Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bingo! This is all about the OP thinking his kid isn't rated as highly as the OP thinks he/she should be. I mean surely that must be the reason his kid isn't getting recruited right?! It's all TDS's fault!
    I was watching this thread as the OP, and you don't even know what you are saying. I have a unrated younger player, waiting and waiting for even a rating, and it's been like six months. So I can't tell you yet if it is lower as you say than it should be. I think because I had to logged in to keep checking we started to see some issues as we watch some older players we know. So sorry to bust your bubble.

The intent is only this. Yes, it would be nice if ever one discounted the sites accuracy, but I think this is not true, as many will use their ratings and hit the site for news...so I guess the only ones that promote their ratings are those that think they are accurate. The rest have to sit back and accept it. I think I'll take off my kids profile.

Comment

I was watching this thread as the OP, and you don't even know what you are saying. I have a unrated younger player, waiting and waiting for even a rating, and it's been like six months. So I can't tell you yet if it is lower as you say than it should be. I think because I had to logged in to keep checking we started to see some issues as we watch some older players we know. So sorry to bust your bubble.

The intent is only this. Yes, it would be nice if ever one discounted the sites accuracy, but I think this is not true, as many will use their ratings and hit the site for news...so I guess the only ones that promote their ratings are those that think they are accurate. The rest have to sit back and accept it. I think I'll take off my kids profile.
      You are way too involved and really overthinking it. And really do you want your kid playing for a coach that would rely heavily on such a system? It shows very poor judgement if they are.

If your player is good, gets in front of coaches at showcases and ID events/camps it will all work out.

Comment

There is no harm in your kids profile being there, especially since they are young. They will never get ranked if they are not there and they do catch TDS' eye at an event or if they attend some event where TDS obtains the attendance list. TDS does not create their own profiles.

Is it a perfect system? No. My D had a club teammate who had the game of her life in the 8th grade at a high profile tournament against a top team and she is still listed (albeit) at the end of the rankings 4 years later despite the fact she no longer even plays.

Comment

There is no harm in your kids profile being there, especially since they are young. They will never get ranked if they are not there and they do catch TDS' eye at an event or if they attend some event where TDS obtains the attendance list. TDS does not create their own profiles.

Is it a perfect system? No. My D had a club teammate who had the game of her life in the 8th grade at a high profile tournament against a top team and she is still listed (albeit) at the end of the rankings 4 years later despite the fact she no longer even plays.
          Some players on our team got rated without ever doing anything, and then others who paid and put out profile never got rated at least yet.

Comment

Some players on our team got rated without ever doing anything, and then others who paid and put out profile never got rated at least yet.
            Why would you pay and put a profile on TDS unless your kid is ranked In the top 150? TDS loves to have suckers pay, buy that doesn't get you ranked, being good gets you ranked. We didn't even know or care what TDS was before our D was ranked. They got word to us she was on there. Top way to get on is do something in the ECNL playoffs. Teams that make the quarter finals get alot of exposure. From there on, if you can stand out, you have a good shot.

Comment

Op you need to stop worrying about it. Good players are found without TDS each and every day.

Comment

Why would you pay and put a profile on TDS unless your kid is ranked In the top 150? TDS loves to have suckers pay, buy that doesn't get you ranked, being good gets you ranked. We didn't even know or care what TDS was before our D was ranked. They got word to us she was on there. Top way to get on is do something in the ECNL playoffs. Teams that make the quarter finals get alot of exposure. From there on, if you can stand out, you have a good shot.
                I think it is too big of a task. If a player wants a rating, then they actually could pay even a little more, have a scout really look at them, and doing an annual review. The half way kind of thing is the bigger problem. TDS rate them correctly or objectively, or don't rate at all and indicate (not enough info). If there isn't a personal touch, then a more systematic approach would seem to be in order. It seems like there is confusion on if the rating is based on age, or overall as a player. Almost like two ratings are needed...where they are rated against their age group, maybe starting at 14, and where they are overall as a player. Would be better to see how a player moves through a ten level rating system over their career, and gives players something to strive for. Giving a four star or five star to a 13 year old just enables something and then they have nothing to work toward except to potentially drop down as they age in their rating. Strange really.

