Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, that's actually not what I was saying. She and a very few other girls from her team had to suddenly compete against girls in the older ECNL team who were mostly staying on the same team with their same coach who knew them. She couldn't make that team. She has had no problem playing against older players when her team has played up at tournaments and I doubt she would have had a problem now.
    But unfortunately, she won't get the chance with that team.
    So now it's more about the coach knowing players? Sorry but if she didn't shine at tryouts the coach picked who he wanted. Almost all teams got mixed up and coaches crafted new teams with the talent they had to chose from. I think TS posters would feel a bit more empathy if you didn't keep making excuses. While size may be part of her problem, maybe she just isn't all that - you wouldn't be the first parent to over estimate his kids' abilities. Yes she's on the wrong end of the change, but kids who had summer birthdays used to be the ones getting hosed. Someone will always get hosed. Stop whining about it and figure out ways to help her improve and deal with the changes.

Comment

So now it's more about the coach knowing players? Sorry but if she didn't shine at tryouts the coach picked who he wanted. Almost all teams got mixed up and coaches crafted new teams with the talent they had to chose from. I think TS posters would feel a bit more empathy if you didn't keep making excuses. While size may be part of her problem, maybe she just isn't all that - you wouldn't be the first parent to over estimate his kids' abilities. Yes she's on the wrong end of the change, but kids who had summer birthdays used to be the ones getting hosed. Someone will always get hosed. Stop whining about it and figure out ways to help her improve and deal with the changes.
      Always politics. Of course a player trying to make a team with an established coach and players would be harder to prove herself.

Comment

Stop whining about it and figure out ways to help her improve and deal with the changes.
        You make the typical idiotic ASSumption that the fact someone is complaining on a message forum basically devoted to complaining means they aren't doing anything else. Don't people like you ever get tired of acting like @ssholes?

Comment

No, that's actually not what I was saying. She and a very few other girls from her team had to suddenly compete against girls in the older ECNL team who were mostly staying on the same team with their same coach who knew them. She couldn't make that team. She has had no problem playing against older players when her team has played up at tournaments and I doubt she would have had a problem now.
          But unfortunately, she won't get the chance with that team.
          If she was better than them she would have almost certainly been taken on the team. You made it clear in your prior posts that she was only a star when playing against younger kids.

You are on the losing end of the RAE now like others have always been. I feel for you but apparently she isn't quite good enough for the team. And that's OK. Not everyone is.

Comment

You are on the losing end of the RAE now like others have always been. I feel for you but apparently she isn't quite good enough for the team. And that's OK. Not everyone is.
            I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason. Sometimes things don't go how you'd like. Often it's how you deal with it that matters more than what actually happened.

Comment

I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason. Sometimes things don't go how you'd like. Often it's how you deal with it that matters more than what actually happened.
              It's all what the players make of it. Our daughter and one other were the only ones moved to a new team. It's like starting over after being with many of the same teammates for seven years. To do it their junior year was not respectful. It's not an ecnl club. They were bumped because the club had to fit all the seniors onto older birthyear teams but there was no reason to not keep them as extras on the roster, dual roster, or find a creative solution. The coach and club had told them they would be coming back to the same team and then at pulled the switcheroo at tryouts. We are not pleased with how it was handled but we are happy that she is trying to make the most out of it.

Comment

I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason.
                Everything happens for a reason, that's cause and effect. Not everything has a greater purpose however, and sometimes the reason is just stupidity.

Comment

Everything happens for a reason, that's cause and effect. Not everything has a greater purpose however, and sometimes the reason is just stupidity.
                  In life there is a great deal of stupidity. How you handle it also matters. To sit and post pages and pages about how stupid it is, is well, stupid

Comment

In life there is a great deal of stupidity. How you handle it also matters. To sit and post pages and pages about how stupid it is, is well, stupid
                    There is stupidly in life but we expect our club and coaches to be better than stupid.

Comment

Then why are you here? Because that's mostly what goes on here.

Comment

Do you remember when the switch to Birth Year age groups was announced? Seems like forever ago, but there was a massive outcry and people turning over cars and burning them in the streets. Now, the new season is upon us, practices are starting up and everything seems to be OK. If you're old enough to remember, it feels like New Years Eve-1999 with the Y2K debacle. When the clock struck 12:01 AM on 1/1/2000 - and nothing happened! No planes fell from the sky, etc.
                        Made a huge mess of Disney teams

Comment

Made a huge mess of Disney teams
                          how so?

Comment

I know that some clubs, especially smaller ones, had little choice but to keep teams together and have them play up rather than go straight birth year. And at some age groups you can probably get away with it, but not U13-U14. Our club is medium sized and went straight birth year but we just played a similarly sized one that had their kids play up. 2003 boys - so 13 year olds, many in full on puberty, vs some kids who are only 11. You can guess how it went. About the only thing that went in their favor was we got lots of fouls called on us because their kids will literally bounced off ours and hit the ground (our kids went out of their way to not play aggressively). The parents just sat their taking in the full reality of what their season will look like.

Comment

I know that some clubs, especially smaller ones, had little choice but to keep teams together and have them play up rather than go straight birth year. And at some age groups you can probably get away with it, but not U13-U14. Our club is medium sized and went straight birth year but we just played a similarly sized one that had their kids play up. 2003 boys - so 13 year olds, many in full on puberty, vs some kids who are only 11. You can guess how it went. About the only thing that went in their favor was we got lots of fouls called on us because their kids will literally bounced off ours and hit the ground (our kids went out of their way to not play aggressively). The parents just sat their taking in the full reality of what their season will look like.
                              Brith year = complete incompetence of USSF

Comment

Yeah we saw that look as well in a game recently. Parents starting to realize that keeping Billy with his friends might not have been a good idea. The change may have been stupid but it is what it is and sometimes it's better to work within those limitations

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X