• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bingo
    Where are the results?????????

Comment

Lakeland doesn't develop these players. Lakeland recruits girls from all the other small clubs are Polk County, sticking it to the girls who grew up in at LFC. Then when those recruits leave, LFC acts like they produced something. Cut me a break. LFC does nothing more than locates talent in Polk County for the bigger Clubs in Tampa and Orlando. All the while, local LFC girls get the shaft.
      The word "local" should be taken out of the conversation when talking about competitive or travel sports. Local pertains to Rec ball. Local pertains to high school sports. If a local player does not make the comp team, it's because they didn't put the time and effort in as the non-local.

Comment

Regarding female players, LFC is the best club between Brandon and Orlando. They have been able to help develop some talented players in the past 5-10 years. Especially when you consider the size of the city. Many of these players have gone out to larger, more competitive clubs and succeeded. At the senior level, LFC suffers from a talent drought. The club needs to find a way to retain these players now and in the future. The club has become a feeder program and the other clubs are reaping the benefits.

Wishing much success to LFC!

100% correct! Unless LFC wants to stay a feeder club. A bit of a shame since the talent is there and even when some players leave, there are many great players left. Grass is always greener right :p

Comment

This thread is a joke, posted by the same people who are doing everything they can to promote LFC as a business.

The club has systemic problems that are not being dealt with, and they are being ignored, while people just try to pump things up to get as much milk from the cash cow as they can.

LFC had billboards around promoting try-outs. How much did that cost?

Two years ago, some of the problems in the club came to a head, and at that time, you could see the number of threads on got soccer multiplying, with so many of them looking like this, just saying how everything is rosy at LFC.

Well, the TS posts about LFC are multiplying again. And only an ass would look at it and say that things are rosy.

This post is an underhanded sales tactic, trying to cover up real problems that exist, that have extisted for a long time - and have never been addressed.
          What a joke !!
          I think these posts are doing the opposite: they in fact are trying to throw mud on LFC.

What are some problems that you have with the club (except for billboards and players leaving in the senior ages as mentioned above)?

Comment

I think these posts are doing the opposite: they in fact are trying to throw mud on LFC.

What are some problems that you have with the club (except for billboards and players leaving in the senior ages as mentioned above)?
            His biggest problem is his daughter couldn't make the A team.

Comment

His biggest problem is his daughter couldn't make the A team.
              You could state the problem brashly like that if you wanted, but that is the problem.

Local families who have been with LFC are dumped and picked up depending on who the club can attract and who the club loses. My kid started in LFC rec at age 5, and was developed up. We as a family have been loyal to LFC, but there is no loyalty in soccer anymore. There is no home-town club in soccer anymore. One post above says that we should not even think of soccer as "local" anymore.

So, what are we left with? A club that is feeding all this parents from neighboring towns BS about how their kid can be the next Mia Hamm, and the local families get trampled. When they can import a prospect for a season, sorry you get moved to another team, or you have to play Rec. Oh, the hot prospect left LFC for another club, we need you back on this team now. Kids who have been loyal to LFC have their heads messed with.

If LFC is so great, then why do they keep bringing in kids from the other small clubs around us. Lakeland's population is almost half of the county. LFC should be able to train the kids in house. But that is NOT what happens.

LFC is not teaching teamwork or life lessons. It is turning all kids into mercenaries, willing to ditch any team, any friends, to win an extra trophy.

There was a time when LFC was community driven. When life lessons of sports and soccer were important. Now LFC is pretending to a development academy, and doing a poor job at it. And now there is absolutely no community. LFC could not careless about the kids from Lakeland. LFC cares ONLY about the kids who will win.

LFC is measure of everything wrong in youth sports across the country. Heaping pressure on kids to fulfill adult expectations about trophies. Sports are no longer about healthy exercise and teamwork, they are coaching careers, money, and trophies.

LFC once cared about the kids in the program. Daragh cares only about trophies and money.
              That is a fact.

Go ahead, TS community, ridicule me for wanting a community sports program in my team. Attack me because I don't care how many f***ing trophies my kid wins. You are all twisted.

LFC plays on public fields, which it rents at a discount rate from the city because LFC is "serving the community". BS. LFC only serves Daragh's ego.

Comment

You could state the problem brashly like that if you wanted, but that is the problem.

Local families who have been with LFC are dumped and picked up depending on who the club can attract and who the club loses. My kid started in LFC rec at age 5, and was developed up. We as a family have been loyal to LFC, but there is no loyalty in soccer anymore. There is no home-town club in soccer anymore. One post above says that we should not even think of soccer as "local" anymore.

So, what are we left with? A club that is feeding all this parents from neighboring towns BS about how their kid can be the next Mia Hamm, and the local families get trampled. When they can import a prospect for a season, sorry you get moved to another team, or you have to play Rec. Oh, the hot prospect left LFC for another club, we need you back on this team now. Kids who have been loyal to LFC have their heads messed with.

