• Show
Clear All

Panama beats USA 1-0 in U20 Concaf tournament

We truly stink...DA is not helping as much as many think

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/0...pionship-recap

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We truly stink...DA is not helping as much as many think

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/0...pionship-recap
    Panama played with 10 players for about 75 minutes and still kicked our sorry arse...smh

Comment

We don't stink.
      We do have very good players.
      I do think the DA system is broken and needs to be fixed.

To me, the big problem was that before JK, no other national team coach paid attention to our youth system. We were using college as a feeder system and not developing pros, which hurt us. I think we now have a system in place to develop pro players, which will lead to better national players, but DA coaching has not gotten much better since the start of the program and there are areas of the DA program that are lacking.

Many DA coaches aren’t good enough and are only holding coaching positions because of local and national politics (friends). Way too many DA coaches that have no history of player production and are poor at identifying talent.

Certain areas that have a history of player production don’t have DA programs.

The cost at Non MLS DA programs is too expensive and has far too much travel in some regions. High level player development can be done on a local level if clubs have standards.

I coach at a club the offers both ECNL & DA and it seems to me that the competition has been sucked out of the game. There was something to be said for local competition. It pushes communities and players within those communities to get better. I don’t see that happening anymore, especially at the younger ages. Although games shouldn’t be coached to win at all costs and you should play the right way in the younger age groups, cultivating a winning attitude and having rivals is a good thing. I see way too many coaches run training sessions during the week, sit and watch the games at the weekend and walk away the from the game they same way, win or in defeat it is the same reaction.

Coaching education is still a problem. If you are not in the DA system it has become difficult to move beyond the B license. The cost of getting an A license is a fortune and many clubs no longer reimburse.

We got rid of Arena and the likes to grow US Soccer. We are now back to the same guys that neglected youth soccer and didn’t have a plan for growth.

It is frustrating.

I must say, getting beat by Panama, a small nation with a newer soccer program isn't good. Panama is growing and has done well in the region, but should not beat the US. Not at any age group.

Comment

It has become impossible for players to be considered for the National Team call ups if they missed the opportunity when they were 12 or 14. There are so many playes that develop when they are 16 and they are never given a chance. Politics, favorites and having an advocate rule in soccer, versus given more players the chance.

Comment

Coaching, scouting, and inspirationally we are void of talent from the top down. And it is absolutely not going to get any better under Bruce Arena it is only going to get worse.

Comment

High school and club soccer are failing to produce talent. It is painfully obvious.

Comment

If you hate America, get the **** out.

https://www.orbitz.com/Flights-Searc...www.orbitz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                If you hate America, get the **** out.

https://www.orbitz.com/Flights-Searc...www.orbitz.com
                Sorry that you are only now realizing that all the time and money you spent on making Jr. the next Messi was basically thrown out the window as evidenced by Jr. getting beat by a bunch of kids who played pick up games on dirt most of their lives.

....and I do love America. I just hate the people running and ruining American soccer. They are part of the same class of politically correct fools who were also doing their ignorant best to ruin America.

Comment

This should never happen. Panama has about the same population as Miami dads county.

Comment

The problem is the our players don't have the passion,look for the latin countries winning a game is a national pride, like a hero. Our boys don't have the balls , bottom line.

Comment

I don't agree. We have lots of players that have passion. We also have a nice core of U20 players on that roster.

Watching the game you see that the US had the ball and played decent attacking soccer. For years we have played a counter attack game, but that is changing. We are starting to dictate the play. We are holding the ball and getting forward like never before. The big problem is we don't create anything special in the final third. When we get forward lack ideas in the final third.

More games to be played by the U20's. Hopefully they get it together.

Comment

The reason we can't create is because of the robotic style demanded by the USSDA. We will never fix this, as long as they restrain the youth players not allowing any creativity on the pitch!!

Comment

USA beats Mexico 1 0, USA dominated all 90mins.
                          Is DA working?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X