids to wait out at night. Sometimes when I think I might run a quick errand another mom will say can you keep an eye out for my child while I drive to go get another one of my children.

Comment

I go to all the games I can (multiple kids means conflicts but my wife and I do our best) but don't feel the need to watch practices regularly. If I think there's an issue (and my kids talk openly about things that happen at practices) I'll observe, but otherwise I trust the coach is doing what they should be doing. The results show on the field and the giant grin on my kids' faces when they get in the car.

Besides, with multiple kids, work etc I can use practice time to get things done so I have more time for my family later on. Kids need to have things separate from their parents

Comment

Oh you'll do great when your kid goes off to college

Comment

Depends on the situation. Our team's coach is the first one to leave, and kids better have backups for storms or when the practice ends early. It isn't the safest fields with lights for kids to wait out at night. Sometimes when I think I might run a quick errand another mom will say can you keep an eye out for my child while I drive to go get another one of my children.
                  Of course you always need a backup in case of emergencies, but no need to hover

Comment

I love watching but we have to stay waaaaayyyy back! Hard to see anything..sucks cuz I like watching too. I understand though, most parents are OUT OF CONTROL and the louder they are, the less they seem to know about the game!

Comment

Of course you always need a backup in case of emergencies, but no need to hover
                      right it's a great time to exercise or read at the fields while waiting. if I drove home and back it would be a waste of time in the car.

Comment

Waiting in the car with it running annoys everyone including the players who want to hear the coach.

Comment

I trust the coach 100% but I love soccer and also watching my kids.
                          Anyone talking about hovering , control freak etc are parents that normally don't spend a lot of time with their kids, on or off the fields. Not having time doing it is one thing, but saying I trust the coach and all of that bs is just an excuse not wanting to spend time with your kids.

Comment

Waiting in the car with it running annoys everyone including the players who want to hear the coach.
                            How about not bringing that clunker to the fields...

As for staying and watching practice, nah, I know parents that do and that is fine, but I rather use that time to exercise...I stay within 5 minutes of the field and my daughter has a cell if needed. I just can't imagine sitting there watching every little thing...I guess I just don't see my child as my hobby.

Comment

Reasons not to watch soccer practice

Food for thought in this debate:
                              http://soccerparenting.com/2015/02/1...atch-practice/

Let the discussion continue!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X