If LFC is so great, then why do they keep bringing in kids from the other small clubs around us. Lakeland's population is almost half of the county. LFC should be able to train the kids in house. But that is NOT what happens.

LFC is not teaching teamwork or life lessons. It is turning all kids into mercenaries, willing to ditch any team, any friends, to win an extra trophy.

There was a time when LFC was community driven. When life lessons of sports and soccer were important. Now LFC is pretending to a development academy, and doing a poor job at it. And now there is absolutely no community. LFC could not careless about the kids from Lakeland. LFC cares ONLY about the kids who will win.

LFC is measure of everything wrong in youth sports across the country. Heaping pressure on kids to fulfill adult expectations about trophies. Sports are no longer about healthy exercise and teamwork, they are coaching careers, money, and trophies.

LFC once cared about the kids in the program. Daragh cares only about trophies and money.
                That is a fact.

Go ahead, TS community, ridicule me for wanting a community sports program in my team. Attack me because I don't care how many f***ing trophies my kid wins. You are all twisted.

LFC plays on public fields, which it rents at a discount rate from the city because LFC is "serving the community". BS. LFC only serves Daragh's ego.
                OH MY GOD !!! Are you joking me?! The 1950s are over man. Community sports are long dead, and good riddance. Your kid can play soccer in gym class at school. Rec soccer is an outer waste of time, and exists for only one purpose, to locate kids that have real potential. No one trying to teach your kid anything. Everyone is trying to win. What do you expect!? This is the 21st Century. Get with times, you loser.

Comment

That is a fact.

You just defined competitive soccer. Every club wants to both develop existing players and attract new talent. When clubs performs better, more people come to those clubs.

Comment

That is a fact.

Well said

Comment

OH MY GOD !!! Are you joking me?! The 1950s are over man. Community sports are long dead, and good riddance. Your kid can play soccer in gym class at school. Rec soccer is an outer waste of time, and exists for only one purpose, to locate kids that have real potential. No one trying to teach your kid anything. Everyone is trying to win. What do you expect!? This is the 21st Century. Get with times, you loser.
                      Says Daragh himself

Comment

Case and point, what a jack ass statement! "Rec soccer is an outer waste of time" If that was the case you wouldn't even have the kids to tryout who have the talent. Soccer should ALWAYS be about fun (in rec) and development & fun in competitive you imbecile. You're part of the problem with LFC and not the solution.

Comment

That is a fact.

If a local player is bumped by an outsider, it's because the kid earned a spot. Earned the spot by putting in the extra hours and effort in getting better. If a player wants to improve, they must train beyond the 1-2 days required by the team. Senior players should be training at least 4-5 days a week. This includes training days with team and days on their own. This applies to all sports.

Comment

If a local player is bumped by an outsider, it's because the kid earned a spot. Earned the spot by putting in the extra hours and effort in getting better. If a player wants to improve, they must train beyond the 1-2 days required by the team. Senior players should be training at least 4-5 days a week. This includes training days with team and days on their own. This applies to all sports.
                            This most certainly does NOT apply to all sports. Most European clubs do not even keep official score at younger ages, nevermind cut little kids from teams when they find a new prospect. Most adult sports leagues are groups of friends, not adults vying vying for a sport on the team. Rec and community programs find a place for all players.

This applies to development academies!! And because there is lots of money in development academies, lots of local clubs are trying to go that direction. And do NOT kid yourself, they are not going in that direction for the good of the kids or the good of the game - they are in it for money and personal presitage.

The local kids are used as filler, as fodder, by LFC. The majority of kids in the program have been brought in from other local small community clubs. Why? Because those other clubs care about kids, care about Rec, care about famlies - and that develops healthy and confident athletes. LFC kids are looking over their shoulders from age 8.

LFC is a half-assed development academy, and an horrific community program. LFC does nothing well. (Except make money).

Comment

This most certainly does NOT apply to all sports. Most European clubs do not even keep official score at younger ages, nevermind cut little kids from teams when they find a new prospect. Most adult sports leagues are groups of friends, not adults vying vying for a sport on the team. Rec and community programs find a place for all players.

This applies to development academies!! And because there is lots of money in development academies, lots of local clubs are trying to go that direction. And do NOT kid yourself, they are not going in that direction for the good of the kids or the good of the game - they are in it for money and personal presitage.

The local kids are used as filler, as fodder, by LFC. The majority of kids in the program have been brought in from other local small community clubs. Why? Because those other clubs care about kids, care about Rec, care about famlies - and that develops healthy and confident athletes. LFC kids are looking over their shoulders from age 8.

LFC is a half-assed development academy, and an horrific community program. LFC does nothing well. (Except make money).
                              LFC does nothing well. (Except make money)

I wouldn't even give them that much credit!

Comment

LFC does nothing well. (Except make money)

I wouldn't even give them that much credit!
                                Trophies won????????? What trophies has LFC EVER won?????????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X