Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Teams were divided the way BM wanted after this tryouts.
    Do you not agree? Did he put players that were not
    Good over players that were more skilled?

Comment

Teams were divided the way BM wanted after this tryouts.
      LOL Do you really think he hand picks over 30 teams! Keep smokin whatever it is you're smokin!

Comment

LOL Do you really think he hand picks over 30 teams! Keep smokin whatever it is you're smokin!
        Here we have a case where someone didn't make the premier team and are salty about it and the only reason was because BM put someone else there. IT has nothing to do with the fact that kid most likely wasn't very good (I mean how poor of a player do you have to be if you can't make the premier team at BRSC)...

Comment

Haven't you figured out already he's never going to leave! He's still there and the club keeps growing. I don't know how he does it.
          That's because you are unfamiliar with the concept of "Leadership".

Comment

That's because you are unfamiliar with the concept of "Leadership".
            There are some complaints I do have about BM and BRSC...

1. While BRSC grows in numbers, it is not necessarily a better club, too often talented players will leave for other programs (in Tampa). I would think that many of these players would stay that BRSC could start competing in stronger leagues.

2. While most of these (picking the teams) is ridicules, I do believe that some families and players are placed on team (typically lower level teams) are placed because they fund raise well or donate to the club. I don't think this is BRSC exclusive, but it something I have noticed.

3. Last minute coaching changes, again, I think other clubs experience this, but there have been times where you will see a coach change after you committed to a team.

4. The constant money grabs...pre tryout camp, mini camps...these are things that you see many clubs offer for free and the impression you get is that attending could potentially have an impact on whether or not make the team. So, in the end, you basically pay a fee (for tryout camp) to tryout.

Some of the other stuff people make reference to are mostly petty complaints and seem more like an emotional response to something not going their way.

Comment

Example, or is this just speculation because something didn't go your way?
              Those of us that have been around for many years know plenty of examples. You are either new or a troll.

John Smith.

Comment

Those of us that have been around for many years know plenty of examples. You are either new or a troll.

John Smith.
                Just as I thought. Little Billy or Suzzie couldn't make the first, second, or third team at BRSC so you either went to LWRCC or FCS where your kid could be on the "first" team.

Comment

Here we have a case where someone didn't make the premier team and are salty about it and the only reason was because BM put someone else there. IT has nothing to do with the fact that kid most likely wasn't very good (I mean how poor of a player do you have to be if you can't make the premier team at BRSC)...
                  LOL What I see is the kid not making the first team at BRSC and ending up on the "first" team at FCS or LWR. I've even seen kids not make the second team at BRSC and end up making the "first" team at FCS or LWR.

Comment

John Smith.
                    No, not a troll, but you don't present much of a compelling argument with "those who have been there, know" as if the parents sit at practice and just give each other knowing glances and head nods. Do you have any specific examples that you can us to illuminate this thread with, I've seen dozens of threads on other teams that actually give specifics or their gripes. Hell, just a post above yours offers something of substance.

Comment

LOL What I see is the kid not making the first team at BRSC and ending up on the "first" team at FCS or LWR. I've even seen kids not make the second team at BRSC and end up making the "first" team at FCS or LWR.
                      Different coaches might see different strengths, depending on what they value...technical ability, speed, aggressiveness, coachability....sometimes kids don't show well...or they do and fall out during a game.

Larger clubs offer more opportunities for serious, motivated players. Why be discontent with the role each club fills? Every few years each one seems to field one strong team, but as soon as they have a degree of success, they split up looking for a "better" situation.

Go to games. Talk to your kid in the car. Eat out with the team. Watch your kids stay fit and learn about team sports. Have fun at the tournaments and meet other people with similar interests. Go kick a ball with your kid.

Enjoy it while it lasts.......

Comment

John Smith.
                        I have many many stories also but there is no need to slander him in detail here.
                        If you want examples, please ask anyone that has been with the club for more than one year. (most people at BR don't stay that long if they have any aspirations).

Comment

I have many many stories also but there is no need to slander him in detail here.
                          If you want examples, please ask anyone that has been with the club for more than one year. (most people at BR don't stay that long if they have any aspirations).
                          Even better, go and ask him some questions and maybe you have some concerns about something or possible improvements and see how he handles it?

Comment

Better yet, volunteer in the snack bar...clean one extra thing before you leave.
                            Volunteer as a field marshal...say one nice thing before you leave.
                            Help out at a tournament...they always need help in the parking lot.
                            Sign up as a board member, see how it works...make sure to take on at least one committee.
                            Take a ref course and get on the field...it's a lot harder than you think...having people doing less than nothing yelling at you about a call 50 yards away...when you were right there.
                            Take a coaching course, or even coach a rec team. Always nice to have 12 sets of parents questioning your decisions, credentials, and experience.

Do ANYTHING except complain about the way someone else does it.

I'm sure if anyone would do some of the things BM does with confidence and ownership, it would be theirs to do.

Comment

Better yet, volunteer in the snack bar...clean one extra thing before you leave.
                              Volunteer as a field marshal...say one nice thing before you leave.
                              Help out at a tournament...they always need help in the parking lot.
                              Sign up as a board member, see how it works...make sure to take on at least one committee.
                              Take a ref course and get on the field...it's a lot harder than you think...having people doing less than nothing yelling at you about a call 50 yards away...when you were right there.
                              Take a coaching course, or even coach a rec team. Always nice to have 12 sets of parents questioning your decisions, credentials, and experience.

Do ANYTHING except complain about the way someone else does it.

I'm sure if anyone would do some of the things BM does with confidence and ownership, it would be theirs to do.
                              Why should I do this when I pay a lot of money to this club for them to teach my kids soccer?
                              But if you paid me the $50K plus that BM makes, I would have no problem riding around in a golf cart helping out.

Comment

Pity the tournament got rained out this weekend! Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X