Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA is great, but there I should one thing it won't ever have...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Each person can choose there own path. However let's state some facts the DA is all about the $$$ it brings in to U.S. Soccer. Yes MLS Da's are fully funded, however $$ still goes to US soccer. Also there is a need for non MLS DA's otherwise the Expenses would be through the roof for travel. It's very simple DA parents think there kids and the kings and there egos are huge. The non DA parents who didn't make it feel hurt and lash out. Then there is those that chose not to go to the DA and say there is an alternative path. My opinion all are right and all are wrong. For us to be successful in this country we need to eliminate all these silly leagues and bring back localized regional competition with promotion and relegation in each area. This way you truly have to battle to stay a top and those teams who do will draw the best players. In return those players will be coached well. People it's not about the club or league, it's about the coach. Players in those age groups will be able to identify that coach due to where they are in there standings. Canada did this 10 years ago when they were going through a crisis and not creating consistent top hockey talent.

too much money in the system now to go back. and ussf has shown they're as much about control/power as trying to improve the game.

Comment

Your the one coming on TS and attacking the DA because you can not handle it that your kid is not playing at the highest level of youth soccer. Your upset because you are living vicariously through your kid and you want him to play High School, because you want him to be popular in school, and you cannot come to terms that there is a higher league out there that does not allow for high school play, for a good reason, I might add. People who have their kids in the DA, for the most part, are not the ones attacking people whose kid is playing high school. It is usually the other way around. Trust me, people in the DA wish that high school soccer was at a higher level, so their kids could play, but that is not the way it is. Just like regular club soccer, High school is a much lower quality of soccer than DA. That is why the kids that play DA are making that sacrifice. Just the fact, Jack.
      Many are making the sacrifice because it's a path to college soccer. Next year they'll have an option with boys ECNL that will still offer them good (not top level) soccer, college exposure and the ability to play HS sports. Every DA player I know, including my own kid, got a great deal out the experience but almost every one would have still played HS soccer if given the chance to do so. They know much of it sucks but don't care. Yes it's a tough choice/sacrifice to make, but it's one that isn't necessary for most players because at best they'll play for a few years in college and that is all.

Comment

Many are making the sacrifice because it's a path to college soccer. Next year they'll have an option with boys ECNL that will still offer them good (not top level) soccer, college exposure and the ability to play HS sports. Every DA player I know, including my own kid, got a great deal out the experience but almost every one would have still played HS soccer if given the chance to do so. They know much of it sucks but don't care. Yes it's a tough choice/sacrifice to make, but it's one that isn't necessary for most players because at best they'll play for a few years in college and that is all.
        "...but almost every one would have still played HS soccer if given the chance to do so. They know much of it sucks but don't care."

To be really clear, many regular season HS soccer games suck because they are so lopsided. But in reality, by the time you get to the playoffs (especially deep in the playoffs) the level of HS play rivals some of the best club teams. People who argue otherwise have not really watched the games or are just trying to rationalize their own choices.

Comment

"...but almost every one would have still played HS soccer if given the chance to do so. They know much of it sucks but don't care."

To be really clear, many regular season HS soccer games suck because they are so lopsided. But in reality, by the time you get to the playoffs (especially deep in the playoffs) the level of HS play rivals some of the best club teams. People who argue otherwise have not really watched the games or are just trying to rationalize their own choices.
          OK I want to see the state champ take on Weston or OC 17/18s and then we will know the true quality of HS soccer.

Comment

think Bu boys team could beat them?

Comment

OK I want to see the state champ take on Weston or OC 17/18s and then we will know the true quality of HS soccer.
              people are not seeing that it is something that the kid wanted to do and he enjoys it! DA people come here to explain or justify why high school soccer is not important because of the quality, so what and yes it probably is not the best quality but the kid is having a great time representing his school and no one should take that away from him!

Comment

people are not seeing that it is something that the kid wanted to do and he enjoys it! DA people come here to explain or justify why high school soccer is not important because of the quality, so what and yes it probably is not the best quality but the kid is having a great time representing his school and no one should take that away from him!
                Your son is happy waking up in the morning spending 8 hours at school hanging out with his friends playing soccer feeling like a superstar on the field. That is great for him.

My son prefers to wake up at 5:30 go to the field. Come home sit at his computer finish he school work by noon. go to the gym till 3. come home eat and head to training till 8:30

They both have a routine and both are happy...

Comment

My son prefers to wake up at 5:30 go to the field. Come home sit at his computer finish he school work by noon. go to the gym till 3. come home eat and head to training till 8:30

They both have a routine and both are happy...
                  I heard the unabomber had a similar routine

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    your son is happy waking up in the morning spending 8 hours at school hanging out with his friends playing soccer feeling like a superstar on the field. That is great for him.

My son prefers to wake up at 5:30 go to the field. Come home sit at his computer finish he school work by noon. Go to the gym till 3. Come home eat and head to training till 8:30

they both have a routine and both are happy...
                    are we suppose to be impressed with your son ? Where is he playing after high school mls division one over seas please keep us updated

Comment

are we suppose to be impressed with your son ? Where is he playing after high school mls division one over seas please keep us updated
                      You wish you had a routine like that fatass!! Go get your boyfriend some bon bons and turn on the O network

Comment

Simple answer. List all the D1 and D2 commitments for 2017 DA vs Non DA.

Comment

Funny if his son really is doing that as a daily routine he has a much better shot than the 90% of the kids out there. Now you are bashing someone because they gave their kids the tools to secede and the freedom to make choices just like your child plays HS soccer because he chose too (could not make DA)

Comment

Funny if his son really is doing that as a daily routine he has a much better shot than the 90% of the kids out there. Now you are bashing someone because they gave their kids the tools to secede and the freedom to make choices just like your child plays HS soccer because he chose too (could not make DA)
                            no, its funny that he has to justify it on a boards like so feels better about it. for those who are not aware, this place is for the parents more than anything! its a ******* contest of who does more and a place where you have to tell everyone to make yourself feel better.

Comment

no, its funny that he has to justify it on a boards like so feels better about it. for those who are not aware, this place is for the parents more than anything! its a ******* contest of who does more and a place where you have to tell everyone to make yourself feel better.
                              My kid is better than your kid!!! Oh an you are here so you like being humiliated because your kid sucks. I just pissed on your face. take your golden shower and move on...

Comment

My kid is better than your kid!!! Oh an you are here so you like being humiliated because your kid sucks. I just pissed on your face. take your golden shower and move on...
                                Haha, that's funny. another great example of why I enjoying coming on here. another parent beating their chest in attempt to make themselves feel better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X