Comment

Op you need to stop worrying about it. Good players are found without TDS each and every day.

I am OP...btw, below wasn't something I wrote (see below) so not sure if it is just meant for the OP. I put this string out for discussion, because players are bothered (mid-teen select players) in my car pool, and impacted. So stop thinking I have a problem with a rating...I said it earlier, my kid hasn't been rated yet...waiting, now I'm not so sure we should be hoping!! This isn't just a OP issue, for the number of times this is said. I think everyone can agree, some good in these sites for highlighting soccer, but can also cause harm and strange comparison between players. I'd hope when we get to college recruiting, college coaches are smart enough to overlook it. Performance always important, but other factors can come into play. Told you, I played. And if you look at the original post, I was just saying more transparency, more contact with players for this site to have integrity.

Note OP:

OP here - my point was that the op is putting way too much stock into the belief that TDS is credible. The same type of parent that cries unfair when his kid doesn't make all state.

Comment

I am OP...btw, below wasn't something I wrote (see below) so not sure if it is just meant for the OP. I put this string out for discussion, because players are bothered (mid-teen select players) in my car pool, and impacted. So stop thinking I have a problem with a rating...I said it earlier, my kid hasn't been rated yet...waiting, now I'm not so sure we should be hoping!! This isn't just a OP issue, for the number of times this is said. I think everyone can agree, some good in these sites for highlighting soccer, but can also cause harm and strange comparison between players. I'd hope when we get to college recruiting, college coaches are smart enough to overlook it. Performance always important, but other factors can come into play. Told you, I played. And if you look at the original post, I was just saying more transparency, more contact with players for this site to have integrity.

Note OP:

OP here - my point was that the op is putting way too much stock into the belief that TDS is credible. The same type of parent that cries unfair when his kid doesn't make all state.
                    Meant...NOT OP on this one quote above.

Comment

I think it is too big of a task. If a player wants a rating, then they actually could pay even a little more, have a scout really look at them, and doing an annual review. The half way kind of thing is the bigger problem. TDS rate them correctly or objectively, or don't rate at all and indicate (not enough info). If there isn't a personal touch, then a more systematic approach would seem to be in order. It seems like there is confusion on if the rating is based on age, or overall as a player. Almost like two ratings are needed...where they are rated against their age group, maybe starting at 14, and where they are overall as a player. Would be better to see how a player moves through a ten level rating system over their career, and gives players something to strive for. Giving a four star or five star to a 13 year old just enables something and then they have nothing to work toward except to potentially drop down as they age in their rating. Strange really.
                      Strange that anyone would think such a "system" would be legit or reliable in the first place.

Comment

You're going to have a coronary before your kid gets her first offer.

Comment

Here's a good system:

ForwardS- Based on Number of Goals
                          Midfielders - Based on Number of Assists and Goals
                          Defenders - Not letting goals hit your GK
                          GKs - Saving them if they get through.

The best get rated the highest. Nothing else matters, and gee this would take politics out of it. Statistics aren't tracked well in any of the top leagues. Time to change that.

Comment

Here's a good system:

ForwardS- Based on Number of Goals
                            Midfielders - Based on Number of Assists and Goals
                            Defenders - Not letting goals hit your GK
                            GKs - Saving them if they get through.

The best get rated the highest. Nothing else matters, and gee this would take politics out of it. Statistics aren't tracked well in any of the top leagues. Time to change that.
                            And if your club coach decided to not put goals in because it hurt hit team, or the girls included have quit club soccer or have acl tears and are gett
                            In

Comment

How anyone would think that what is essentially a pay-to-be-evaluated system would be fair is beyond me. Take a look at just one class of plyers from MA and tell me this list includes all the state's best players and give me reason why some players should be included.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...rtDirections=1

Bigger picture it's unrealistic that an operation from CA has a network of reliable sources of information to keep track of this country's top players. They'd need to have an army of scouts/people tracking game reports etc. and for all that information to be input and input correctly in the first place.

Comment

And if your club coach decided to not put goals in because it hurt hit team, or the girls included have quit club soccer or have acl tears and are gett
                                In
                                It's a classic case of garbage in = garbage out. That's why the poster stressing about his U13 kid's future-as-yet-to-be-completed-ratings needs to CHILL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X