Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things must be worse than I thought at WFF

Ages are not as deep as they appear. WFF is having each FSPL team playing up a age because of holes on the older girls teams. Lots of u17 filling in for the u18s, then u16s filling for the holes that are now on the u17s. And so on. With all the leagues playing games this weekend they can't fill the voids. My coworker/WFF parent is going out of his mind, but I warned him. Yet they think they will be able to have ECNL and GDA. Awesome! Good luck. I am jealous of the teams they are playing. Let the beat downs begin.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ages are not as deep as they appear. WFF is having each FSPL team playing up a age because of holes on the older girls teams. Lots of u17 filling in for the u18s, then u16s filling for the holes that are now on the u17s. And so on. With all the leagues playing games this weekend they can't fill the voids. My coworker/WFF parent is going out of his mind, but I warned him. Yet they think they will be able to have ECNL and GDA. Awesome! Good luck. I am jealous of the teams they are playing. Let the beat downs begin.
    Time will tell, but it seems most clubs are going through the same adjustments.

Comment

Alternatively, each kid that is playing up is doing so because they need the challenge...

Comment

Alternatively, each kid that is playing up is doing so because they need the challenge...
        More like WFF is in a bind and they are using the kids to fix their issues. Instead of forfeiting, one team, they will screw with at least 3 other teams to cover their butts. Not surprised at all with that club.

Comment

Signed,
          CS, AB, and the still staggering, inebriated JC

Comment

Their ECNL teams are nothing to write home about either. They're going to be a joke when they move to DA next year. They're traveling an awfully long way on the parents' dime to loose every game.

Comment

Their ECNL teams are nothing to write home about either. They're going to be a joke when they move to DA next year. They're traveling an awfully long way on the parents' dime to loose every game.
              WFF will have a lot of company in the bottom half of the ECNL standings. See BU,Weston, TBU. Not going to look good when all the Georgia teams are in the top half and the Florida teams mostly in the bottom.

As for the Thread topic. Classic WFF. Looking out for themselves over the kids. You know you could of said no to FSPL instead of putting one team in NPL/FSPL. Then the rest of your teams would not have to pay the price for it. I will do this for you WFF. Thanks you kids and parent for helping this terrible managed club to save face and (the main reason) save $500 per FSPL forfeit. The highest grossing club in the state can handle that amount. So you will even when it is not your team.

Good luck.

Comment

Ummm Yawn...Thank your co-worker for keeping you informed on whats going on here. Maybe next year your little porker will shed some LBs , make a team and you can get your facts first hand?

Comment

Ummm Yawn...Thank your co-worker for keeping you informed on whats going on here. Maybe next year your little porker will shed some LBs , make a team and you can get your facts first hand?
                  Not the OP, but I heard pretty much the exact same thing from a parent as well..."One club" philosophy apparently. I get teams from a certain club helping out a team in need, but to completely shift 3+ FSPL teams around to field one older team seems absurd...why not forfeit or just pull out altogether? Supposed to happen like 4 times this season.

Comment

I just want to say thank you. Awesome post. This is what we need more of around here. Honesty. And anytime we can work porker into the description of a player it's just an absolute bonus. Kudos to you my friend.

Comment

Well it seems WFF did ok with this age switch for the young ages. Nothing posted yet for the older 3 teams.

Comment

What you smoking? The 2003 Ecnl team not doing too hot.

Comment

What you smoking? The 2003 Ecnl team not doing too hot.
                          Poster was talking about the FSPL teams. That was where all the age change up happened these weekend because of NPL/FSPL schedules. The most changes was done with the u16, to u18. The u16 almost all played u17' but was rained out. Same with u17 playing u18, but rained out. U16 Cdl along with some u15 filled in for the u16 FSPL and got smoked 5-0.

WFF is worried about saving $500 than what these teams records are in FSPL. With a total of 4 weekends it equals or less than the amount of one player leaving a team and the team having do split up the cost. Which happens. Instead 3 to 4 other teams have to correct WFF for being stupid and that includes teams not going to fields that were near by and are now getting a hotel.

It will be interesting when the second weekend comes around for these type of weekends, parents are already saying they will only play for their team going forward.

Comment

Poster was talking about the FSPL teams. That was where all the age change up happened these weekend because of NPL/FSPL schedules. The most changes was done with the u16, to u18. The u16 almost all played u17' but was rained out. Same with u17 playing u18, but rained out. U16 Cdl along with some u15 filled in for the u16 FSPL and got smoked 5-0.

WFF is worried about saving $500 than what these teams records are in FSPL. With a total of 4 weekends it equals or less than the amount of one player leaving a team and the team having do split up the cost. Which happens. Instead 3 to 4 other teams have to correct WFF for being stupid and that includes teams not going to fields that were near by and are now getting a hotel.

It will be interesting when the second weekend comes around for these type of weekends, parents are already saying they will only play for their team going forward.
                            The fill in team lost 0-5..and then again 0-9 today. Way to ruin your fspl team's records before they even started, wff. Not to mention the confidence of the cdl players who got smoked. When some of these teams aren't accepted into future showcases because of their lopsided unearned losses, explain how it benefited to the parents then.

Comment

The fill in team lost 0-5..and then again 0-9 today. Way to ruin your fspl team's records before they even started, wff. Not to mention the confidence of the cdl players who got smoked. When some of these teams aren't accepted into future showcases because of their lopsided unearned losses, explain how it benefited to the parents then.
                              Any word on how the composite team that caused all this shift did? Sad thing is the true U16 team had to play for the U17s and tied the game for them, yet the CDL team that played for the U16 FSPL lost both games big time (not their fault either mind you)....this after the true U16 won their season opener 4-0, SMH...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X