Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quick question for you. Pretend your kid is smarter than she really is for a minute. Maybe you wife in a moment of weakness with her legs open and decided to give her obgyn a ride and oops, she just told you it was your daughter.

Now let's say she has been playing for the stars and is player 10 or 11. Not bad, but not power conf material. Let's say you had an accident at work and your hand got crushed in the garbage truck compactor and you got a nice workmens comp settlement and could afford to send your kid to any college. URI offers her a roster spot and 15k athletic scholarship. The next day Amherst coach calls and offers her a roster spot. Do you tell her, sorry babe, Amherst is a better school and you did a wicked good job in school, but I paid for a lot of soccer travel and club fees over the past few years. So you are taking the URI offer. Just checking!
    A better question, what does a guy who's primary claim to fame is he raised a son who played D3 soccer (who by this point in time is out of college a couple of years now) know about the ECNL, GDA or anything else about the girls side of things

Comment

Quick question for you. Pretend your kid is smarter than she really is for a minute. Maybe you wife in a moment of weakness with her legs open and decided to give her obgyn a ride and oops, she just told you it was your daughter.

Now let's say she has been playing for the stars and is player 10 or 11. Not bad, but not power conf material. Let's say you had an accident at work and your hand got crushed in the garbage truck compactor and you got a nice workmens comp settlement and could afford to send your kid to any college. URI offers her a roster spot and 15k athletic scholarship. The next day Amherst coach calls and offers her a roster spot. Do you tell her, sorry babe, Amherst is a better school and you did a wicked good job in school, but I paid for a lot of soccer travel and club fees over the past few years. So you are taking the URI offer. Just checking!
      kid actually had a similar experience and as much as i tried to direct them to amherst, they chose a top 20 ranked d1 college instead. am i a bad parent?

Comment

kid actually had a similar experience and as much as i tried to direct them to amherst, they chose a top 20 ranked d1 college instead. am i a bad parent?
        Not really a similar situation in the least. And assuming you're being truthful, why would you try to direct a kid with a top 20 D1 option to Amherst?

Comment

A better question, what does a guy who's primary claim to fame is he raised a son who played D3 soccer (who by this point in time is out of college a couple of years now) know about the ECNL, GDA or anything else about the girls side of things
          So, in other words, you're punting on the question asked and all other similar relevant questions.

Comment

It's sad you think a parent's "primary claim to fame" would revolve around raising a girl who played D1 soccer. But maybe that's pretty much all you have to offer, Paul.

Comment

It's sad you think a parent's "primary claim to fame" would revolve around raising a girl who played D1 soccer. But maybe that's pretty much all you have to offer, Paul.
              Your actions here tell everyone that you resent the hell out parents who can claim what you clearly failed at.

Comment

Not really a similar situation in the least. And assuming you're being truthful, why would you try to direct a kid with a top 20 D1 option to Amherst?
                better education. smaller class size. better fit for my kid, but they chose soccer over studies.

Comment

Your actions here tell everyone that you resent the hell out parents who can claim what you clearly failed at.
                  I have a girl heading to D1, Paul. I don't regard that as an ultimate sign of parental success. But I would regard my forcing her to MCLA a failure on my part. Word on the street is, the girl you subjected to that actual experience feels that way about you. All over girls' soccer and your deep feelings of inadequacy as a man and a son, which you were unable to overcome in the best interest of your older daughter. Truly sad.

Comment

I have a girl heading to D1, Paul. I don't regard that as an ultimate sign of parental success. But I would regard my forcing her to MCLA a failure on my part. Word on the street is, the girl you subjected to that actual experience feels that way about you. All over girls' soccer and your deep feelings of inadequacy as a man and a son, which you were unable to overcome in the best interest of your older daughter. Truly sad.
                    Interesting how the fictions morph. Used to be a son who went D3. Now it's a daughter who is going D1. All this to defend the honor of D3 soccer? Consider that this person believes himself to be a top mental health professional.

Comment

Interesting how the fictions morph. Used to be a son who went D3. Now it's a daughter who is going D1. All this to defend the honor of D3 soccer? Consider that this person believes himself to be a top mental health professional.
                      Different commenter, Heinsohn (of TS "half-bread president" fame). For a person of even modest intelligence, that wouldn't be hard to figure out. But at least you plead no contest about your brutal treatment of the older daughter. Did she really change her name because of that?

Comment

Two different posters, BTNT. Imagine that.

You're so damaged. I've seen this before with Dads who feel like they failed because of not producing a son, especially when the Dads were athletes and or had their own fathers who were athletes. The need to overcompensate can be stunning as we've seen from the one and only.

Comment

More conclusion whoring from BTNT.

Being focused on exposing your serial lies, distortions, fictions and relentless disparagement of others does not require anyone being jealous of you. If I for instance am upset about not having a professional level athlete would I only focus on you? Why haven't I railed against the Mewis family or the other SM? Maybe you're just a bad guy, period. And btw, I've called you out long before I even knew you had another kid who might end up being a phenom.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X