Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was all stars current Ecnl and npl players. We did not see players from outside clubs.
    It's odd they tweeting a picture of the turnout and it was a sea of FC stars backpacks.

Comment

Breakers is free! That's great!
      Doubt free. Admission to the pro games should be free. Or maybe pay us to go!

Comment

Doubt free. Admission to the pro games should be free. Or maybe pay us to go!
        Have any of the GDA or ECNL clubs discussed pricing for next year? I wonder if there will be any impact to pricing with a new game in town (but I doubt it)!

Comment

huge reason behind USSF creating DA, besides training players for the style of play they want NT players to play, is to train athletes to be able to manage games with the limited substitution rules of international soccer. In the DA games, NO re entry, 3 stoppages for substitutions, 5 substitutions max.
          SO, with that it does not make sense to have a large roster, and 18 would be about the max. that would only leave two players getting zero minutes per game. With each DA team comprising of two year classes, thats not alot of spots, unless a team is willing to field a large roster and will have many players sit out each game. Think about that if you are with the Breakers. look at your 01/02 rosters, and your 99/00 rosters who is the top 18, or are you willing to stomach a huge roster and sit a third of your games? If you think DA is going to water down the ECNL, WHAT do you think that will leave the NPL? Good luck with that

Comment

huge reason behind USSF creating DA, besides training players for the style of play they want NT players to play, is to train athletes to be able to manage games with the limited substitution rules of international soccer. In the DA games, NO re entry, 3 stoppages for substitutions, 5 substitutions max.
            SO, with that it does not make sense to have a large roster, and 18 would be about the max. that would only leave two players getting zero minutes per game. With each DA team comprising of two year classes, thats not alot of spots, unless a team is willing to field a large roster and will have many players sit out each game. Think about that if you are with the Breakers. look at your 01/02 rosters, and your 99/00 rosters who is the top 18, or are you willing to stomach a huge roster and sit a third of your games? If you think DA is going to water down the ECNL, WHAT do you think that will leave the NPL? Good luck with that
            Look to boys rosters to see how that will work - many are well over 20 and even USFF says the expected average roster size for GDA is 23. As will happen with the boys' side, unless you're player #1-14 you should carefully consider other options where you're likely to actually play.

Comment

Have any of the GDA or ECNL clubs discussed pricing for next year? I wonder if there will be any impact to pricing with a new game in town (but I doubt it)!
              I've seen a few club presentations that are floating around the internet. All were priced about $2500 not including travel to games for 2-3 showcases. So there's some savings over ECNL not huge and probably not enough to sway the average middle to upper income soccer family - they'll chose based on best fit, not cost.

Comment

I've seen a few club presentations that are floating around the internet. All were priced about $2500 not including travel to games for 2-3 showcases. So there's some savings over ECNL not huge and probably not enough to sway the average middle to upper income soccer family - they'll chose based on best fit, not cost.
                You mean no savings. Unfunded DA costs more because travel is further.

Comment

But in GDA your child is training for the WNT. Priceless!

Comment

You mean no savings. Unfunded DA costs more because travel is further.
                    Some savings off the club fees counteracted by higher travel costs. Some regions have terrible travel; East coast isn't too bad.

Comment

Some savings off the club fees counteracted by higher travel costs. Some regions have terrible travel; East coast isn't too bad.
                      JD is coaching ECNL team so all top players will play ECNL. A couple may do other team who are buying the line of training for national team

Not a tough one to figure out

Comment

Watching the stampede to GDAP team once YNT coaches prefer those Stars over the ECNL ones. Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          I doubt they have any loyalty to FCB. That seems like a stretch. I agree they are trying to figure out where the girls want/can play. I'm not sure why there's a separate thread for this, though. Let's include in the DA/ECNL so we can see if we can get real insight rather than start with the club bashing.
                          Whoever posted this is a genius. Another thread that has devolved into bashing, and I hate to be the one to admit it, but our club started it.

Comment

Watching the stampede to GDAP team once YNT coaches prefer those Stars over the ECNL ones. Priceless.
                            My NT pool daughter was told to get on GDA team from NT coaches. We are evaluating both options, but the uncertainty of the Stars GDA future concerns us, although we'd probably prefer it for other reasons. But thinking Breakers will have the stronger DA team.

Comment

JD is coaching ECNL team so all top players will play ECNL. A couple may do other team who are buying the line of training for national team

Not a tough one to figure out
                              Do you know why JD is coaching ECNL and DAP? Because he can't coach DAP and the U16G NT - genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                My NT pool daughter was told to get on GDA team from NT coaches. We are evaluating both options, but the uncertainty of the Stars GDA future concerns us, although we'd probably prefer it for other reasons. But thinking Breakers will have the stronger DA team.
                                Sure she is. Good luck to her on that NT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X