Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you looking at the fields at the complex or just the grounds in your neighborhood? I would ask to look at the fields after 6 hours of no rain to be able to tell if the drainage is good. It can't keep the fields dry during the rain but should be close to drained and playable after a few hours or rain break. That is if it is the drainage system they claim it to be.
    Are a Drainage Engineer????

Comment

Are a Drainage Engineer????
      Well since you want to be a smart azz about it I own a large company that installs drainage systems for sports complexes. Since you ask!

Comment

Calm down boys we live in Lakewood Ranch it's not really been that bad here and for the next couple of days it's going to be wet but nothing dramatic .

Comment

Are you looking at the fields at the complex or just the grounds in your neighborhood? I would ask to look at the fields after 6 hours of no rain to be able to tell if the drainage is good. It can't keep the fields dry during the rain but should be close to drained and playable after a few hours or rain break. That is if it is the drainage system they claim it to be.
          Drainage doesn't matter when we are talking about constant rain (and I am discussing the fields) while typically I would say, yes, the drainage is most likely adequate, this is an uncommon situation with the amount of rain and the consistency of it.

The issue has less to do with the first couple of games, but the number of games and what the condition of saturated fields will at the end of the day. Again, it could not be an issue, but I would not be surprised to see a number of injuries do to the surface.

Comment

Drainage doesn't matter when we are talking about constant rain (and I am discussing the fields) while typically I would say, yes, the drainage is most likely adequate, this is an uncommon situation with the amount of rain and the consistency of it.

The issue has less to do with the first couple of games, but the number of games and what the condition of saturated fields will at the end of the day. Again, it could not be an issue, but I would not be surprised to see a number of injuries do to the surface.
            who cares about fields they will play or they will not end of story !!!!!!!

Comment

Calm down boys we live in Lakewood Ranch it's not really been that bad here and for the next couple of days it's going to be wet but nothing dramatic .
              Good, I hope it stays that way.

Comment

your a liar...

Well since you want to be a smart azz about it I own a large company that installs drainage systems for sports complexes. Since you ask!
                If so (which I doubt) answer me this.. What is the most common drainage structure used? Tell me what standards you use.

Comment

If so (which I doubt) answer me this.. What is the most common drainage structure used? Tell me what standards you use.
                  We commonly apply a Traditional Crown system with no more than a 1% slope.

Comment

Dear Lord Really??? THis will get boring real quick. In sports fields it has all to do with the field- Soccer, Baseball ETc. Then it is the soil. Is it native soil, semi native soil etc because native soils to FLA absorb water and hold it. THen, is there a sand base layer, is there multiple fall off slopes. Does the surrounding area wash into the field being bleachers, curb runoff etc. Way too many topics to go over.

This really is a stupid topic to turn this thread into. Noone cares my qualifications, only if the fields we are talking about has a "Best drainage system in the state". C-mon Dorothy, Stay on the yellow brick road with us.

Comment

These are their lower level teams. Top team is at Disney. I believe the elite team is a combo team of 99's and 98's The 99's on these teams did not make the top team playing U18. Still not sure why they would play them in the lower bracket. Many of the teams playing in the first bracket are true 99 teams. Who knows maybe the tournament decided where the teams should play?

TBU's U19 "A" team is playing at Disney. TBU U18 "A" team is not playing CC Labor Day Tourney. The two teams playing are a mix of all the U18 and U19 players who did not make the top teams either U18 or U19. It will be a fun tournament for them and for many their last Labor Day tournament.

Comment

With all the rain make sure you wear your boots and bring the bug spray.

Comment

it will be a messy weekend, last year players were swimming into nets.

Comment

it will be a messy weekend, last year players were swimming into nets.
                            Last year an afternoon storm came in canceling the later games on Saturday. We're talking 12 inches of rain this year.

Comment

With all the rain make sure you wear your boots and bring the bug spray.
                              I highly recommend Thermacell.

Comment

Let me ask you this.How big is that penis on top of your head?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X