Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL 2001 coaches

I really hope the Fotopoulo$' evaluate their coaches from this year prior to just continuing to let them continue status quo. Too many unhappy players and parents to let things keep going as they are.
    If you don't live in the area, have a kid on the team, or can't differentiate or control your emotions regarding your favorite players that you privately train, you should be ousted immediately. The double standards should end.

How in the hell do you commit to tournaments in May with players, and then have tryouts where they may not be on the team?

Comment

If the players are having closed door meetings with their coaches and having to explain double standards, favoritism, and other basic bull**** like that, that coach should be moved on, regardless of his pasts success.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        How in the hell do you commit to tournaments in May with players, and then have tryouts where they may not be on the team?
        Regardless of who gets the WFF Palm Harbor and East Lake teams the impact of losing them will be severe to WFF. I quick look at Got Soccer's listing of WFF teams shows the following breakout:

1) This is not perfect but it is based on how WFF named the teams;
        2) All ECNL teams were counted and assigned to Brandon;
        3) Any team without a campus identified in it's name was assigned to Brandon;
        4) If a team didn't have any Got Soccer points, or a coach or a roster it was not counted;

Boys and Girls Teams
        Brandon 48 (57%)
        Pasco 13 (15%)
        Pinellas 23 (27%)

Girls Teams Only
        Brandon 21 (63%)
        Pasco 2 (6%)
        Pinellas 10 (30%)

Not sure how WFF absorbs the loss of 23 teams (that's at least 400 players) - almost a third of all teams at the club. The impact will be even worse on the Girls side as they try to launch DA.

Comment

Regardless of who gets the WFF Palm Harbor and East Lake teams the impact of losing them will be severe to WFF. I quick look at Got Soccer's listing of WFF teams shows the following breakout:

4) If a team didn't have any Got Soccer points, or a coach or a roster it was not counted;

Boys and Girls Teams
          Brandon 48 (57%)
          Pasco 13 (15%)
          Pinellas 23 (27%)

Girls Teams Only
          Brandon 21 (63%)
          Pasco 2 (6%)
          Pinellas 10 (30%)

Not sure how WFF absorbs the loss of 23 teams (that's at least 400 players) - almost a third of all teams at the club. The impact will be even worse on the Girls side as they try to launch DA.
          Is Yo-Yo going to pull the "bait and switch" with the 2001 girls next season too? If Yo-Yo is involved with Girls DA then we are driving to IMG....

Comment

I really hope the Fotopoulo$' evaluate their coaches from this year prior to just continuing to let them continue status quo. Too many unhappy players and parents to let things keep going as they are.
            If you don't live in the area, have a kid on the team, or can't differentiate or control your emotions regarding your favorite players that you privately train, you should be ousted immediately. The double standards should end.
            So you don't like SS because your daughter is not good enough to play...

Comment

Is Yo-Yo going to pull the "bait and switch" with the 2001 girls next season too? If Yo-Yo is involved with Girls DA then we are driving to IMG....
              If Yo-Yo is still with WFF next year we are driving to OCYS. Especially because the OCYS GDA will be heavily subsidized and my daughter can play for next to nothing. Compare that to IMG costing $50K per year to play Girls DA.

Comment

Boys and Girls Teams
                Brandon 48 (57%)
                Pasco 13 (15%)
                Pinellas 23 (27%)

Girls Teams Only
                Brandon 21 (63%)
                Pasco 2 (6%)
                Pinellas 10 (30%)

I heard that OCYS will be heavily subsidized too. Has anyone seen how much it will cost to play GDA at WFF? If the information posted here about WFF losing 400 players is true I can only imagine GDA will be very expensive at WFF.

Comment

I heard that OCYS will be heavily subsidized too. Has anyone seen how much it will cost to play GDA at WFF? If the information posted here about WFF losing 400 players is true I can only imagine GDA will be very expensive at WFF.
                  Nobody can post a link that confirms the OCYS GDA subsidy. That should tell you something.

Don't fall for the purple propaganda. Do you honestly believe Orlando Pride will invest more in each GDA player than they pay some of their pros?

Comment

So you don't like SS because your daughter is not good enough to play...
                    Who is SS? My kid starts on their team.

Comment

Who is SS? My kid starts on their team.
                      SS is the coach of the 2001's (subject of the thread)....

Comment

Nobody can post a link that confirms the OCYS GDA subsidy. That should tell you something.

Don't fall for the purple propaganda. Do you honestly believe Orlando Pride will invest more in each GDA player than they pay some of their pros?
                        If you sign up for Orlando City's GDA because you think it will be cheaper than other alternatives you will be greatly disappointed . . .

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          i really hope the fotopoulo$' evaluate their coaches from this year prior to just continuing to let them continue status quo. Too many unhappy players and parents to let things keep going as they are.
                          spot on!

Comment

SS is the coach of the 2001's (subject of the thread)....
                            My kid is a 2001 and plays ECNL for OCYS and there is no SS involved? Tying to find out more about the Girls DA subsidies for next year? Can anybody post anything concrete?

Comment

Tying to find out more about the Girls DA subsidies for next year? Can anybody post anything concrete?
                              There is nothing concrete. All you will find is desperate rumors planted by the OC staff to keep people from leaving. Buyer beware.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X